Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think tonight was a clash, but this version of Ports away jumper is horrible, and I imagine would make it more difficult for Port players to pick out team mates downfield..

Grey jumpers are just horrible. They never work. Ours lasted four years, which was four years too long.

Than why are you going on and on?

I'm not. Doesn't bother me one tiny bit.
Because it proves the incompetence of the afl for allowing port to wear it. If it’s your home game wear whatever you like but whoever thought that’s a good clash strip to wear against Collingwood is obviously not good at their job.

Collingwood’s decision to go to a predominantly black jumper (presumably to preclude the prison bars from Port being an option) has made this so much worse. Same with North going to a predominantly blue jumper. Both should go back to white with black/blue stripes I reckon, would make it much easier against the black/navy teams.
Yeah, not like clubs have had over 18 years to expect us running out on the ground with a black based guernsey.
We can wear whatever we want as the home team. It's up to the away team to resolve a clash.

Because it proves the incompetence of the afl for allowing port to wear it. If it’s your home game wear whatever you like but whoever thought that’s a good clash strip to wear against Collingwood is obviously not good at their job.
Oh the irony.... from a Tigers fan...

Remember a certain elimination final where you wouldn't wear a clash guernsey????

Of course we would have however what was the clash with your jumper, you wore black and white that day didn’t you? No clash there.
Selective memory. Very selective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not called precious, it's as dumb as saying Carlton or Melbourne look black.

It's in our song FFS.

It's clearly not grey, I can show you a grey that looks nothing like it.
No it's not. It's like saying that West Coast wear blue, when they wear royal blue. Yet nobody gives a shit because it's pretty clear what is meant.

The silver that Port wear is a tone of grey (of which there are many). It's made even more difficult to distinguish based upon lighting and whether the tone printed on the fabric of the jumpers is actually silver (it might not be).

You're absolutely being precious.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Collingwood’s decision to go to a predominantly black jumper (presumably to preclude the prison bars from Port being an option) has made this so much worse. Same with North going to a predominantly blue jumper. Both should go back to white with black/blue stripes I reckon, would make it much easier against the black/navy teams.

it's up to the club to decide what they want to identify with as their home strip.

This one clearly isn't a huge deal, but teams that don't have white as a colour in their regular home strip should have shorts in the secondary colour as the first choice for an away game (especially in a game against a home team who has a significant amount of white), then white shorts as the third option if that doesn't help.

If teams like Richmond (yellow), Hawthorn (gold), Adelaide (yellow or red), Essendon (red), Melbourne (red), West Coast (yellow) and Gold Coast (yellow) wore shorts in those colours for away games as necessary, not only would their strips probably look better, but it might do enough to prevent the need for the clash guernsey in certain situations.

Teams who wear tricolours, including white should also have shorts available in all three colours (e.g. Bulldogs/red, Port/teal, St Kilda/red, GWS/ orange) to provide the most options and flexibility to combat potential clashes.

This post is accurate, unless you’re Port and want to wear the prison bars
No because Port joined the AFL as a separate team and fully agreed that due to there being a long-established black/white "Magpies" already in the league, they would have to alter their identity, adding Teal and becoming the "Power".

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back