Josh Gibson Sanction for Late Night?

Remove this Banner Ad

RPNT

Rookie
Dec 17, 2008
Up North
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fresh from not indicating and having a non functioning tail-light near Waverly last week, Josh Gibson has gone out at night time and been seen in the company of a beautiful woman.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Here

DE-LIST HIM NOW! We don't take kindly to grown men going out at night, hooking up with famous and beautiful women, then going home without incident.

I'm led to believe Hawthorn's punishment will be severe high fiveing, followed a barrage of puns using Pussycat Dolls song titles.

Herald Scum - PLEASE STOP REPORTING THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE! Honestly, what poor Nancy Drew-ite had to shrivel up in the corner with an $8 bottle of water to take down these nuggets of journalistic gold?

Apparently the Hawks don't have a curfew. Why on earth is this news?

Did he miss training? No.
Did he kick a tiny defenceless taxi driver square in the Noots? No.
Did he wizz on a cop shop? No.
Did he insult our captain/everyone present on camera @ the Brownlow? No.

Not sure how this could possibly qualify as newsworthy less than 6 months after Andrew Lovett's night out...

Is any hawk fan seriously outraged that Josh Gibson stayed up late 8 DAYS BEFORE OUR NEXT GAME?

Look I don't want to hang the guy, but if he did nothing wrong, why call the club (unless he was just bragging about the hot babe!)?

I agree, its not a hanging offense but in this day and age (and its sad to say) clubs expect a little more out of there players.

I don't remember him having issues at North and this (too my knowledge) is the first such incident at the hawks. Give him a warning, maybe even go back to a form of punishment that Clarko used in his first year and send the whole club up the 1000 steps on their day off. That, of course, is assuming the behavior didn't break an agreed upon team rule! If it did, then a suspension is probably in order as team rules (on behavior) shouldn't be compromised!

What a bizarre article.

Why does this quote just show up randomly in the middle of the article with seemingly no connection to the rest of the story: "In 2007, Gibson suffered bleeding in the brain after falling in the shower"

Am I missing something?

I'm disapointed, the bloke has just played his 1st game for the club and is out on the piss until 6:30. Even if you dont have a curfew it's pretty obvious that that isn't acceptable behaviour.

In regards to the falling in the shower incident, if I recall correctly it was after a night out that he fell which is why they are bringing it up, it's the only other incident that's been reported of him out on the town in negative context.

refer to the gary ayres ayres thread, get hodgey to grab gibbo by the ears, put him in front of the playing group, create a single file, and follow up with each player giving gibbo a high five!

in all seriousness we don't want our players out to 5am, we have to be more careful with the perception in the media about how serious we take our football, especially given how important this year is for us, let alone this week.

What a bizarre article.

Why does this quote just show up randomly in the middle of the article with seemingly no connection to the rest of the story: "In 2007, Gibson suffered bleeding in the brain after falling in the shower"

Am I missing something?

Hahaha! Was hoping someone else had picked up on this, shows they're really struggling to fill up a pointless article

Am I missing something?

Yep.

Do you honestly think Josh fell in the shower that time?

Good footballer, good trade where both sides seem happy (we certainly are).

Reckon we haven't heard the last of Josh.

Herald Scum - PLEASE STOP REPORTING THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE! Honestly, what poor Nancy Drew-ite had to shrivel up in the corner with an $8 bottle of water to take down these nuggets of journalistic gold?

Apparently the Hawks don't have a curfew. Why on earth is this news?

Did he miss training? No.

Did he kick a tiny defenceless taxi driver square in the Noots? No.
Did he wizz on a cop shop? No.
Did he insult our captain/everyone present on camera @ the Brownlow? No.

Not sure how this could possibly qualify as newsworthy less than 6 months after Andrew Lovett's night out...

Is any hawk fan seriously outraged that Josh Gibson stayed up late 8 DAYS BEFORE OUR NEXT GAME?
Great Post 1 agree 100% Nothing to see here he even contacted the club early Monday to inform them of his night out

Re his unlicensed driving the Jorno following him around for hours to get the footage Stalking any-one???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The HS will not let up on this big scoop story.

This desparate for a sensational story rag is just about to report that the players leadership group at Waverley have all put in money out of their own pockets to send Gibbo to Shanghai, China, so as he can get a fair trial.

I keep awake each night waiting for news releases by the HS. It is so enlightening. What would we do with out it?

What's to bet that Damien Barrett is driving all of this anti-Josh Gibson sentiment at the Herald Sun? First there was the races last year, then the paparazzi stalking him in his car, then this LITTLE story.

Admittedly I think Josh should probably have done something similar to his hawk teammates who were there and kept a low-profile, but I don't think he's done too much wrong here. Maybe just a word of warning from the coach will do it.

What's to bet that Damien Barrett is driving all of this anti-Josh Gibson sentiment at the Herald Sun? First there was the races last year, then the paparazzi stalking him in his car, then this LITTLE story.

Admittedly I think Josh should probably have done something similar to his hawk teammates who were there and kept a low-profile, but I don't think he's done too much wrong here. Maybe just a word of warning from the coach will do it.

Perhaps Damian Barrett is just another racist North Melbourne supporting journalist?? What do you reckon, SLF? :eek:

I am pretty sure it would have been Barrett (at the Herald Sun anyway) as he is no longer working there!

Yep.

Good footballer, good trade where both sides seem happy (we certainly are).

Reckon we haven't heard the last of Josh.

Nothing wrong with the story. The journalist makes this disclaimer in his byline "I am a scummy, bitter North Melbourne supporter"

That makes everything in the article perfectly acceptable.

The only problem I have with Josh is his questionable taste in music ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Gibson Sanction for Late Night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back