Player Watch Josh Carmichael

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve liked our recent trend to only selecting players who are good kicks of the footy.

Seems so obvious that it should be prioritised but for a number of years we continued to select players who couldn’t kick 40m, couldn’t hit the side of a barn or kicked up and under floaters that took an eternity to reach the target.

Finally someone (Graeme Wright?) has seen the need to load up on great kickers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Now we just need Tay Tay (not the Swift variety), to teach him feral intensity & ferocious dog waiting to be unleashed modes.
But seriously, I like the look of him, plus he can kick a goal from outside 50.
Welcome, young fella!
From Fox Footy: Carmichael was then overlooked by five clubs — including Adelaide, which opted for experienced Glenelg midfielder Brett Turner — before Collingwood snared the 189cm on-baller at Pick 9 in what was the steal of the night. He booted eight goals and averaged 27.2 disposals, 5.2 clearances and 4.3 inside 50s from his past six SANFL games.

F*ckin hell Collingwood,
leave my wooden spoon collecting local footy club alone!
Westies struggle to win games when our best 18 are on the ground, let alone when we lose our best players half way through the season.
The mid season draft is a f*ckin disgrace!

Carmichael is a gun!, will give more value then Noble.
What’s wrong with the mid season draft? Everyone other league leaves player transfers open until June 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WE GOT MY BOY!!! I watched his Sanfl games and he was a standout. He outplayed Matt Crouch.

We have ourselves a star. Bookmark this.

He’s 22. Not long before you will turn on him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember reading somewhere recently the list imbalance we have where there is a lack of talent between 22-25.

Lipinski joined during the off-season, about to turn 24, and Carmichael looks like a really good get, is 22.

People don’t realise, but we’re balancing up this list. With abit off the top end to drop off (Pendles, Sidebottom, Roughead, Howe), we can’t just keep replacing with 18-19yos, so it’s good to see the club adding talent/quality that can have a more immediate impact.

Welcome Joshy, to the Pies. Looks a hard nut and an exciting prospect, who hopefully gets a taste of senior footy this year. Interesting to hear Dekka say that Carmichael averages 27/28 disposals against the Adelaide and Port Adelaide SANFL teams, so physically he is obviously ready.
I think Jai Newcombe played senior footy about 2 weeks after he got drafted by the Hawks. I wonder if Josh could do the same....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Carmichael

Remove this Banner Ad

Back