Josh Gibson Sanction for Late Night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be just me but I'm not warming to this guy yet. Seems like a bit of a twat to me. Way too pleased with himself (even before the other night!).

A blinder v Geelong might help.....

Might be just me but I'm not warming to this guy yet. Seems like a bit of a twat to me. Way too pleased with himself (even before the other night!).

people say the same about Buddy.

I've spoken to Buddy 1 on 1 several times and he is a polite young fella.

Whats he done to 'seem like a bit of a twat to you'?

'way too pleased with himself' ffs isnt the bloke allowed to be happy

email the club and tell him to stop smiling ,as it upsets you. im sure they can arrange it for you

That's odd because he speaks so well about you.

He obviously knows as much about you as you know about him ...

lol... And we all think his fantastic 'night' out was finishing at 5am... I recon it was just about to start.... lucky bugger... go hard son and a scream "Carn the hawks" when you b...................

hawk for 37.....you obviously weren't at the melbourne game. Josh had a great game..... to me, watching the ball coming into our fifty... I didn't close my eyes like I did last year...he's a very confident player....good on him.
So what If he went out...he didn't stumble around the streets or get into trouble, after all, a lot of people in town were celebrating the grand prix. In my mind he's bought a bit of stability to our back line.... go Josh :thumbsu:

hawk for 37.....you obviously weren't at the melbourne game. Josh had a great game..... to me, watching the ball coming into our fifty... I didn't close my eyes like I did last year...he's a very confident player....good on him.
So what If he went out...he didn't stumble around the streets or get into trouble, after all, a lot of people in town were celebrating the grand prix. In my mind he's bought a bit of stability to our back line.... go Josh :thumbsu:

ha...I was the same...love his confidence....think he will be great for us this year....

Hope they make him pay for the glass he broke.

Edit: On subject however how pathetic is the Gibson thread on the North board? Was embarrassed to read that honestly, I mean did they even make this big of a fuss when Carey left?

If I was playing AFL footy and canoodling with pussy cat dolls in my spare time I would be pretty pleased with myself!

Gibson played a great game last week. This week is obviously a bigger test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Gibbo came and spoke to us on Monday and said that he'd done the wrong thing," he said. (Hodge)

This probably would never have come to light if he hadn't, Honesty is perhaps one of the more important values at the HFC. It shows he regrets what he's done.

He seems like quite a nice bloke actually.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...urn-against-cats/story-e6frf9jf-1225848158542

Hodge, a member of the Hawks leadership group, said the issue of defender Josh Gibson being out until the early hours of Monday morning had be resolved and there was no suggestion he would be suspended.

"Gibbo came and spoke to us on Monday and said he did the wrong thing. We handled it internally and pretty much since Monday we've focused on Geelong,’’ Hodge said.

"We put it to the board, they backed our decision and we move on from there.’’

Personally, I completely fail to see how it's an issue. He had a bit of fun, didn't hurt anyone and got some tail. Good on him!

Even though it was the wee early hours and the game was long over his concentration didn't waver: he only had thoughts for the ball. (That should really be plural... My apologies Josh.)

Even though it was the wee early hours and the game was long over his concentration didn't waver: he only had thoughts for the ball. (That should really be plural... My apologies Josh.)

hehehe - nice - could continue and say he that he really scored heavily

Yep.

Do you honestly think Josh fell in the shower that time?

Good footballer, good trade where both sides seem happy (we certainly are).

Reckon we haven't heard the last of Josh.

Aren't you the knob that posted melbourne would beat us:eek:

You have no footy cred:thumbsu:

Watched a bit of a game on fox, scoreboard read Geel 5.0 v Kan. 7.2:confused:

Even when you were good noone liked ya:D

NOw that the herald sun have got it wrong again. Officially. Let me disclose the truth about Funky Gibsons grand prix weekend.

After being in the middle of a good old fashioned chorus of the hawk victory theme
Josh"Funky"Gibbon started into his warm down.
Clarko came over to commend is outstanding debut.
"Top draw Funky. Next job f*ck those pussycats"
Apparently since hitting his head in the shower Josh has had hearing issues and also a side effect of drinking 16 powerades before a game is a lessened attention span.

So rather than ask Clarko what he had said again exactly and risk becoming a victim of the short man syndrome, the boy went hell for leather to bag up a famous hottie at the Grand prix.

The details of what occured between 5am and 10.30am is in funkies entry in the Penthouse letter column.

As I hear it he has been warned. WARNED that he is the first man to be BOG the weekend before the game. Talk in Geelong is that even though he totally showed up Gazza and his pig ugly new missus the whole footy club plans to shake his hand before and after the game. Bomber is considering a guard of honour while HFC chair him off.

He has been rumoured to have been nominated as captain in the wag team of the century.

Josh we salute you.

And clearly from her twitter u saluted as well.

It sounds like we have a curfew that Josh Gibson breached. It's not a huge deal and that's why he's playing on monday. But if he broke a rule then yes the club has every right to be unhappy with him.

As for people challenging the club rules themselves. Look at it this way: With all the reports we keep hearing about players misbehaving, how many have been Hawthorn players? This is the first club indigestion since Luke Hodge had a big 21st birthday back in 2005.

We have a great culture at Hawthorn and our handling of this situation is a good example of that.

It sounds like we have a curfew that Josh Gibson breached. It's not a huge deal and that's why he's playing on monday. But if he broke a rule then yes the club has every right to be unhappy with him.

This is the point you are missing: there is no curfew.
The Hawks have no such restrictions.

If not for the story in the Hun, there is nothing to discuss

AshleyRobertsFashionRocks5Sep2008.jpg

Hope the leadership group come together to work out a worthy prize from such a top pick up, gibbo should be rewarded for his efforts both on saturday and sunday
have a look at that as if ya wouldnt tap it gezz

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Gibson Sanction for Late Night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back