Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont see that happening but we dont have the list spots to use those picks so they will be going in another trade one might be for ceglar and the others i have a feeling we will package lower picks to get 23 from the dogs.
Was taking the piss.
All this is now is a dick swinging contest over 19, 22, 27 as being overs/unders. So why not have some fun.

Oh OK then. By what metric?
Brayshaw is VC of the U22 team. Serong won a rising star, goal of year and best young player from the players association this year. Darcy is a gun, Young got a rising star nomination.
I'm not arguing that we're any good, we're not. But good youth development seems to exist in the team.

Brayshaw is VC of the U22 team. Serong won a rising star, goal of year and best young player from the players association this year. Darcy is a gun, Young got a rising star nomination.
I'm not arguing that we're any good, we're not. But good youth development seems to exist in the team.
I am married with 2 kids and a mortgage and with the exception of Darcy the last time the cats had a pick anywhere near those selections I was 22 years old. Fair to say it's not really apples with apples

This trade has got me stuffed
So if JC is that good (pick 19) why are cats letting him go ?
Freo are dumb if they give anything less than 22 .
We really don’t need him that much . If he is that desperate to get home ( gee where have I heard that before??!!! ) then wait till next year and Freo pay peanuts .
I guess if it’s a show of faith in him getting back to WA we get the trade done but only for 22 , should keep all parties happy .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

except for the fact that we only have f1 and f3 next year, so us having that F3 is far more valuable then it is to Geelong tbh

Hope we walk away unless we get something back
Over a future pick on the 50s? I don't think it matters what else you have it's still a nothing pick. Looks like we asked for it just to save face.

Pick 19 seems overs. Even 22 is slight overs tbh, but should hopefully get it done.
Agreed
30-40 is probably closer to current value I reckon.

I still can’t work out whether he truly wants to leave or is just pumping up his tyres for a better contract negotiation with Cats next year .?

I guess the fact that he still has a year to go and Freo need outside run with footy nous and skills ( we have plenty of runners but they are still raw) means more likely the former.

Agreed
30-40 is probably closer to current value I reckon.

I still can’t work out whether he truly wants to leave or is just pumping up his tyres for a better contract negotiation with Cats next year .?

I guess the fact that he still has a year to go and Freo need outside run with footy nous and skills ( we have plenty of runners but they are still raw) means more likely the former.
I rate him a bit higher, but 30-40 assessments aren’t unfair. Mine would be around the 25-30 area.

Over a future pick on the 50s? I don't think it matters what else you have it's still a nothing pick. Looks like we asked for it just to save face.
yes over a pick in the 50s, we are in a rebuild, we need draft capital, its worth way more to us than you guys who have a full draft hand next year

its the difference between a pick in the 50s, Neale, Shulz, Ryan versus 70s or 80s (couldn't name a good player we have drafted there)

yes over a pick in the 50s, we are in a rebuild, we need draft capital, its worth way more to us than you guys who have a full draft hand next year

its the difference between a pick in the 50s, Neale, Shulz, Ryan versus 70s or 80s (couldn't name a good player we have drafted there)

Switta at 73 would be an absolute steal if he could just remain injury free. 10th in our b&f from only 12 games. Love the intensity he plays with esp the last round v stk.

Death, Taxes and Scotland popping up on a trade thread involving Geelong grinding his little axe 😂

ps You’re using the term melt all wrong but don’t stop bc as I said it gives us great joy having you back each year.
Wait till we get Brander as a DFA. Guy will really lose his sh*t. 🤣

LOL, you guys are so wound up you are deflecting to the point of talking about what you think someone's reaction will be to something unrelated to the topic at hand that hasn't even happened. I think you'll find that WC have told Brander (OOC) he is free to explore his options. I don't think we will end up de-listing him, but if you want to trade for him I doubt the price starts before pick 50. Good luck to him if he moves elsewhere, he hasn't had the opportunity he would like to this point. Sometimes players in that position ask to be traded and move clubs. Crazy I know.

Almost every pick in the 50s fails. It's a token pick to say we didn't cave and accept 22 outright

This trade has got me stuffed
So if JC is that good (pick 19) why are cats letting him go ?
Freo are dumb if they give anything less than 22 .
We really don’t need him that much . If he is that desperate to get home ( gee where have I heard that before??!!! ) then wait till next year and Freo pay peanuts .
I guess if it’s a show of faith in him getting back to WA we get the trade done but only for 22 , should keep all parties happy .

We're not "letting him go", though.....from all reports, we're desperate to keep him.

Hence the need for a trade that's overs to get the deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back