Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a defense of the choices today because it is the worst possible combo between them but this isn’t a clash.

On last nights game, do Geelong and Collingwood actually have a better combo in their current sets?

Add more of the distinguishing colour to North’s kit though, rather than the same colour in the Swans uniform. Fairly fundamental concept you’d think. Foreign to the AFL.

Not a defense of the choices today because it is the worst possible combo between them but this isn’t a clash.

On last nights game, do Geelong and Collingwood actually have a better combo in their current sets?
No, unless Collingwood bring back the braces and Geelong make their hoops thinner or lighter.

Add more of the distinguishing colour to North’s kit though, rather than the same colour in the Swans uniform. Fairly fundamental concept you’d think. Foreign to the AFL.
Yeh, I’m certainly not defending it, just noting it’s not really a clash, still pretty obvious who is who (mostly because blue and red oppose so well.

Yeh, I’m certainly not defending it, just noting it’s not really a clash, still pretty obvious who is who (mostly because blue and red oppose so well.

Obviously it’s not an actual clash but it just speaks to the insanity of the white shorts policy.

Why would you think this: 1720854111957.png

Is preferable to this?

1720853961161.jpeg

This is hilarious. I really hope the lions wear their maroon home jumper with white shorts against the suns in a few weeks.
Because wHiTe ShOrTs AwAy
I totally expect it at this point. I reckon someone senior at AFL house is a massive traditionalist and has gone nuts pushing white shorts away for all teams. It seems to have got way worse this year for no clear reason

Expecting this to be the jumper match-up for West Coast v Brisbane tomorrow. Not the best. Hope if the Eagles decide to wear their indigenous jumper we choose our regular away jumper for this game.
gettyimages-2153636081-612x612.jpg gettyimages-2154174877-612x612.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally expect it at this point. I reckon someone senior at AFL house is a massive traditionalist and has gone nuts pushing white shorts away for all teams. It seems to have got way worse this year for no clear reason
Remember when Steve Hocking became a senior member of the AFL, then coincidentally Geelong starting wearing navy shorts in home games again?

I don’t know, if we’re gonna rightly point out that north shouldn’t have worn white shorts today I’m inclined not to give this a pass. Really just feels like the bars been dropped so low we accept shit like this.

Tbh North are probably the worst club for this stuff.

Refuse to wear white shorts at home, until last week where they do for some reason despite it having no benefit.

Away game where every other club wears coloured shorts and the oppo has a lot of white in their kit, yeah let’s chuck white on.

Couple years back, the only club who our home jumper clashes with wears predominantly white, why not make our away jumper even more white…

What are they thinking?

Tbh North are probably the worst club for this stuff.

Refuse to wear white shorts at home, until last week where they do for some reason despite it having no benefit.

Away game where every other club wears coloured shorts and the oppo has a lot of white in their kit, yeah let’s chuck white on.

Couple years back, the only club who our home jumper clashes with wears predominantly white, why not make our away jumper even more white…

What are they thinking?
Look, I agree but I also don’t blame them, the afl has paid lip service to their clash policy both in terms of selection of suitable clash kits and implementation of the policy.

North have used the “clash” jumper as a chance to bring back a popular (and likely well wold) design from their heyday. The afl approved it and then continues to approve its use when it doesn’t fix the clash (or argurably creates a worse one).

In particular the Afls attitude toward the big 4 and traditional rivals not needing to wear the clashes has likely led most clubs to just think “**** it, doesn’t matter anyway, may as well use this shitty policy to our benefit”.

Look, I agree but I also don’t blame them, the afl has paid lip service to their clash policy both in terms of selection of suitable clash kits and implementation of the policy.

North have used the “clash” jumper as a chance to bring back a popular (and likely well wold) design from their heyday. The afl approved it and then continues to approve its use when it doesn’t fix the clash (or argurably creates a worse one).

In particular the Afls attitude toward the big 4 and traditional rivals not needing to wear the clashes has likely led most clubs to just think “**** it, doesn’t matter anyway, may as well use this shitty policy to our benefit”.

Does the AFL get any say in what the clubs are wearing before a match?

For example, just two years ago Geelong and North Melbourne played in Indigenous jumpers that created the worst clash I have ever seen. How was this not picked up beforehand?

As a hypothetical, if Hawthorn and Brisbane were drawn to play each other in heritage round and planned to wear 80s style jumpers - Hawthorn the gold and brown striped jumper and the Brisbane Lions wearing a gold and maroon Brisbane Bears jumper with the triangular BB emblem from this era - wouldn't the AFL review this beforehand and order the Lions to wear the inverse Bears jumper at the very least?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back