Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NB fixing Melbournes red is a certainty, Dogs and the 54 jumper is a definite chance.

Well obviously the Melbourne colours will be fixed, if they're not this season.

And as for the Dogs, as much as I would love to see the 54 jumper make a comeback, it won't

Under Armour are on the umpires...does anyone think they will be on a guernsey any time soon?

If they do I hope they do a better job than with the umpires. Like get the cut right, notice the massively baggy sleeves on the green long-sleeve goal umpires. Also need to learn to colour-match. Green socks need to match green shirts, and yellow hats match yellow shirts. Plus, I liked having a little bit of navy on the shirts (down the sleeves, on the sides), this year's look too plain IMO.

Hopefully those in charge will realise the error in their ways and that all Gold Coast teams should be blue and yellow and that the Marlins was the best choice for the name.

They will then bring out a jumper similiar to one of Melbourne's old pre-season jumpers. (The V is supposed to represent a Marlins snout)

(props to footyjumpers.com for the template)

But in reality with Reebok getting out of footy, we will end up with another abomination similiar to this.

Hopefully those in charge will realise the error in their ways and that all Gold Coast teams should be blue and yellow and that the Marlins was the best choice for the name.

They will then bring out a jumper similiar to one of Melbourne's old pre-season jumpers. (The V is supposed to represent a Marlins snout)

But in reality with Reebok getting out of footy, we will end up with another abomination similiar to this.

who designs the jumpers? reebok or someone hired by the team?

Not sure if youre being sarcastic or not but that blue jumper is disgusting. I love gc's home jumper and hope they keep it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if youre being sarcastic or not but that blue jumper is disgusting. I love gc's home jumper and hope they keep it

Unfortuanately for my ego, I wasn't being sarcastic, I though it looked pretty good. I would guess that opposition supporters are more likely to accept the design because they won't have to live with it. Maybe I just can't be pleased, but the sporting colours of the Gold Coast are blue and yellow and yet they chose the horrible combination of red and yellow. The monogram is tacky and outdated already and the jumper represents nothing.

Unfortuanately for my ego, I wasn't being sarcastic, I though it looked pretty good. I would guess that opposition supporters are more likely to accept the design because they won't have to live with it. Maybe I just can't be pleased, but the sporting colours of the Gold Coast are blue and yellow and yet they chose the horrible combination of red and yellow. The monogram is tacky and outdated already and the jumper represents nothing.

I meant no offense I just don't understand why you would want to change their current home guernsey. It doesnt need to represent anything other then the team wearing it. Half the teams in the afl's jumpers don't mean anything. Some do but IMO some of the best guernseys are the plain ones (Carlton, North, Richmond, etc)

I meant no offense I just don't understand why you would want to change their current home guernsey. It doesnt need to represent anything other then the team wearing it. Half the teams in the afl's jumpers don't mean anything. Some do but IMO some of the best guernseys are the plain ones (Carlton, North, Richmond, etc)

Don't worry I have no problem with people saying my jumpers are bad as I am far from a good designer. I probably should have chosen my words better, it doesn't have to represent something, its just that (I know I am getting a bit redundant here) not only is it the wrong colour it's a nothing jumper. Its just a singlet with a terrible monogram on it (in comparison to carlton's excellent one). I agree with you I prefer the simple ones and I would of loved if they just did a re-colour of other teams hoop/sash/stripes etc design.

Brisbane Clash 2012

242szdc.png

Have got a few ideas for each team for the 2012 season:

1. Adelaide Crows -
Home: Simply, get rid of the side panels.
Clash: Personal design based on the 2005 Heritage Jumper. Similar to many designs thrown up here on BF.

AdelaideCrows2012.jpg

2. Brisbane Lions -
Home: Keep the paddle-pop Lion if they must, but refer back to the traditional Brisbane Lions jumper.
Melbourne Jumper: Again, refer back to the first "Melbourne" jumper the Lions wore but with the paddle-pop Lion.
Clash: Similar to lionbear's concept, a throwback idea to the Brisbane Bears first strip, utilising the yellow as an effective clash solution.

BrisbaneLions2012.jpg

*Note, the picture is supposed to say "Melbourne" not "Clash"

3. Carlton Blues -
Home: Same as 2011.
Clash: Not a fan of the 'baby blue' at all! Go back to the clubs traditional colours, Navy and White, with the all white clash strip like the one used from 2007 - 2010.

CarltonBlues2012.jpg

4. Collingwood Magpies -
Home: I don't really mind whether they use Black on White or White on Black. The general opinion of the BF community seems to back the White strip with Black stripes. This strip would be worn in all home games, regardless of opposition.
Away: Simply the opposite to the home. Worn in all away games except against Geelong and North Melbourne.
Clash: Same as this years 2nd clash, worn against Geelong and North Melbourne when Collingwood is the Away team.

CollingwoodMagpies2012.jpg

Just on the Collingwood jumper, I think the Black jumper with White stripes is more logical as the Home. With Black shorts the complete kit is dark where as if they went with the above idea, the Home kit would not be dark, nor light IMO. Its just easier, especially in games against Geelong and NMFC.

5. Essendon Bombers -
Home: Same as 2011.
Clash: Enough with this debacle, Essendon need to provide a sufficient Clash alternative. This jumper would only need to be worn on very few occasions and I think my design (which has been a common opinion of many BF posters) fits the bill perfectly.

EssendonBombers2012.jpg

Credit: footyjumpers.com, sportslogos.net and Gava's 2011 Jumper Guide

More teams to come!

very nice clash jumper for the crows there. they could almost pass as a club founded longer than 20 years ago with a classy kit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back