Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

It has to be in the top 44 contracts on average salary for 2024.

Not 2025 and beyond.

By the time he joins the Hawks. He will have a band 1 contract.

Both clubs have offers of 850k infront of him as of June. It’s only going up if it hasn’t already.
I'm only going by that article. $850K was last year for band 1, $950K is this year.

I'm only going by that article. $850K was last year for band 1, $950K is this year.
850-900k is the touted band 1 threshold this year.

You would imagine 850k requires the contracted years overlay. Of which Battle will get a 6 year deal.

He will already be at that 850k mark aswell.

Do you see how it’s looking ever likely that this is Band 1.

You would imagine 850k requires the contracted years overlay. Of which Battle will get a 6 year deal.

He is saying it's $950K in that article but it looks like the Hawks are crazy as they are offering him $950K when the article he published from a few days ago said they were offering $5M for 6 years so looks like $6M for 6 years YIKES.

He ain't May lol.
He barely gets beaten in a 1 on 1. He wins his own ball.

He plays taller than he is. He can swing forward.

He will allow the hawks to move their exisiting players around the field.

Do you not understand how valuable all the above makes Battle to a club like the Hawks or staying at the saints?

The Hawks are just lucky we are desperate for high end mids and we have had a shit year so band 1 means a top 6 pick at worse

Do you not understand how valuable all the above makes Battle to a club like the Hawks or staying at the saints?

The Hawks are just lucky we are desperate for high end mids and we have had a shit year so band 1 means a top 6 pick at worse
Like I said, he ain't May.

Like I said, he ain't May.
That's not really the point though. He's the best available key defender so Hawthorn and St Kilda are both willing to overpay because they know that there isn't really anyone else on the market.

No one leaving a club gives a crap about making sure they get well compensated.

They only care if it stops the club preventing their departure, but that's not relevant in this case.

He wants his best possible deal, and you'll get what you deserve.

Rankine said he would not leave GC unless the GC were properly compensated.

Rankines words out of his own mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://archive.today/jgZCs

Jon Ralph on why Hawthorn paying Josh Battle five million bucks over six years makes sense. See link above for article.
Well, I'd imagine you have cap space and front load the hell out of it. B McKay style.

You get a player for no draft capital, Saints get band 1. Both clubs are happy.

Well, our pick is currently after yours so why wouldn't we care and why wouldn't the supporters from other clubs after our pick care???? I mean, if it was May then I can't even care as he is worth a band 1 compensation.

Unfortunately the compensation isn't tied to what you think a player is worth, it's based on where we finish. If Adelaide are concerned about their pick getting diluted, then don't finish above us on the ladder.

No one has issue really with McKay because he was probably worth a super high pick, but if North had finished minor premiers and only got pick 19 for him, no one would considered that fair. But that's how it works. See also Lance Franklin compo when he left.

the luck is not you desperate for high picks, is you didn't pay battle enough for him to be restricted. the saints have to accept whatever the afl give them as compo as they don't have an option to match.

Well, our pick is currently after yours so why wouldn't we care and why wouldn't the supporters from other clubs after our pick care???? I mean, if it was May then I can't even care as he is worth a band 1 compensation.

To much time on your hands coming from someone with to much time on his hands.

It has to be in the top 44 contracts on average salary for 2024.

Not 2025 and beyond.

Yeah, I'm going to need a source for that.

Seems INCREDIBLY unlikely that the league would measure a future contract against past contracts when trying to work out what a player's value is.

I mean, they've done a LOT of dumb things, but common sense says his 2025 contract would get measured against all signed 2025 contracts when calculating a band.

No.

McKay was a dodgy done by the AFL to get a stealth priority pick to a side that was so bad they were ruining the balance of the fixture.

St Kilda are just a run of the mill team with a middling player leaving via free agency.

There's no way they're greasing the wheel so that a good honest battler gets you a top five compo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back