Speculation Josh Rachele [RFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, they literally didn't. They omitted him from the team and nothing more.
Omitted him following a public dressing down by one of the club's elder statesmen, followed up by a post by their head of football providing veiled criticisms of Rachele's supposed lack of "team-first" commitment.

Not sure how many 21-year-olds you know who would respond constructively to that kind of feedback from their supposed allies in public more than some stern words in private.

Myself, I can't think of too many.

Some trivial banter and gestures have been blown way out of proportion and that's not Rachele's fault.

Omitted him following a public dressing down by one of the club's elder statesmen, followed up by a post by their head of football providing veiled criticisms of Rachele's supposed lack of "team-first" commitment.

Not sure how many 21-year-olds you know who would respond constructively to that kind of feedback from their supposed allies in public more than some stern words in private.

Myself, I can't think of too many.

Some trivial banter and gestures have been blown way out of proportion and that's not Rachele's fault.

It’s a mess, but they have not booted him out of the club.

That is clearly a stretch.

In what way does this differ to Jack Ginnivan?

Hmm…

Ginnivan had multiple off field incidents, has Rachele?

Ginnivan played a touch over half of the 2023 season at senior level. Rachele has missed 1 game in 2024.

Ginnivan (from memory) had 1 year remaining on his contract. Rachele has 5 years left on his.

That’s off the top of my head. They’re very different situations.

Hmm…

Ginnivan had multiple off field incidents, has Rachele?

Ginnivan played a touch over half of the 2023 season at senior level. Rachele has missed 1 game in 2024.

Ginnivan (from memory) had 1 year remaining on his contract. Rachele has 5 years left on his.

That’s off the top of my head. They’re very different situations.
Racheles contract is 100% irrelevant. They dont want him and he doesnt want to stay. Contracts just not that important here.

All of that pales into comparison of getting booted out of the dressing room by the players like Rachele has. Id liken this to the situation Raheem Sterling has with Chelsea. Once you get kicked out, you dont come back. You simply search for your next club

This is what Josh Rachele is doing tonight

Racheles contract is 100% irrelevant. They dont want him and he doesnt want to stay.

You don’t know that either of these statements are true, nor do you know he has been “booted out of the dressing room”.

If you’re wanting a genuine discussion on this, not pretending otherwise would be a good starting point.

He is the best small forward under age 22 in the AFL statistically this year. He is on contract till 2029. I imagine IF he asks for a trade and there is nothing as yet to indicate he will, but if he does, then I imagine its a top 10 pick in this draft that would get it done. But even better would be monday morning the club has a presser to say Nicks has been stood down as senior coach and the line coaches are following him out the door. Clean slate under an entirely new coaching panel next year. After all, Nicks has now been there 5 years and the rebuild under him just yielded 4th bottom..year 5. But if anyone wants Laird, we will happily send him across for a late 2nd

You don’t know that either of these statements are true, nor do you know he has been “booted out of the dressing room”.

If you’re wanting a genuine discussion on this, not pretending otherwise would be a good starting point.
You are pretending otherwise . Are you not saying actions have a different meaning from what they physically are

If a group of players demand someone get dropped, what do you want to call it if it isn’t getting kicked out of the locker room ?

You are pretending otherwise . Are you not saying actions have a different meaning from what they physically are

No.

I’m saying you don’t know that any of those statements are true, and you should stop pretending otherwise.

If a group of players demand someone get dropped, what do you want to call it if it isn’t getting kicked out of the locker room ?

Have a group of players demanded he was dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Racheles contract is 100% irrelevant. They dont want him and he doesnt want to stay. Contracts just not that important here.

All of that pales into comparison of getting booted out of the dressing room by the players like Rachele has. Id liken this to the situation Raheem Sterling has with Chelsea. Once you get kicked out, you dont come back. You simply search for your next club

This is what Josh Rachele is doing tonight

Have a missed the bit where rachele and sterling are on the same salary?

Out of favour, not playing his preferred position, late 2nd if the Crow talk about Luko is even close to the money 😉
Depend whether Rachele's contract has been backend at $1M per season and has been in the AFL system for 6 years and I say Rachele has been more impressive in the first 3 years than Lukosius. ;)

Depend whether Rachele's contract has been backend at $1M per season and has been in the AFL system for 6 years and I say Rachele has been more impressive in the first 3 years than Lukosius. ;)
Nothing compared to the fact Racheles teammates refusing to play with him…

Rachele is the much more damaged asset of the two. A lot easier to win back 1 coaches trust then it is 43 teammates

Why is it that every time a player gets dropped people assume they’ll be traded... sometimes a player needs to be dropped to go away and work on parts of their game or if they haven’t been following the standards required of them. The player either takes the feedback on board and becomes a better player or they take it badly and leave.. one of which shows the player has real ticker and desire to be the best and the other shows that you wouldn’t be losing much should they leave.

Rachele is a fine young player tracking along nicely. His game isn’t perfect and I don’t understand the criticism of him being dropped. I don’t think it was about the things he said, more the repeat cases of trying the flashy stuff rather than putting his body on the line. When he stuck out his hands to grab the ball and do a spin rather than take the contact from the Port kid it wasn’t a good look. That’s probably the reason he was dropped.

Rachele, Soligo and Nankervis. A Great bunch of boys genuinely.

All three are NO chance to finish their career in Adelaide. Categorically NO CHANCE any of them stays their entire career at Adelaide. They’ll all move at some point, not together but once one moves it’ll be the domino effect with the other two out of there within one year/two.

All three can’t stand Nicks. That’s well known to those who know, would’ve been mentioned by Adelaide fans and if it hasn’t well you know now, p.s Nicks is a moron and the stuff I’ve heard … wow. They’re not the only group within Adelaide’s squad that can’t stand Nicks, let’s not go there anyways.

-

Anyways Pies rate Rachele but his a longer term target then for the interim. He will only go Pies or Carlton. I’ve heard that from him, won’t ever consider any other club. Can’t stand the hate his gotten, top bloke every interaction I’ve had, cheeky too. Don’t worry about how I know all three, I know many players - maybe I played the game at a high level and was delisted you’ll just never know 😎

-

PS anyone saying his lost the respect of his teammates that’s is 100% absolute rubbish. Won’t allow any fake ITKs to spread such nonsense maybe they can explain why the coaches pet as they call genuinely behind his back keeps getting a game …

MN is getting the can anyways the club execs know his position is untenable come November. They know the younger boys are disillusioned the clubs not dumb just in denial

Last edited:
The fact he ducks contests is a big issue. That being said he has still shown plenty at AFL level and would cost an early to mid first given he is also contracted until 2029.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Josh Rachele [RFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back