Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me wrong, I really dislike the timing of the Saints offers. If we had the cash as in our last offer, why didn't we just offer that from the outset?

But at the same time, if he was "mentally ready to go" then he shouldn't be telling his teammates and coaches that he's staying late in the season and engaging in extensive negotiations with the club. That's the crux of it - I think both parties have reasons to be annoyed at how the other has gone about it.

In any case, he'll do great at Hawthorn and I'll certainly be cheering for him when he plays
Fair enough mate all good I have nothing against you or St Kilda. Just feel bad for Battle

Pretty poor behaviour by the Saints.

Hopefully Battle is rip roaring for preseason. Might take a few months to wash the stink of loser off him. Hopefully will be Hawthorn material come round 1.

The mental gymnastics from some of the Saints supporters in here is hilarious.

Saints gave Josh his initial contract which resulted him in being a UFA (not in the top 25% of wages in the club).
Saints lowballed Josh and tried to shop him around to get that juicy band 1 compo - given how long it took for him to make a decision he could have been a Saint for life if they were prepared to pay. Hawthorn gets in his ear and sells him a vision.
Saints suddenly panic when they realise Hawthorn's contract isn't going to net band 1 compo and rescinds the lowball offer and tries to get him to stay with an improved contract.
Battle parts way with the Saints holding firm and signing on with Hawthorn.
Doesn't get invited to the B&F despite a podium finish and 8 years of service to the club.

And somehow Battle is the bad guy?

All i'm seeing in the discussion at the moment is that a lot of Hawks supporters are ready to dog their mates at the drop of a hat.
Or you know

Make sound financially viable decisions that will improve their lives and their families lives and not have their mates “guilt” them into staying

True mates would understand that, unlike the mates seemingly at St Kilda who only cared when it potentially profited them

Dork

I would drop my mates at the drop of a hat if they stunk it up for 149 years.

sounds like most Hawthorn bandwagoners I went to school with

"oh, you have a new team.... I didn't realise you were so soft"

sounds like most Hawthorn bandwagoners I went to school with

"oh, you have a new team.... I didn't realise you were so soft"
I went to school with a lot of Saints fans who have jumped ship, can you blame them?
Or does this not suit your bandwagoners rant?
I also know a lot of Saints fans who are dropping them the nano second the Tassie team comes in, then at least they may see a Premiership. 👍

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to school with a lot of Saints fans who have jumped ship, can you blame them?
I also know a lot of Saints fans who are dropping them the nano second the Tassie team comes in, then at least they may see a Premiership. 👍

soft

like a Hawks bandwagoner

"but I like the colours"

Was that 50 years ago?

lol, not miles kilometres off.

let's just say there were a lot more Hawks jumpers running around in the early nineties than the early eighties.

Ive met one Saints fan ever. Was my boss. I loved sticking it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back