Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Hamish could be convinced to go to Collingwood, especially if we get looked after better. We have right of refusal to trade him.

The rumours are getting stronger of a Hansen for Zac Clarke straight swap so this would have no bearing on Caddy.

Char-Siu-Sauce.jpg
?????

???

We would be getting destroyed in that trade
Really? A 22 year old 203cm forward / ruckman with Daw / Natanui like athletic abilities and AFL experience who would potentially take the 3rd best back after Drew and Robbie?

A player who would fit with Brad's game plan from the start of this year of 3 tall forwards with one pinch hitting in the ruck (without having to use Drew)?

A perfect more mobile replacement for HMac with more athletic ability?

Yep we would be destroyed in that trade...

If freo are offering Clarke for Hansen we would want something on top. I like Clarke tho and it would mean the Angus Graham rumour stays just that......

Really? A 22 year old 203cm forward / ruckman with Daw / Natanui like athletic abilities and AFL experience who would potentially take the 3rd best back after Drew and Robbie?

A player who would fit with Brad's game plan from the start of this year of 3 tall forwards with one pinch hitting in the ruck (without having to use Drew)?

A perfect more mobile replacement for HMac with more athletic ability?

Yep we would be destroyed in that trade...

I would take him, but at the expense of Hansen?? we should be after a mature body who can compete in the ruck and come at a small price, not to downgrade a player to fill a need for a worst-case scenario. If this trade happens, we'll only see Clarke play at most 20% ruck in the centre each game, and is that worth seeing Hansen go? You don't downgrade a 24 year old KPF who we should be relying on to #1 when Petrie goes down just to fit our structure better, it's absurd!!

Clarke didn't play #1 ruck once this year, and Fremantle didn't even trust him enough to give him the gig when Sandilands went down. He only topped 10 hitouts in a third of their games, and had a season high of 13! We'd be better off putting Angus Graham in there if something happens to Goldy!
There is very little difference between Zac Clarke and Daw at the moment, the only difference is Clarke has exposed form and Daw doesn't..Not to mention I don't rate his disposal at all, also seems to lack a bit of confidence with his kicking at times

If freo are offering Clarke for Hansen we would want something on top. I like Clarke tho and it would mean the Angus Graham rumour stays just that......

It'd have to be something like Trading for Clarke and their first (15?) and then we could ontrade that pick and our 1st pick for Caddy and a mid 20's pick

so

In: Clarke, Caddy, Pick 20something
Out: Hansen, Pick 14

I would rather not though

I know the 2005 trading period was a debacle for us. As an aside, we traded pick 18 for Hay - same week that St Kilda traded 17 for Fergus Watts and Collingwood paid 23 (at the time considered a bargain) for Richard Cole. It's a risk business.

That was seven years ago. He does not have control of the whole thing and there's been lots of great choices made in North's footy department since then, whether by, with or despite him, so we need to let it go some time.

What have been our trade highlights since then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is the bloke that runs the HS trade blog? He's a North supporter so I'm not sure the impact on this statement but when asked, he rated Caddy at 70% to be at North this year.

FWIW.

How often do you see a recruiter nail every draft pick they have in a draft? doesnt happen very often no doubt it is great if we did but it still sets us back another couple of years while we wait for those 4 kids to develop.

Google Stephen Wells :thumbsu:

I would take him, but at the expense of Hansen?? we should be after a mature body who can compete in the ruck and come at a small price, not to downgrade a player to fill a need for a worst-case scenario. If this trade happens, we'll only see Clarke play at most 20% ruck in the centre each game, and is that worth seeing Hansen go? You don't downgrade a 24 year old KPF who we should be relying on to #1 when Petrie goes down just to fit our structure better, it's absurd!!

Clarke didn't play #1 ruck once this year, and Fremantle didn't even trust him enough to give him the gig when Sandilands went down. He only topped 10 hitouts in a third of their games, and had a season high of 13! We'd be better off putting Angus Graham in there if something happens to Goldy!
There is very little difference between Zac Clarke and Daw at the moment, the only difference is Clarke has exposed form and Daw doesn't..Not to mention I don't rate his disposal at all, also seems to lack a bit of confidence with his kicking at times

If he was to play, it would likely be one of the three key forward's positions and I don't see us booting out Petrie and Tarrant isn't shopping around so it basically solves the problem of second ruck in the side and replacing McIntosh if we do actually trade him out for a bag of peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back