Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

The only argument is it let's the home team wear it's home colours without a clash, if there is a clash. A white kit should be seen as a good thing from the players POV too btw.

Every team should have a white kit.

No.

Brisbane's clash jumper works very well against teams with a perceived clash with the maroon home jumper and the red away jumper.

Brisbane Lions clash jumper 2024.png

I much prefer this clash jumper to any white monstrosity they've worn as a clash.

No.

Brisbane's clash jumper works very well against teams with a perceived clash with the maroon home jumper and the red away jumper.

View attachment 2028161

I much prefer this clash jumper to any white monstrosity they've worn as a clash.
Even though I'm from the Fitzroy side of the family I'd really happily see us run out in this more often. Its a good combo of both sides of our history, looks good and provides a good contrast to a few different teams

Because
1) it's a great guernsey
2) the red jumper is worn for all Victorian games and non Queensland games, except when the AFL determines a clash between the two uniforms. In that case the away team has to wear their clash uniform.

The 2024 clash jumper for the Lions is

View attachment 2027653

Fair enough. I didn't realise the Roy guernsey was regularly worn outside Victoria as well.

So North v Bulldogs and Richmond v Carlton the two likely problem games this round?

The former is problematic due to both clubs having strong use of blue and white but at least the latter actually has a solid, logical solution. Trouble is, it won’t be used.

Also I really hope freo wear the purple shorts v the swans. Last time out we went the white shorts with purple shirts and it wasn’t great. At least I think it was them?

The former is problematic due to both clubs having strong use of blue and white but at least the latter actually has a solid, logical solution. Trouble is, it won’t be used.

Also I really hope freo wear the purple shorts v the swans. Last time out we went the white shorts with purple shirts and it wasn’t great. At least I think it was them?

If North wear white shorts it’d be 100% fine. No different to Collingwood in their clash vs Port.

Found this interesting
This is what the AFL needs but at same time need to do it right (one team all dark one all light)

Prior to the season, home teams are given a window of time to go on a portal called “LockerVision”and select which uniforms they will wear at home. After every home team makes its choices, the NBA opens the portal again for the road team to pick.

Full link:
Yeah, good read. It doesn't have to be as hard as we make it:

"Home teams pick which uniform they will wear at home and then the visiting team will choose a contrasting uniform."

That's really all it has to be, it's just up to the AFL to enforce it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the back, the only way to identify the jumper as Carlton is the sponsors. The average person on the street with any rudimentary knowledge of the AFL teams and team colours would rightfully believe it it a Giants strip.

I was outside when that game started but could still see the telly. I caught a glimpse and thought, well I keep doing what I'm doing because obviously the game hasn't started yet. Thinking they're still showing previous match ups. I reckon it was 10mins in when I thought, why the hell are they still showing GWS v Geelong match ups. So I went inside....... Oh I see.

I was outside when that game started but could still see the telly. I caught a glimpse and thought, well I keep doing what I'm doing because obviously the game hasn't started yet. Thinking they're still showing previous match ups. I reckon it was 10mins in when I thought, why the hell are they still showing GWS v Geelong match ups. So I went inside....... Oh I see.
AF3A0071-5A1D-4B72-9EC6-DEED1FC2E5E1.jpeg BE8F7625-5259-4A5C-A212-92601DDD925B.jpeg
They’re just not even similar aside from both having some orange.

I’d prefer they not wear this match up in a clash jumper but even that wouldn’t be the worst clash we’ve seen. Let alone enough to confuse the two teams in a different game.

So North v Bulldogs and Richmond v Carlton the two likely problem games this round?
North vs dogs won't be a problem if:
North in white shorts and dogs in blue shorts (don't give me the bs home shorts etc)

Richmond vs blues - if blues wear their white jumper- no issue. Although, it's a big 4 clash that the afl love to roll out the "traditional" jumpers and create issues with

North vs dogs won't be a problem if:
North in white shorts and dogs in blue shorts (don't give me the bs home shorts etc)

Richmond vs blues - if blues wear their white jumper- no issue. Although, it's a big 4 clash that the afl love to roll out the "traditional" jumpers and create issues with
So yeh neither of those things happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back