Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like him at Collingwood but for 900K per year Collingwood (or any other club) shouldn't be going near that with a ten-foot pole. Surely St Kilda posters are dreaming if they think a club would offer that just so it triggers band 1 for them.

I'd like him at Collingwood but for 900K per year the club shouldn't be going near that with a ten foot pole. Surely St Kilda posters are dreaming if they think a club would offer that just so it triggers band 1.
🤦‍♂️

The last reported offer was 850/6 from the saints.

He isn’t leaving for less or the same money.

Whatever Hawthorn offer to get him there is that clubs business. It just won’t be for less or the same as the above offer.

Clubs pay over to land players

I'd like him at Collingwood but for 900K per year Collingwood (or any other club) shouldn't be going near that with a ten-foot pole. Surely St Kilda posters are dreaming if they think a club would offer that just so it triggers band 1 for them.
We have cap to pay, but i wouldn't be wasting it on a spud like Battle

although its possible a player may go to another club for the same money,do you think the hawks are going to piss around over what could be 25-50k a year to clinch a player they really want?

"oh josh we want you,but we are just going to try to stay 25k under the band 1 trigger,which happens to be 25k more than what they offered for you to stay"

seems unlikely,pony up,hawks happy saints happy josh happy reputation intact

Got banned for taking this thread another way
But my god

We are not paying battle 950+ it’s fact
You can claim “he wants to make sure st Kilda is looked after”
If cared he wouldn’t have been at Waverley mid week meeting with Mitchell

Got banned for taking this thread another way
But my god

We are not paying battle 950+ it’s fact
You can claim “he wants to make sure st Kilda is looked after”
If cared he wouldn’t have been at Waverley mid week meeting with Mitchell
You are claiming he wants Hawthorn to be looked after by taking a insane paycut......

Id suggest he probably just wants the most money he can get and not to do Hawthorn a favour. Id also suggest if St Kilda aint getting band 1, they are offering him 1.2 mill thesmevles and keepuing him

He just isnt giving up 2 mill to look after Hawthorn...

🤦‍♂️

Whatever Hawthorn offer to get him there is that clubs business. It just won’t be for less or the same as the above offer.

Surely Collingwood are out of the race with how Wright structures the salary cap. I can't see how we pay Battle more than JDG. Good luck to the Saints and Hawthorn offering that much.

Surely Collingwood are out of the race with how Wright structures the salary cap. I can't see how we pay Battle more than JDG. Good luck to the Saints and Hawthorn offering that much.
It’s been reported it’s a 2 club race.

North and Melbourne and the PIES are out of it.

He is either staying or going to the Hawks.

So you won’t need to worry

You are claiming he wants Hawthorn to be looked after by taking a insane paycut......

Id suggest he probably just wants the most money he can get and not to do Hawthorn a favour. Id also suggest if St Kilda aint getting band 1, they are offering him 1.2 mill thesmevles and keepuing him

He just isnt giving up 2 mill to look after Hawthorn...
Fancy people thinking a 26 year old will take less on what is arguably his last major deal.

Fancy Saints fans thinking that clubs need to offer more to leave St Kilda

We are not paying Battle 950+

You can take it as
Fact
So every football pundit is literally saying Battle is a band 1 watch and your adamant he is going to join the hawthorn juggernaut for much less then on offer at the saints?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤦‍♂️

So $855K for 6 years, that isn't band 1 ;)

So putting the “star” back on the 5 game 2024 MSD draft pick would suggest he is being freed up to run off the rookie, but 6 kicks 4 handpasses suggests otherwise.
it suggests he won his position,as he does most weeks,there is only one oscar allen at the eagles & he was howards job,your judging battle because the eagles are short handed?can only beat whats in front of you and thats what he did,nwm and bonner did all the running out of defence that was needed today,one of them can even kick it well,stocker when on the ground and wilkie chipped in as well

tick it off,good game Josh,opposition meant not needing to utilise any other strings to his bow,except keeping quiet the 3rd tall forward,our best defender had 3 kicked on him and allen kicked 2 in a score of 41,i dont think the evidence shows this is the game to go running to the hawks with concerns about,but whatever,if they are silly enough to listen

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back