Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

It was shocking. Worse at the ground than on TV. When we got home and saw the highlights, it's much easier to distinguish between the two colours.

But at the ground - sheesh.

Collingwood need to stop being so pig headed and have an all black or all white away kit when we play North. If North wear white home shorts, we wear an all black kit, and if North wear blue home shorts, we wear an all white kit.

An alternate for, what, 1 game every two years when we have an away game against North.

Nah forget about an all white kit v North. A proper black one is the go. Overwhelmingly black, back, sides & FRONT. Like your open mindedness.

Im sure someone on here mocked up a great “blackout” pies jumper. I think it should be adopted and worn for every away game v North and v Geelong and always with black shorts.
That would give IMO Collingwood the best set of 3 across the league.

The pies had a predominantly black kit a while back, looked like braces on the front. This on.

1718576563650.png
Again, people saying "why dont north just compromise" why dont the pies just wear something like this with black shorts.

North has their own issues as an away team but at home this isnt their issue.

Wasnt a clash but i dont really get why Port werent in white yesterday.

Again, the AFL having a mix and match approach to their rules leads to shit like this.

Home - Home or special
Away - Whatever best contrasts (clash or third) never home.

Again, the AFL having a mix and match approach to their rules leads to shit like this.

Home - Home or special
The only addition I'd make to this is that the shorts should match the main colour of the jumper. Yes it means Sydney's Big V loses the red shorts but I am happy to lose them if it solves so many more issues

The only addition I'd make to this is that the shorts should match the main colour of the jumper. Yes it means Sydney's Big V loses the red shorts but I am happy to lose them if it solves so many more issues
My ideal scenario is every team has a white and black (dark) version of their home anyway then a third kit using a different color so that white V kit would have white shorts anyway.

Anyway, thats just me.

My ideal scenario is every team has a white and black (dark) version of their home anyway then a third kit using a different color so that white V kit would have white shorts anyway.

Anyway, thats just me.
This, or English Soccer style rules.

But red apparently doesn't clash with anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pies had a predominantly black kit a while back, looked like braces on the front. This on.

View attachment 2022086
Again, people saying "why dont north just compromise" why dont the pies just wear something like this with black shorts.

North has their own issues as an away team but at home this isnt their issue.
Yes this would look good, one of our more underrated jumpers. However if we wear it with black shorts like proposed then there is no reason why we can't just wear our home jumper with black shorts.

IMO the AFL is at fault, look continually at away teams being forced into white shorts against North (Freo, Port, Collingwood etc), if they were in dark there would be no issue. The jumpers contrast just fine.

Yes this would look good, one of our more underrated jumpers. However if we wear it with black shorts like proposed then there is no reason why we can't just wear our home jumper with black shorts.

IMO the AFL is at fault, look continually at away teams being forced into white shorts against North (Freo, Port, Collingwood etc), if they were in dark there would be no issue. The jumpers contrast just fine.
I dont really agree on the current jumper (although it would have been better than yesterday). The contrast of stripes still isnt good enough (really even the braces could be better).

Agree on the AFL being at fault though, bush league shit.

So you saying this is acceptable for multi million dollar pro sport in 2024?

View attachment 2021181

In the AFL, it would be a plus. The weekend's match unfortunately sent the match-day strips between these two clubs back to square one. North in blue shorts would be better as you're minimising the white. I don't buy into the dark vs light reasoning. As long as the colours are effectively different. Black and royal blue meet this.

Also, the game isn't played or watched in still photos. So many posters try to substantiate their argument with them.

Unnecessary. American style homogenous solutions aren't required.

North Melbourne was the first club in the country to wear vertical stripes, we shouldn't have to compromise our traditional jersey to a newbie club like Collingwood, especially when it's our home game. Collingwood should be asked to wear hoops or an all white jersey with a black sash for our home games. :)

North Melbourne was the first club in the country to wear vertical stripes, we shouldn't have to compromise our traditional jersey to a newbie club like Collingwood, especially when it's our home game. Collingwood should be asked to wear hoops or an all white jersey with a black sash for our home games. :)
All they had to do was put Pies in black shorts. Simple.

If anyone was in white shorts it should have been Roos as their jumper is mainly white - but it wasn't needed.

Best - Roos white/white v Pies black/black
OK/ Acceptable - Roos white/blue v Pies black/ black
Bad - Roos white/blue v Pies black/ white
Worst - Roos white/blue v pies white/white

They chose the 2nd worst option with Roos as the Home side.

No one should ever wear white shorts v Cats, Swans or Roos.
AFL generally get it right with Cats and Swans - but not Roos

All they had to do was put Pies in black shorts. Simple.

If anyone was in white shorts it should have been Roos as their jumper is mainly white - but it wasn't needed.

Best - Roos white/white v Pies black/black
OK/ Acceptable - Roos white/blue v Pies black/ black

Bad - Roos white/blue v Pies black/ white
Worst - Roos white/blue v pies white/white

They chose the 2nd worst option with Roos as the Home side.
Why do North have to comprise when it's their home game?

Tradition is such a big deal in the AFL and traditionally the away team wears white shorts, so it is Collingwood responsibility to ensure they don't clash with North's home uniform and not the other way around.

Home - Home or special
It only needs to be:

Home
Clash

When away, whichever provides best contrast of home or clash should be worn.

Short policy:
- white shorts are worn ONLY IF it adds to contrast
(ie away team should never wear white shorts v teams with White home jumpers, Swans, Cats Roos)
- Home teams may be directed to wear white shorts if they have white home jumpers

Why do North have to comprise when it's their home game?

Tradition is such a big deal in the AFL and traditionally the away team wears white shorts, so it is Collingwood responsibility to ensure they don't clash with North's home uniform and not the other way around.
They don't. They get to wear their home jumper.

But their shorts don't match their jumper.

It's ludicrous to think anyone should ever wear white shorts against a team with a white jumper.
If you don't want to wear white shorts - don't have a white jumper!

Roos have a light kit as their home. So in order not to clash, all that had to happen was Collingwood wear a dark kit - which includes dark shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back