Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

The only coloured shorts we have is Maroon, wish we had either red or blue shorts to wear for away games.

The game being played in Melbourne is moot. Besides, the full home strip will provide the best differentiation for the match and without having to wear white shorts.

The AFL just needs to assign it - Geelong home guernsey, white shorts, and Brisbane Lions home guernsey, maroon shorts. Even footy supporters try and complicate this shit, saying Brisbane should wear their Fitzroy strip. They do the Fitzroy thing very well during the season, as do Sydney. This is a freakin major final and they're Brisbane Lions.

The game being played in Melbourne is moot. Besides, the full home strip will provide the best differentiation for the match and without having to wear white shorts.

The AFL just needs to assign it - Geelong home guernsey, white shorts, and Brisbane Lions home guernsey, maroon shorts. Even footy supporters try and complicate this shit, saying Brisbane should wear their Fitzroy strip. They do the Fitzroy thing very well during the season, as do Sydney. This is a freakin major final and they're Brisbane Lions.
I agree, personally wearing our home kit against the Cats is the better option regardless of it being played in Melbourne.

The crazy thing is Brisbane literally have 4 different jumpers. Maroon, Red, Yellow and White and none really work, but I reckon Red (Fitzroy) with Blue shorts could work? Even with 4 different coloured jumpers a 5th one Blue or Navy would be best. The great thing for Brisbane is they all look great and the all instantly look like Brisbane, because they’re all the same.
Blue as their clash "cool colour" makes the most sense, rather than using warm colours like yellow when they already have red and maroon uniforms as their warm colours.
101318762_652079002011316_761131787547049984_n.jpg clash blue.JPG

Imagine a 1960’s Fitzroy Brisbane guernsey? Maroon jumper (the 1960’s Fitzroy maroon was slightly different to current Queensland maroon), with slightly darker than royal yoke, white lion, and slightly darker than royal or even black shorts to be authentic to the era. This would be an amazing look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a 1960’s Fitzroy Brisbane guernsey? Maroon jumper (the 1960’s Fitzroy maroon was slightly different to current Queensland maroon), with slightly darker than royal yoke, white lion, and slightly darker than royal or even black shorts to be authentic to the era. This would be an amazing look.
Similar to this?

IMG_20240915_101509_156.jpg IMG_20240915_101512_771.jpg IMG_20240915_101523_833.jpg

In my view the team with more white in their normal home guernsey should be wearing white shorts, irrespective of the venue and ladder position. If neither team has white in their guernsey then the lighter team wears white shorts. If that was considered even then the away team wears white shorts. We're not watching black and white TV anymore.

Ideally this weekend I'd like to see Geelong wear their home guernsey with white shorts and Brisbane their red jumper with blue shorts. Will never happen, but I can dream. Brisbane wearing their home kit with maroon shorts would be ok.

Why do Geelong wear their blue shorts in home games against Brisbane, but white against most other clubs?

View attachment 2111479

I may be wrong but I believe Brisbane don’t actually have red or blue shorts to go with their Fitzroy jumper.

They always wear it with white shorts.

They could just wear the maroon kit, but they don’t.

I may be wrong but I believe Brisbane don’t actually have red or blue shorts to go with their Fitzroy jumper.

They always wear it with white shorts.

They could just wear the maroon kit, but they don’t.
You're correct, we only have maroon and white shorts in our kit line-up. Haven't had blue shorts since Fitzroy existed.

A club like GWS that can't even go close to filling a 23.5k stadium for a final don't deserve any jumper choice rights. Especially when their preferred kit is rubbish.

This is where the league should've just said righto GWS you're in the all dark number you wore last week v Swans, Brissy you're in the yellow, and away we go.

Agreed. Go the full maroon unless we can pull red or blue shorts from somewhere. Stupid that we don't have them

Won’t happen this week, no time, but if the Lions want to wear the Fitzroy strip they should have blue or red shorts available, better than white.

Just so bloody basic from the AFL that each club should have shorts in the predominant guernsey colour. GWS should have had orange shorts last night and Lions could’ve gone full maroon. Just ridiculous.

Home uniform with the dark maroon would have made more sense against GWS's orange.
But GWS front is charcoal and the Maroon would be an issue with that.

I think the outcome was the best possible solution (noting its subjective) but the problem is Brisbane should have a white clash (as all teams) should for that reason.

All teams should have home, away and a third and one of them should be a white variant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back