Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Eagles to Change Judds mind

You hate anything remotely to do with the Eagles. You're bitter twisted, and obsessed.

OH dear, get a life numbnuts, I already said I hate the weagles, but can still acknowledge a champion player like Judd & wouldn't wish death on him, as some of your fellow supporters have done. :rolleyes:

Re: Eagles to Change Judds mind

The jumper was made for Judd

juddytiger.jpg

Re: Who's in the running to get Judd?

Post of the year. Very reasoned look there Gadaal :thumbsu:

Assuming that its true that Judd is leaving lets look at who's in the best position to get Judd and why. We can all assume that Judd won't be going to another non-victorian club so we'll just look at the Victorian teams.

Geelong
Strengths:
-Judd would love to go to a club with a strong list with Premierships on the horizon

Weaknesses:
-Geelong isn't a true Melbourne club
-Geelong probably don't have the salary cap room
-They don't have the draft picks to offer West Coast
-West Coast is unlikely to trade with a team that such a significant threat to their premiership hopes next year

Conclusion: Won't get Judd.

St Kilda
Strengths:
-They are seen to have a strong list and Judd would find that attractive
-Not as big a threat as Geelong or some of the others from a WC point of view

Weaknesses:
-Board room unheaval and uncertainty
-They're borderline on the salary cap as it is
-Other than Fox don't have fantastic business connections
-Aren't a top Melbourne club and never will be

Conclusion: Won't get Judd

Collingwood
Strengths:
-Have a strong performing list which Judd would find attractive
-Have great facilities
-Plenty of business connections that could set Judd up for life
-At the minute are the biggest club in Melbourne
-Probably have more salary cap space than other top 8 Melbourne clubs

Weaknesses:
-West Coast are unlikely to want to deal with Collingwood because Collingwood are a proven threat who recently knocked them out of the finals
-Someone claimed that Collingwood has already stated that they aren't interested. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea.

Conclusion: Judd wouldn't mind going to Collingwood but WC choose who they want to trade with so I think its very unlikely

Melbourne
Strengths:
-Have salary cap room (I assume)
-Has some early pics and some good young players that could be traded
-Judd supported them
-Have more obvious potential than the other bottom four teams to move back into the eight quickly
-Aren't an obvious threat to West Coast

Weaknesses:
-Have poor facilities
-Struggles financially
-Doesn't have the business connections that the big three or four Melbourne clubs can claim
-Isn't a big Melbourne based club and never will be

Conclusion: Has a very strong chance.

Carlton
Strengths:
-More salary cap space than any other club in the competition
-Has the picks to entice West Coast
-Have been very strong on the front foot in woeing Judd
-Judd may see the potnetial of a young list of low draft picks
-Has strong business connections that could set Judd up for life
-Is one of the big four clubs in Melbourne
-Isn't an obvious threat to WC

Weaknesses:
-Have been the easy beats of the competition over the last five years and Judd may not be interested in going to a club struggling on field
-Wasn't that long ago that Carlton was in serious finacial trouble even if that seems to have turned around
-Current facilities are rubbish
-Football department currently being reorganised under a new untried coach

Conclusion: Is probably the favourite at this point but will have to talk very fast to convince Judd

Essendon

Strengths:
-Strong club with a successful culture
-Has salary cap room if not as much as some others
-Isn't an obvious threat to WC at the minute
-has strong business connections that could set up Judd for life
-Has some early draft picks that could be traded

Weaknesses:
-Doesn't have a coach or a plan for the future
-Has an aging list which was acknowledged as a major problem by the club President
-Supporter base is in a state of unrest about the departure of Sheedy

Conclusion: Would've been a huge chance if they had a coach. Crippled themselves through indecision but if Judd looks past that they may be a strong chance.

Richmond
Strengths:
-Has almost as much salary cap room as Carlton
-Has the all important number 1 PSD pick
-Is a potential great Melbourne club due to its large supporter base
-Has a good group of potential players
-Has a good number of early draft picks
-Isn't an obvious threat to West Coast

Weaknesses:
-Has been a failure as a club for 25 years
-Poor facilties
-Has a coach who's been told that if the team doesn't do well next year he's going to get the sack
-Probably doesn't have the business connections that Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton can boast

Conclusion: A huge chance if they can convince Judd that they are the way to go

Kangaroos
Strengths:
-Recent success might appeal to Judd, as would the low profile of the club
-Probably has a bit of salary cap space
-WC might underestimate them and not see them as a major threat

Weaknesses:
-Poor facilties
-Is a club that struggles financially
-Has the threat of moving interstate hanging constantly over their heads

Conclusion: I doubt Judd would want to do to a club that may not even be in Melbourne in three years time.

Western Bulldogs
Strengths:
-Have had a poor year but they've still go heaps of potential as a genuine contender next year
-West Coast would probably be willing to trade with them
-Have great facilties
-Probably more willing than most to part with their picks
-Would have a bit of salary cap space

Weaknesses:
-Isn't a powerhouse club financially and doesn't have great business connections
-Judd might not even be the sort of player they'll need to take the next step

Conclusion: Probably a pretty good chance if they put their hand up.

Hawthorn
Strengths:
-Strong list that will appeal to Judd
-Great facilties
-Financially stable

Weaknesses:
-Like with Collingwood West Coast are unlikely to want to trade with a club that such a clear threat to them in the future
-Probably don't have the salary cap room in the long run
-Don't have the draft picks to entice West Coast

Conclusion: Highly unlikely to get Judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people suggesting Carlton is the favourite to claim Judd? No offence to Carlton but would Judd want to go to Carlton? I don't think he would, he would be sacrificing success in the best part of the rest of his career by doing so, Carlton will not be a premiership contender for at the very least the next 5 years by which time Judd will be looking to retire (Judd isn't going to be a player who plays into his mid 30's.)

I reckon Judd will nominate which teams he would prefer to be traded to and Weat Coast will organise the bidding war between those clubs and take the best offer. I don't see why a team like Geelong or Hawthorn couldn't snare Judd with an offer of a couple of good quality players if they wanted him. Carlton and Richmond have the only draft picks that West Coast would be interested in ,if he doesn't go to one of these clubs I reckon a quality youngster plus more will be what seals the deal.

Carlton - couldn't see Judd wanting to go there (as previously stated)

Collingwood - possibility if they gave up the likes of Thomas / Cloke / Pendlebury, etc

Essendon - possible, not sure if they could package a deal that could interest WC, don't have high picks, don't have a gun young player.

Geelong - Might not suit Judd not being in Melbourne, but they certainly have the players to interest WC and would be silly not to have a crack, some of their players currently have a higher value than they are worth because they are playing in such a good team.

Hawthorn- Similar situation to Geelong, although I think they have a nice mix of young talls and midfielders at their club at the moment and getting Judd could upset that mix by having to sacrifice some players.

Kangaroos- Unlikely, Judd might be put of by the possibility of a Gold Coast move, Wells would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.

Melbourne- Might be an option, have some good young players, don't really need to trade for a midfielder though, would be looking at KPP's I reckon.

Richmond- Good chance, pick #2 and coughlan, done.

St. Kilda- could have salary cap problems unless they unload 2-3 gun players to get Judd.

Western Bulldogs- need talls, shouldn't be after Judd.

Conclusion: Richmond or Collingwood the most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back