Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1235642
More journos conditioning to band 2 Stavros.
I’ll raise your Riley Beveridge with a Cal Twomey

Josh Battle's six-year deal at Hawthorn will net St Kilda either a first-round selection or end-of-first-round pick, with the contract expected to be on the verge of the band one grading. That would hand the Saints picks No.7 and 8.

- Cal Twomey

Josh Battle's six-year deal at Hawthorn will net St Kilda either a first-round selection or end-of-first-round pick, with the contract expected to be on the verge of the band one grading. That would hand the Saints picks No.7 and 8.

- Cal Twomey
Wont be pick 8

I can’t imagine why the playing group are no longer fans.

Maybe it was something Josh did?
Oh, so now the playing group aren’t fans?

More likely that president of yours decided to make another hypocritical stand.

The victim mentality from St Kilda is making his decision look all the better

Saints will walk hands turned up to the AFL asking for money, but kick and scream about "father sons"

Pathetic, even from the playing group, can be annoyed all you want, do it behind closed doors

Last edited:
The victim mentality from St Kilda is making his decision look all the more better

Saints will walk hands turned up to the AFL asking for money, but kick and scream about "father sons"

Pathetic, even from the playing group, can be annoyed all you want, do it behind closed doors

More better :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t they poach Brad Hill from Freo, who just came 3rd in the Dockers B+F?

Remarkably hypocritical mindset from a club currently infected with a loser mentality.
What is hypocritical here?

the issue isn’t that he is leaving.

The issue is that he told coaches and players he was staying and they feel hard done by as he sent a text the next day saying he was leaving.

Just be honest and upfront

What is hypocritical here?

the issue isn’t that he is leaving.

The issue is that he told coaches and players he was staying and they feel hard done by as he sent a text the next day saying he was leaving.

Just be honest and upfront

I hear you. It’s not an easy decision though. I imagine every player who has joined the Saints from elsewhere has also gone back and forth with their decision.

He bled for you this year. Who cares if he changed his mind. His year deserves to be lauded just as much as others.

I hear you. It’s not an easy decision though. I imagine every player who has joined the Saints from elsewhere has also gone back and forth with their decision.

He bled for you this year. Who cares if he changed his mind. His year deserves to be lauded just as much as others.
Barrass had no issue going to west coasts BnF.

I’m sure he never misled his team mates however.

And he wasn’t uninvited.

I definitely understand the club's frustration around this - Josh publicly said that he loves the Saints and wanted to stay and told his teammates as such, and up until about a month ago from all reports Josh's decision was only about the money to set him and his family up for the future. It seemed that if it was based on any factor other than money, he would be staying. However, once the Saints raised their offer, it suddenly became not about the money but rather the chance to play for his boyhood club and to chase (more likely) success.

It's been badly managed by both the club and Josh, but **** me I think it was ridiculous behaviour to not invite him to / acknowledge him at the BNF - throwing the toys out of the cot because a player is leaving is not a good reflection on the football club at all. Imagine what future draftees or potential trade targets take from that.

Also a note to Andrew Bassat - when you're about 5 days away from needing the AFL's help to gift the club pick 8 instead of pick 21, maybe don't go on a public rampage about how the draft system is unfair? Just an idea

- Cal Twomey
Lol, this is literally the next sentence in that article

'But if it falls short, the pick will come in at the end of the first round.'

- Cal Twomey
Really worked hard to remove the next part of that quote

Lol, this is literally the next sentence in that article

'But if it falls short, the pick will come in at the end of the first round.'

Really worked hard to remove the next part of that quote
Yes, that was the important distinction.

Clearly if it’s not band 1 it’s band 2.

But hey focus on yesterday’s article - like it’s a foreshadowing. Because according to Ralph it wasn’t.

Piss poor from the Saints. Should have taken the opportunity to celebrate the 8 seasons of hard work he gave us and wish him the best instead of behaving like children
As shit as it was at the time glad we did it with Dunkley, Guys put their body on the line every week for the club deserve the recognition

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back