Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This might entertain you for 3min 37secs.

Apart from the horrible choice of song, that was enjoyable.
Reminded me of just how better skilled the old drivers were. Much less tech, an actual “patterned” gearbox!
Was a joy to see.

Reminded me of just how better skilled the old drivers were. Much less tech, an actual “patterned” gearbox!
Was a joy to see.
Different skill sets.

The current generation car less so, but Gen2 cars were very complex to drive and about 10 seconds a lap faster than anything Brock, Johnson etc drove, and most of that was made up around corners and across the top.

Was a joy to see.
You know what I think is the biggest difference between divers nowadays and the old days.

If there was a car stranded off the racing line in the old days, it could sit there all day and be untouched.

Nowadays, some moron would pile drive the car even if they knew it was there for the whole race. Something would happen.

Different skill sets.

The current generation car less so, but Gen2 cars were very complex to drive and about 10 seconds a lap faster than anything Brock, Johnson etc drove, and most of that was made up around corners and across the top.
Of course the cars are faster. As are all cars these days, even road cars. That’s the evolution of the internal combustion engine.
But in all forms of modern race cars the driver is dialled out as much as possible. Simply a lesser skill set required today.

Of course the cars are faster. As are all cars these days, even road cars. That’s the evolution of the internal combustion engine.
But in all forms of modern race cars the driver is dialled out as much as possible. Simply a lesser skill set required today.
Somewhat true but reflexes have to be far sharper today, given the speed of some categories over their past versions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back