Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugene was great for the NMFC and I wish he was still a part of our club. In the end he wanted Donald out and Donald threatened that we would not get Luke. That is 100% correct. And in the end one had to go, in an ideal world we would have lost Donald, kept Arocca, and got Luke... Unfortunately this will never happen
So what happens when we get Luke?

Does Donald stay at the Roos for Luke's entire career?? Or do we p*** him off as soon as Luke gets drafted.

Does Donald stay at the Roos for Luke's entire career?? Or do we p*** him off as soon as Luke gets drafted.
Hopefuly piss him off seems like one of those blokes who you never hear a good thng about and lets face it from outside point of view he seems like he is pretty shit at his job.

th_GuillotineBladeDrops.gif

Interesting listening to Cam Vale say that we are very active - just nothing is publicly disclosed - frustrating for us members however shows that nothing is being leaked out anywhere which is a good sign. I still think we are very much in the ball park for caddy regardless of whats been posted recently. Not one quote from anyone.

Interesting listening to Cam Vale say that we are very active - just nothing is publicly disclosed - frustrating for us members however shows that nothing is being leaked out anywhere which is a good sign. I still think we are very much in the ball park for caddy regardless of whats been posted recently. Not one quote from anyone.
I STILL WANT TO GET ANGRY AND BREAK SHIT IT ISNT HELPING MY FREAKING BLOOD PRESSURE

That's the way business should be done. Quietly and swiftly.
Just because they aren't doing a melbourne and telling the world everything, doesn't mean they aren't active.

The I stay or Luke goes thing is handy smokescreen for some deeper issues I reckon.

Has Caddy officially signed?

If this board's anything to go by, he's surfing at 13th Beach with Lingy, wearing G-Town footy shorts whilst admiring his newly acquired beach house on the hill.

The I stay or Luke goes thing is handy smokescreen for some deeper issues I reckon.

No he hasn't.

I'm getting the feeling that McIntosh nominating geelong so openly and early has really screwed us over, it's given Geelong ridiculous amounts of leverage in their trade negotiations.

I'm getting the feeling that McIntosh nominating geelong so openly and early has really screwed us over, it's given Geelong ridiculous amounts of leverage in their trade negotiations.

Disagree. That's only the case if we lack testicles. H is contracted. Sure, we can try and get him to Geelong, but if that can't be done, we can try elsewhere. If that can't be done, we hold onto him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. That's only the case if we lack testicles. H is contracted. Sure, we can try and get him to Geelong, but if that can't be done, we can try elsewhere. If that can't be done, we hold onto him.
Geelong also know we're the kind of club that will try and get our personnel where they want to go, and theyll TRY to hold it over us. Whether we will follow the usual path or not remains to be seen.

So DMac held the club to ransom and nobody but Euge had the balls to call him out?

I find that rather difficult to believe.

Believe what you want.

Eugene was sick of Donald, wanted him out... Had wanted Donald out for a while in fact. Donald then proceeded to use Luke as leverage. Came to one or the other, Euge saw the writing on the wall and resigned before he was let go. Why else would McDonald be kept ahead of Arocca, Eugene did a lot more for the club in the years he was there, then Donald has. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact he is the father of our most promising father-son since Jesse W, would it.

No he hasn't.

Not quite.

If what I've heard is correct, Collingwood entering the fray for McIntosh and GC's interest in Hansen has changed a few things.

Collingwood expect to trade Dawes for 20 which will then be offered for Hamish. It gazumps any deal Geelong have on the table.

This is a massive game of Chess.

Believe what you want.

Eugene was sick of Donald, wanted him out... Had wanted Donald out for a while in fact. Donald then proceeded to use Luke as leverage. Came to one or the other, Euge saw the writing on the wall and resigned before he was let go. Why else would McDonald be kept ahead of Arocca, Eugene did a lot more for the club in the years he was there, then Donald has. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact he is the father of our most promising father-son since Jesse W, would it.
And we all know how well that worked out.

Why is it a priority that Donald is still at the club for us to be able to draft Luke anyway? Surely the same father / son trade rules apply if he works there or not.

Not quite.

If what I've heard is correct, Collingwood entering the fray for McIntosh and GC's interest in Hansen has changed a few things.

Collingwood expect to trade Dawes for 20 which will then be offered for Hamish. It gazumps any deal Geelong have on the table.

And like chess, only a few people can see more than a few moves ahead (the clubs) so some of the bitching out of certain personnel is pretty ridiculous at this stage.

Only a handful of people know whats going on behind closed doors.

We give absolutely nothing to the media and 99% of people on here are over the moon at that, however that comes with the side effect that often the members are left in the dark a bit, we can't have it both ways.

IF we did express our interests for a particular player rather than doing what we are now and keeping things in house it has the possibility of damaging our bargaining power.

Not quite.

Except for the fact that Hamish wants to go to Geelong (and in a way I feel like we should help him where possible) - I would love to see this happen simply to **** Geelong up.

They can take Caddy and shove him up their collective arses along with their pick 36.

And we all know how well that worked out.

Why is it a priority that Donald is still at the club for us to be able to draft Luke anyway? Surely the same father / son trade rules apply if he works there or not.

Except the son has to say they are happy to be drafted F/S - so the theory goes that if North throws out the Chief, the family turns against the whole idea.

Again I'll say - it suits some people to talk as though North's trading is Donald sitting at a desk waiting for people to bring him offers, which he leafs through over a cup of tea. Our club has a professional team working on this, DMac is just one part of it.

DMac is just one part of it.

Me: Tell me you are not going to give up a first round pick for Jon Hay?

Donald: Nah mate he is worth two of them

And I have witnesses. The man is an idiot and he is running the asylum.

Except for the fact that Hamish wants to go to Geelong (and in a way I feel like we should help him where possible) - I would love to see this happen simply to **** Geelong up.

They can take Caddy and shove him up their collective arses along with their pick 36.

I'm pretty sure Hamish could be convinced to go to Collingwood, especially if we get looked after better. We have right of refusal to trade him.

The rumours are getting stronger of a Hansen for Zac Clarke straight swap so this would have no bearing on Caddy.

Me: Tell me you are not going to give up a first round pick for Jon Hay?

Donald: Nah mate he is worth two of them

And I have witnesses. The man is an idiot and he is running the asylum.

I know the 2005 trading period was a debacle for us. As an aside, we traded pick 18 for Hay - same week that St Kilda traded 17 for Fergus Watts and Collingwood paid 23 (at the time considered a bargain) for Richard Cole. It's a risk business.

That was seven years ago. He does not have control of the whole thing and there's been lots of great choices made in North's footy department since then, whether by, with or despite him, so we need to let it go some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back