Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they recent converts? If they were Blues fans, they'd know very well why they're not wearing a white guernsey.
I know plenty of blues fans who dont understand why they wouldnt wear a clash jumper when its a clash.

In spite of overwhelming evidence some big 4 club supporters arent complete dolts.

Same with North and white shorts.
This is such a weird vendetta you keep banging on. We wear white shorts in home games when it's actually necessary:

You obviously don't watch our games or you'd know this, but you still bring it up obsessively at every opportunity. I don't get it.

This is such a weird vendetta you keep banging on. We wear white shorts in home games when it's actually necessary:

You obviously don't watch our games or you'd know this, but you still bring it up obsessively at every opportunity. I don't get it.

False. You don't.

The only games where you have done this (more than likely when the AFL have told you, not by choice) have been against Geelong, Western Bulldogs and Collingwood. The rest of the time, no.

It's not a vendetta, it's the fact that North are the only club who are precious about their shorts.

Geelong grew the f*** up and have been wearing white shorts in 99% of their home games. Your mob even went to the extremity of changing your home jumper to avoid it! Like Jesus Christ 🤣

False. You don't.

The only games where you have done this (more than likely when the AFL have told you, not by choice) have been against Geelong, Western Bulldogs and Collingwood. The rest of the time, no.

It's not a vendetta, it's the fact that North are the only club who are precious about their shorts.

Geelong grew the f*** up and have been wearing white shorts in 99% of their home games. Your mob even went to the extremity of changing your home jumper to avoid it! Like Jesus Christ 🤣

...You've just listed every club that it's necessary against. Our stripes can clash visually with Collingwood and Geelong during fast paced play, and the Bulldogs wear almost the same shade of blue as us. We don't clash with anyone else. Geelong's shorts are navy blue and that can clash with other Navy blue sides, and sides that wear black-adjacent colours (purple, charcoal, brown) in a way that royal blue just doesn't. It seems like you're just maximalist about finding and enforcing some kind of rule that applies to everyone, and forcing clubs to wear things they don't want to wear as their home strips. Thankfully after years of ****ing it up the AFL seems to understand that different colours look, well different to each other, there's no perfect light/dark policy that applies to the entire rainbow.

...You've just listed every club that it's necessary against. Our stripes can clash visually with Collingwood and Geelong during fast paced play, and the Bulldogs wear almost the same shade of blue as us. We don't clash with anyone else. Geelong's shorts are navy blue and that can clash with other Navy blue sides, and sides that wear black-adjacent colours (purple, charcoal, brown) in a way that royal blue just doesn't. It seems like you're just maximalist about finding and enforcing some kind of rule that applies to everyone, and forcing clubs to wear things they don't want to wear as their home strips. Thankfully after years of ****ing it up the AFL seems to understand that different colours look, well different to each other, there's no perfect light/dark policy that applies to the entire rainbow.
No, I'm pointing out the fact that there is two separate rules in play for the same situation.

Geelong - white jumper with blue hoops. White shorts in home games.

North - white jumper with blue stripes. Blue shorts in home games.

For ***ks sake even Collingwood wore white shorts in a home game this year.

How do you not see the hypocrisy? Or the complete lack of consistency? Either apply the rule to both clubs or not at all.

And yet they're still ***king it up by forcing teams to wear white shorts against North when it's not necessary. And unfortunately that's where the light vs dark situation needs to come in.

As I said, North is the ONLY club that has made a song and dance about shorts, and even changed their home jumper because of it.

No, I'm pointing out the fact that there is two separate rules in play for the same situation.

How do you not see the hypocrisy? Or the complete lack of consistency? Either apply the rule to both clubs or not at all.

And yet they're still ***king it up by forcing teams to wear white shorts against North when it's not necessary. And unfortunately that's where the light vs dark situation needs to come in.

As I said, North is the ONLY club that has made a song and dance about shorts, and even changed their home jumper because of it.
Navy blue is closer to black than royal blue.

Hope this helps.

Again - you don't seem to understand that different shades of blue look different to each other. That's your burden to bear I suppose but the AFL are not so afflicted.

Sydney wear red back (colour), red shorts (colour) and a white front (light) against teams wearing more "dark" uniforms and there's no issue as their home uniform.

North wear mainly white with some royal blue front and back (some colour but less than Sydney's front/back combined) and also colour shorts, yet people want to complain.

That leaves open the option for teams to wear a black or near black uniform vs. North and not clash (or alte. There shouldn't be complaints. It's not a contrast issue like it is with Port's home uniform (who I will say that as a home team it's fine for them to wear, but it clearly creates more issues than Norths).

