Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea what will happen this week when North play Geelong? it is a North home game meaning they will be in mainly white, do Geelong even have a dark clash jersey?
North in blue shorts
Cats in white shorts

It is weird that North has a mostly white "home" and then their clash is MORE white...

Their home jumper with white shorts would work as a clash against most teams they might clash with then a darker jumper for Geelong and Carlton i guess would have made more sense.

I think North in white shorts and Geelong in dark shorts would have made more sense but it is dumb.

North and Geelong should follow Collingwoods lead and keep their blue stripes/hoops on a white front and change the back of the jumper from white to blue.
It means they can maintain their history and not be in all white.
For away games just have the old school white back and white shorts.

Interesting to see what will happen with the saints and giants on friday. Previously saints always wore their white clash strip when playing away against the giants, but now with the saints having a red away strip that will no doubt clash even more with the orange back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is weird that North has a mostly white "home" and then their clash is MORE white...

Their home jumper with white shorts would work as a clash against most teams they might clash with then a darker jumper for Geelong and Carlton i guess would have made more sense.

I think North in white shorts and Geelong in dark shorts would have made more sense but it is dumb.

Yep another AFL special, the clash strip that doesn't prevent a clash.

766400_01_002_NMFC_Replica_Clash_Guernsey_MENS__57203.1639121496.jpg
766396_01_012_NMFC_Replica_Home_Guernsey_YOUTH__61150.1636530907.jpg

For those playing at home, that is North's away jumper and home jumper.

Geelong don't seem to even have one.

I thought North had a predominantly blue home guernsey with white numbers. Did they change back, must admit the white guernsey looks better.

I thought North had a predominantly blue home guernsey with white numbers. Did they change back, must admit the white guernsey looks better.
Puma has come on board this year as our jumper sponsor and weve changed back to playing in Blue strips on white as our home.
We wanted to use the bounding roo as our away jumper except Puma decided to go with the current monstrosity which is a Kangaroo head on top of stripes which makes no ****ing sense. Apparently kids will like it and buy it.

I hope we see a better version next year where we have the bounding roo with a white back as the away and the blue on white stripes with a blue back at the home.
Then again I don't work for Puma or the club so what would I know.

Puma has come on board this year as our jumper sponsor and weve changed back to playing in Blue strips on white as our home.
We wanted to use the bounding roo as our away jumper except Puma decided to go with the current monstrosity which is a Kangaroo head on top of stripes which makes no ******* sense. Apparently kids will like it and buy it.

I hope we see a better version next year where we have the bounding roo with a white back as the away and the blue on white stripes with a blue back at the home.
Its funny too cause whilst the "kids will like it" argument probably works, you know what parents will hate... a mostly white jumper...

We wanted to use the bounding roo as our away jumper except Puma decided to go with the current monstrosity which is a Kangaroo head on top of stripes which makes no ******* sense. Apparently kids will like it and buy it.

That kangaroo away guernsey is ugly, it's the same when Brisbane lions went to the paddle pop lion before going back to the traditional one which is much more classy. I hope they bring back the bounding kangaroo which is reminiscent of the 90s. The other thing I like about the white guernsey was when north used black numbers, I always thought that was rather quirky considering every other team went with a team colour number in that situation hawthorn with brown ect. I also think Collingwood look better in white guernsey it's what I have associated with them growing up in the 90s, but I understand that the black is more traditional as is the predominantly blue with North.

Collingwood look better in white guernsey it's what I have associated with them growing up in the 90s, but I understand that the black is more traditional
Eh? There is nothing "traditional" about Collingwood's predominantly black jumper with white stripes
That was Eddie McGuire stealing Port Adelaide's aesthetic and rebranding the Pies in a subtle fashion.

For 100 years, Collingwood played in black and white striped jumpers with a white patch on their backs and black numbers.

They should go back to that, in my opinion. It looked much better than the "reverse" look which they've worn for the past 20 years.

maxresdefault.jpg

image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This has always been the iconic Collingwood look for mine, mainly white jumper with black shorts, and we never get to see it anymore. I know it's been 20 odd years, but the mainly black jumper still looks wrong to me.

e5fc114c0fa2c51b7f52530f1fddcb1a

Eh? There is nothing "traditional" about Collingwood's predominantly black jumper with white stripes
That was Eddie McGuire stealing Port Adelaide's aesthetic and rebranding the Pies in a subtle fashion.

For 100 years, Collingwood played in black and white striped jumpers with a white patch on their backs and black numbers.

They should go back to that, in my opinion. It looked much better than the "reverse" look which they've worn for the past 20 years.

maxresdefault.jpg

image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Had nothing to do with us - it was Adidas I'm fairly sure who started that process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back