Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though the teams have similar colours, the uniforms in the Collingwood / St Kilda game worked perfectly well both at the ground and watching the replay.

Dark back / white numbers vs light back / dark numbers should be mandatory for all games.
Nah Collingwood need to make the design on the front and back a little thinner. It's so wide that the white gap on the sides disappear on most of their players making the sides black. There old adidas versions were much better.

Bright Reds like Gold Coast, Swans and St Kilda's Crusader also works well enough vs Black.

Has someone put a blue hat in the wash with Geelongs jumpers tonight or is it just me.
Shades of blue on the white and I can’t unsee it. It’s like they’ve all decided to slide on the blue 50m line

Has someone put a blue hat in the wash with Geelongs jumpers tonight or is it just me.
Shades of blue on the white and I can’t unsee it. It’s like they’ve all decided to slide on the blue 50m line

It looks weird, obviously got more hoops than usual and a lot closer together.

Just having their regular home with a charcoal back would solve all the problems.

Or they stick to their normal strip and the AFL get the Swans to wear the white backed singlet in the Giants home game.

End of the day, Giants have decided to go full- black in both derby games (including home) so it works. The AFL seem impotent regarding match day uni’s so it’s good to see a home match-day club sort it out when the onus isn’t on them to do so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF are the Hawks wearing tonight?

Versace.

The white back really tops it off.

Simply stunning!

fashion-show-model-catwalk-chanel-prada-gucci-dior-model-fashion-week.jpg

WTF are the Hawks wearing tonight?
Honestly think its better than their normal jumper. The white number panel is stupid (so is ports) and I'm not massive on the white shorts with it. But its a clean look that gives a great contrast

The hawks number panel is ugly and ruins a really clean strip. Also with the amount of yellow in the guernsey, they could easily wear brown shorts with it and it would still work as a viable clash.

There’s no need for hawthorn to have white on any part of this guernsey, we now have two teams playing each other with a white number panel. It’s just unnecessary.

There’s no need for hawthorn to have white on any part of this guernsey, we now have two teams playing each other with a white number panel. It’s just unnecessary.

Hawthorn have history with white number panels on their singlets. They had it when they won their first 2 premierships, and reintroduced in 2008 which coincided with beginning of the most recent premiership era. Given it's a 'legends' singlet commemorating Peter Hudson, the club thought it was appropriate to include it as it was a feature of the singlet during his time at the club.

I doubt the Port Adelaide design was considered at all. Overall it really didn't cause an issue between telling the two match-day teams apart.

Hawthorn have history with white number panels on their singlets. They had it when they won their first 2 premierships, and reintroduced in 2008 which coincided with beginning of the most recent premiership era. Given it's a 'legends' singlet commemorating Peter Hudson, the club thought it was appropriate to include it as it was a feature of the singlet during his time at the club.

I doubt the Port Adelaide design was considered at all. Overall it really didn't cause an issue between telling the two match-day teams apart.
But did they have the panel when they had their gold jumper with brown V?

If not then it's a poor execution of a "Legends" jumper. It's akin to Essendon calling their clash jumper a "Heritage" jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back