Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that GWS is the only club that we don't have a contrasting jumper for. All 3 of our jumpers don't match well against their home jumper.
Yeh thats fair, personally i think the yellow lion kit with white shorts works better but its pretty marginal

Yeah both of those options look poor against GWS. Its not helped by the front back issues though. Both our lighter and darker options dont work well. A white option would be best.

Again it would be so much easier if GWS wore the all charcoal as their home strip. Its such a better look

Yeah both of those options look poor against GWS. Its not helped by the front back issues though. Both our lighter and darker options dont work well. A white option would be best.

Again it would be so much easier if GWS wore the all charcoal as their home strip. Its such a better look
Yeah, this would be perfect.

GWS-Uniform2024N-Back.png Brisbane-Uniform2024C-Back.png

The problem with the Giants (and their opposition being forced into wearing alternate jumpers) is that the GENIUSES who designed the Giants jumpers decided to make things impossible by having all orange backs and a mix of orange & back on the front (but mostly black)

It’s okay if they wear orange shorts. It’s almost all orange.

Shorts should be mandated to be the predominant jumper colour. Would solve plenty of problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt it based on finals winners for years and then quietly changed to ladder positions in 16?

HA ladder positions makes perfect sense to me for "home ground" advantage in the granny.

"home ground advantage" isn't the correct language, as there isn't technically a thing for the GF. It's always at the MCG.

Also, the convention for listing the match is based on which side of the draw they came through. Minor Premier will be listed first as long as they win their Week 1 match. For example, if Giants (#4) had defeated Swans (#1) in the qualifying final, and the Swans win their semi and prelim and came up against Giants again in the Grand Final, it would be listed GWS GIANTS v SYDNEY SWANS. And there are other examples where the lower-ranked team will be listed first.

"home ground advantage" isn't the correct language, as there isn't technically a thing for the GF. It's always at the MCG.

Also, the convention for listing the match is based on which side of the draw they came through. Minor Premier will be listed first as long as they win their Week 1 match. For example, if Giants (#4) had defeated Swans (#1) in the qualifying final, and the Swans win their semi and prelim and came up against Giants again in the Grand Final, it would be listed GWS GIANTS v SYDNEY SWANS. And there are other examples where the lower-ranked team will be listed first.
Yeh hence "home ground" is in inverted commas.

Also, isnt what you explained exactly what i just said?

Until 2016 it was based on HA ladder positions, then it was changed to finals winners?

Pretty sure it's been changed this year... Hence why I asked if it was based on rankings
I havent heard of any change but i dont think its something thats advertised.

As noted it used to be the winner of the first prelim essentially became the #1 seed, that seemed to be very quietly changed in 16 where it became the higher ranked ladder team (from memory).

I assume that remains the same to now.

Yeh hence "home ground" is in inverted commas.

Also, isnt what you explained exactly what i just said?

Until 2016 it was based on HA ladder positions, then it was changed to finals winners?

Don't know how it was done. I'm advocating that only the minor premier winning all their finals matches to the Grand Final should have choice of strip. If the minor premier aren't there, or in the example I described, they get there by losing week 1 finals, then it's a coin toss for similars strips, or alteration to shorts that gets the best differentiation and presentation.

Don't know how it was done. I'm advocating that only the minor premier winning all their finals matches to the Grand Final should have choice of strip. If the minor premier aren't there, or in the example I described, they get there by losing week 1 finals, then it's a coin toss for similars strips, or alteration to shorts that gets the best differentiation and presentation.

Nah. I think if the minor premier gets the advantage then it should just be ladder based if they’re not there.

I don’t particularly care though.

It used to be based who won the first prelim, 2016 it was changed (because I think that would have meant the dogs were the home team but Sydney were instead).

Nah. I think if the minor premier gets the advantage then it should just be ladder based if they’re not there.

I don’t particularly care though.

It used to be based who won the first prelim, 2016 it was changed (because I think that would have meant the dogs were the home team but Sydney were instead).
I believe it could be thought of as the top seed from the preliminary final:

Highest ranked Qualifying Final winner is the #1 seed, the other qualifying final winner is the #2 seed. Highest ranked semi final winner is the #3 seed, the other semi winner is the #4 seed.

In the 2016 instance: Both the #1 and #2 seeds lost. Sydney, having finished first were the highest ranked semi final winner so were the #3 seed, Dogs having finished 7th were the lower ranked semi winner and thus the #4 seed.

I believe it could be thought of as the top seed from the preliminary final:

Highest ranked Qualifying Final winner is the #1 seed, the other qualifying final winner is the #2 seed. Highest ranked semi final winner is the #3 seed, the other semi winner is the #4 seed.

In the 2016 instance: Both the #1 and #2 seeds lost. Sydney, having finished first were the highest ranked semi final winner so were the #3 seed, Dogs having finished 7th were the lower ranked semi winner and thus the #4 seed.
Yeh no issue with that either.

Only pointing out the dogs example as I understand that was the year it was changed from being the winner of prelim 1 (which they were).

I don’t really mind what system they use tbh. The advantage literally is which kit you wear which I cgaf about and in reality the afl always tries to have both teams in home kit anyway.

Why did you disagree with my post about the Umpires having to wear something else to not clash with the players?

It's not up to the teams to avoid uniform clashes with the umpires - the Umpires should be wearing colours that don't cause confusion on the field.

Remember when Melbourne wore a Pink and Navy jumper for pink round a few years ago? Players were trying to handball to the umpires because they were also wearing pink!

Using your logic, Melbourne should've been in something else to avoid a clash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back