Sometimes you can get away with colour vs. colour ie royal blue (Bulldogs) doesn't clash with red so Dogs can wear their Blue in Sydney, or GWS can wear their orange vs North etc.

Sometimes the colours are too similar that dark has to be worn against North. The issue isn't the North uniform, it's the lack of insistance that the away team doesn't wear something that clashes. Throw in the white shorts and it's a mess.

This is a bit of a mess:

1718093378165.png

When Fremantle could have easily worn this:

1718093463108.png

Sure, the white shorts contrast with the black. But the royal blue still contrast a reasonable amount.

And in the grand scheme of things I'm sure Fremantle fans don't really care what colour shorts or uniform they're wearing in an away game to North where about only 500 of their fans are in the stand, or if that the Gather Round uniform is "special" or whatever.

Good God, who ever decided on the white numbers on the Richmond Clash Jumper should be given a strike on their record. Whoever signed off on it should be fired.
Change for change's sake. Someone sitting in the Puma design room needing to justify their existence. The jumper was just fine the way it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney wear red back (colour), red shorts (colour) and a white front (light) against teams wearing more "dark" uniforms and there's no issue as their home uniform.

North wear mainly white with some royal blue front and back (some colour but less than Sydney's front/back combined) and also colour shorts, yet people want to complain.

That leaves open the option for teams to wear a black or near black uniform vs. North and not clash (or alte. There shouldn't be complaints. It's not a contrast issue like it is with Port's home uniform (who I will say that as a home team it's fine for them to wear, but it clearly creates more issues than Norths).

Sometimes you can get away with colour vs. colour ie royal blue (Bulldogs) doesn't clash with red so Dogs can wear their Blue in Sydney, or GWS can wear their orange vs North etc.

Sometimes the colours are too similar that dark has to be worn against North. The issue isn't the North uniform, it's the lack of insistance that the away team doesn't wear something that clashes. Throw in the white shorts and it's a mess.

This is a bit of a mess:

View attachment 2017111

When Fremantle could have easily worn this:

View attachment 2017113

Sure, the white shorts contrast with the black. But the royal blue still contrast a reasonable amount.

And in the grand scheme of things I'm sure Fremantle fans don't really care what colour shorts or uniform they're wearing in an away game to North where about only 500 of their fans are in the stand, or if that the Gather Round uniform is "special" or whatever.
The only problem with the Freo matchup is them wearing white shorts. Not necessary. They could just wear all purple and it doesn't clash.

The only problem with the Freo matchup is them wearing white shorts. Not necessary. They could just wear all purple and it doesn't clash.
AFL stupidity at its finest. Two or three years ago, Freo applied to wear its purple uniform in select away games and the AFL said 'sure, but you're going to combine it with white shorts' 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

AFL stupidity at its finest. Two or three years ago, Freo applied to wear its purple uniform in select away games and the AFL said 'sure, but you're going to combine it with white shorts' 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️
Yep, for some reason royal blue and purple are seen as clashing when they contrast. We could wear our home kit vs WC’s home kit and it would not be an issue yet traditional vic teams both very dark are fine.

Yep, for some reason royal blue and purple are seen as clashing when they contrast. We could wear our home kit vs WC’s home kit and it would not be an issue yet traditional vic teams both very dark are fine.
we wore our horrible all blue strip vs. carlton in all navy just 4 years ago. and it wasn't even a problem really

1718102697555.jpeg

we wore our horrible all blue strip vs. carlton in all navy just 4 years ago. and it wasn't even a problem really

View attachment 2017251
This is what I mean, to be fair. North wore this exact kit as the away team vs several clubs when it first came out, and then we saw instances where clubs didn't wear white shorts as the away team when they had it as a home jumper

So why is it a problem now and what's the difference?

This is what I mean, to be fair. North wore this exact kit as the away team vs several clubs when it first came out, and then we saw instances where clubs didn't wear white shorts as the away team when they had it as a home jumper

So why is it a problem now and what's the difference?
Our supporters don't like the all blue kit and wanted to wear our historical kit. Have Port supporters ever expressed a desire like that?

Have Port supporters ever expressed a desire like that?
Yes. When we first introduced the BiB and there was no number panel. The club read the room and brought it back after a few seasons.

Incidentally, this is when the number panel all of sudden became a clash issue despite having it from when we joined the AFL until the BiB.

The whole white shorts for away team thing is so outdated and unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back