Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

troll on yoda,hows shiel going?give essendon a pick in the teens for him is a great deal,lol,now you will spend the next 6 weeks to 2 months refusing to get your head around this battle business,as you couldnt see past saints give up pick 13 or 14 for a 31yo crock and his bloated salary

some whispers we might be silly this year again,but dont try to convince grownups & keep at it,probably a few dumbasses on every teams board,but shiel for pick 14 and trying non stop for weeks to convince grown men thats a great deal,geez,lets see if you can let this battle thing go

saints hawks battle,you concentrate on avoiding the embaressment of your team not making finals with that soft fixture-jog on

ps wouldnt even know how to tag,so never entered my mind

Imagine being the Saints though, even with Ross the Boss, no one wants to be involved with ‘Saints Footy’

It could, if he wins a flag - which Hawthorn average every 4 years since 1971. Amazingly the Saints led that Grand Final by 3 goals at 3/4 time in the wet. Real sliding doors moment…
So an off chance without explanation as to how a premiership ensures he doesn't miss out on hundreds of thousands of dollars. I mean sure. Makes complete sense when you exclude any reasoning.

Imagine being the Saints though, even with Ross the Boss, no one wants to be involved with ‘Saints Footy’
saints footy is many things,right now its boring crap and trying to win games without putting an emphasis on scoring,leaving us vulnerible to defeat every week,even when we have been the better team,aside from when we get a clearly undermanned team as we just did

thats a cross im willing to bare,in 3-4 years when we let max king go for a future f2rdp,is another cross im willing to bare

but what i could never bare is the scenario re shiel last season,if it raises its head again this season,he comes free of charge to help fill our salary cap,if saints footy is targeting a guy like that to actually attempt to contend,then saints footy cant be helped

having some goose come to an opposition board and harp on for weeks what a great deal it would be,was mildly annoying to say the least & obviously memorable

Liam Henry picked us over you just last year. Looks like a good get too.
The story I heard was that once Bell started talking about top 10 picks we cooled on him, as we wanted to give up far less.

Last edited:
You are claiming he wants Hawthorn to be looked after by taking a insane paycut......

Id suggest he probably just wants the most money he can get and not to do Hawthorn a favour. Id also suggest if St Kilda aint getting band 1, they are offering him 1.2 mill thesmevles and keepuing him

He just isnt giving up 2 mill to look after Hawthorn...
I'm struggling to see where you're getting this "pay cut and 2 million dollars" from?
It seems you are just throwing out random numbers.

Its reported that the Saints offer is $850 a year for 6 years and the Hawks have apparently offered slightly more for same years! How is that a pay cut?

Do those extra crowd members ensure he has financial security after his football career ends?
No, but ensures that more people actually care about how he plays, and from a percentage perspective, a better chance to achieve success

Simple Raw numbers prove this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with the pissing contest

Hawks will get Battle
Saints will get Band 1

Both are locks, and both clubs will be happy with the result
Crows fans feel hard done by, don't know why but hey they support Adelaide. Enough said.

Surely by this time of year he would be signed with the saints if he wasnt going to leave.....unless he is just using hawks to get more out of the saints
He has just had another kid, I don't think he has time to think about if he wants to stay at the Hawks or Saints. When he has time, he will make a decision.

Got to love Hawk supporters. In one breathe, he not worth a whole heap and then in another, he is a versatile walk up best 22 player. If I were Battle and believed that my supporter based said that about me, I wouldn't go anywhere near them but it's a business and you go where the money is.

Got to love Hawk supporters. In one breathe, he not worth a whole heap and then in another, he is a versatile walk up best 22 player. If I were Battle and believed that my supporter based said that about me, I wouldn't go anywhere near them but it's a business and you go where the money is.
I haven’t read the entire thread but that would be odd. He’s a very good player, versatile can mark great kick can defend not slow would suit our game plan and costs no draft capital. I’m fine with the high numbers reported we can front end and reduce his ongoing cost to half in 2 years. I’m also fine with the nonsense compo system getting you a good pick even if we keep ours as it’s a deep draft. Feels like a win win if he goes and good for you if he stays although I think 2 early picks will help you more long term.

mate if our players read our thread they would all be gone,i think same goes for every club re this site

richo summed it up perfectly when asked if he read from sites like this,he said he did at first,but you soon learn not to bother

He has just had another kid, I don't think he has time to think about if he wants to stay at the Hawks or Saints. When he has time, he will make a decision.
Very important part of the discussion that's a bigger factor than the nonsense ideas of the lure of chasing a premiership or playing for your childhood club. Setting your financial future AND your kids future is paramount. If you can squeeze an extra couple of hundred grand, you've just got yourself a house deposit for your kids. That's something their peers are going to struggle with in 20 years time.

Very important part of the discussion that's a bigger factor than the nonsense ideas of the lure of chasing a premiership or playing for your childhood club. Setting your financial future AND your kids future is paramount. If you can squeeze an extra couple of hundred grand, you've just got yourself a house deposit for your kids. That's something their peers are going to struggle with in 20 years time.
20 years?

Yep and the business is about winning Premierships and you go where that can happen.

Yep and the business is about winning Premierships and you go where that can happen.
Do you think you have a team that can win a premiership against North? Given the trajectory that North are going to have in the next 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back