Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

If your Hawthorn why would you increase your offer?

I think there's more to play out here, potentially a side trade that Hawthorn can take advantage of whilst enabling St Kilda to get their Band 1 Comp.

Example
Hawthorn trade Harry Morrison and Pick 30 to St Kilda for Pick 24

Hawthorn then up the offer to Battle to ensure Band 1 compensation.

This would also explain why Battle has not announced he wants to join Hawthorn.

I'm not saying this is what's happening but suggest something like this could be on the cards.

If your Hawthorn why would you increase your offer?

I think there's more to play out here, potentially a side trade that Hawthorn can take advantage of whilst enabling St Kilda to get their Band 1 Comp.

Example
Hawthorn trade Harry Morrison and Pick 30 to St Kilda for Pick 24

Hawthorn then up the offer to Battle to ensure Band 1 compensation.

This would also explain why Battle has not announced he wants to join Hawthorn.

I'm not saying this is what's happening but suggest something like this could be on the cards.

I think the only valid reason he hasnt announced it is cause hawthorn is still in the finals. People just read too much into things. Fact is he hasnt announced he staying when stkilda is out pretty much let the cat out of the bag he is leaving.

I think the only valid reason he hasnt announced it is cause hawthorn is still in the finals. People just read too much into things. Fact is he hasnt announced he staying when stkilda is out pretty much let the cat out of the bag he is leaving.
That's it really if St.Kilda's late season form hasn't convinced him to sign on by now..he's basically 99% of to Dingley.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could say "we won the battle"
Sarcastic Well Done GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Sicily is going to love life in 2025

Battle & Barrass

Allows us to release the ultimate utility in Weddle up the field to play as a true wing, or HFF, or relief ruck.

Also has the ability to switch forward if needed. Sam loves his players with versatility.

Battle kicking 2 goals against the Hawks earlier in the year certainly would have helped things.

Sounds like he rejected the Saints' 'higher offer', with no indication that Hawthorn changed their position.

As such, I'm tipping that this will be only a Band 2 compensation.
The contract at Hawthorn is borderline between band 1-2 but the afl just seems to do whatever they want when it comes to compensation I’m tipping it will be band 1

Fully expecting more AFL shenanigans with this like they did with McKay.

The whole AFL equalisation is a farce. Got more high draftees for crap picks in this ND.

Thank goodness we finished below the Saints so our pick 4 isn't affected.

Even if they manage band 1
Their big win over Carlton’s reserves on Saturday will have turned 5&6 into 7&8 !!
Not quite Clarkson handing Reid to the Eagles level but a solid effort from Ross nonetheless …
There calling it one of the most even top tens in draft history so dropping a couple spots won’t have the same impact as previous seasons the players from 2-10 could go anywhere will come down to specific club needs

Fully expecting more AFL shenanigans with this like they did with McKay.

The whole AFL equalisation is a farce. Got more high draftees for crap picks in this ND.

Thank goodness we finished below the Saints so our pick 4 isn't affected.
Nothing will ever come close to the Buddy compo shafting the Hawks were on the receiving end of.

The contract at Hawthorn is borderline between band 1-2 but the afl just seems to do whatever they want when it comes to compensation I’m tipping it will be band 1

There was a massive 3 way bidding war to get Ben McKay into Band1 compo.

Hawthorn made a good strong move for Battle early and he agreed. About 835K over 6 years(5M). There has been zero leaking of them having upped their offer. End of Rd1 compo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back