Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Technically so are Kozzies supposed reasons. “Homesickness” isn’t really the same as “lacking family support with a newborn.”

Unless you mean ANB has even further reasons.

There are different levels to needing support, ANBs situation is towards the more serious end. Would be beyond grubby to see anyone in the media (if they even have an inkling of the situations) comparing the two.

for 25+ years demons players have wanted to join fremantle and almost without fail they've underwhelmed.
hogan, jeffrey wizard, troy longmuir, troy simmonds, jackson, colin sylia. plus their fans are so baselessly arrogant.
hard avoid on picket from me. go for bolton and baker and take some picks to the draft.

Not in my top 20. I’m content with Treacy and Amiss.

I love when people laugh and just ignore the premise of the point made.

We need small forwards that can hit the scoreboard OR wingers, hence why I said Gulden, Green or Rankine.

Why do we need Hogan?

It’s just no thought to my point laughter.

With that thought process I could obviously sub out our whole side with the AA side dumbarse.

What do Melbourne need? Except for an internal review?

for 25+ years demons players have wanted to join fremantle and almost without fail they've underwhelmed.
hogan, jeffrey wizard, troy longmuir, troy simmonds, jackson, colin sylia. plus their fans are so baselessly arrogant.
hard avoid on picket from me. go for bolton and baker and take some picks to the draft.
The Wizz was terrific.

well done skipping over Jackson who you're entire fan base got completely wrong.

No-one expected anything from Sylvia. Hogan clearly was a good player, he just won the bloody Coleman!

well done skipping over Jackson who you're entire fan base got completely wrong.

No-one expected anything from Sylvia. Hogan clearly was a good player, he just won the bloody Coleman!

Cool story

And you aren't our list manager so stop sooking

Cool story

And you aren't our list manager so stop sooking
lol, I'm not sooking. Youre just salty you're not able to trade Sam Switkowski and pick 10 for Kozzie. Yet you wonder why trades fall through.

Elite small forwards are so hard to find. There's usually only 1 or 2 per draft. So it can be 5-10 years if you dont pay up for one aka Nick Watson

Can somebody explain why Kosi is not worth what Rankine was as a trade last year ? Pick #5

Age and stats are almost identical and both are dynamic fwd/mids

I reckon most people are saying he’s worth two teen picks that Freo are actually in possession of, which, points wise, is a pretty comparable valuation. Likewise, if the pick was in the top 10, a high-ish second rounder should also get it done as, again, it values him about the same.

I reckon most people are saying he’s worth two teen picks that Freo are actually in possession of, which, points wise, is a pretty comparable valuation. Likewise, if the pick was in the top 10, a high-ish second rounder should also get it done as, again, it values him about the same.
Points really are only for bid matching

I dont think any team would trade pick 4 for 2 teens picks
pick 5 is 1870 points but if traded out would fetch double that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, I'm not sooking. Youre just salty you're not able to trade Sam Switkowski and pick 10 for Kozzie. Yet you wonder why trades fall through.

Elite small forwards are so hard to find. There's usually only 1 or 2 per draft. So it can be 5-10 years if you dont pay up for one aka Nick Watson

I'm not Salty at all. I don't want to trade Switta and I've never mentioned trading him ever.

You are off your head

In the current draft and how even they are saying it is, two picks in the teens is possibly more desirable than one inside top 10. Lots of value right up to 30 means you potentially get two guns rather than 1. Previous years have never been like this. The demons need to blow it up and get what they can, while they can or risk losing Kozzie for much less in a year or two and competing with the Tassie concessions.

Picks 10 + 17 is equal to pick 3 in value. If Port go out in straight sets then that only increases in value. These two picks can be packaged to move up the draft order. Throw in some steak knives and it is a decent package. If we throw in a F1 I want their F2 back and some salary covered.
People need to stop using the pick value calculator for anything other than matching bids. In no world does pick 10 and 17 get traded for pick 3. It's just ridiculous to even bring it up.

People need to stop using the pick value calculator for anything other than matching bids. In no world does pick 10 and 17 get traded for pick 3. It's just ridiculous to even bring it up.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s ‘worth’ pick 3. Just highlighting the reality of where teams have picks.

It’s the same as using past trades as examples. 90% of them are the trade that happened because that’s where the club had a pick/s.

Rankine went for 5 and change because that’s where Adelaide’s first fell. If they had pick 8 it would’ve been there. We traded Cerra for 6 and change because that’s where Carlton’s first was.

Cameron, Dangerfield and many others got done for where clubs had their picks. They weren’t top 10 picks.

We don’t have a top 5 pick, hence we can’t trade a top 5 pick. We can attempt to create that value as best we can.

If it gets to that point Kosi does request and Melbourne ‘demand a top 5 pick’ are they really going to hold him if we offer 10 and 17? It’s not like we’d be offering 10 and a future 3rd. We have the assets to get close I’d think.

I doubt the Dockers have the salary cap space to get both Bolton and Pickett. Bolton is reportedly on over $1m per season and Kossie would be on $750k. And the Dockers already have several long-term contracts, which may indicate they are already backloading their cap.

The Dees definitely want to keep Kossie, and while we may do a deal due to his family situation, I don't think we will be easily satisfied in a trade because we think he is such a good player.

I doubt the Dockers have the salary cap space to get both Bolton and Pickett. Bolton is reportedly on over $1m per season and Kossie would be on $750k. And the Dockers already have several long-term contracts, which may indicate they are already backloading their cap.

The Dees definitely want to keep Kossie, and while we may do a deal due to his family situation, I don't think we will be easily satisfied in a trade because we think he is such a good player.
Well I guess if some random Dees fan on the internet says we don't have cap space, we don't have cap space.

Close the thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back