Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I decided to chuck my little sketch on my template and change the colours up a bit but it didn’t work as well as I thought. The reason it has no logos and the picture is taken off my phone is because I have no internet at the moment.

Also I would like to apologise for the sticker that was in my sketch. Was just a bit of edgy humour that I now realise nobody finds funny and that’s not who I am. Sorry.

But yeah here’s my design. It’s kind of close to Design C they uploaded for fans to vote on their 2016 clash guernsey or something. Not as good though.

e892748329cc74df15be60f015843849.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since the theme of the last few pages seem to be Adelaide, here is an idea for a secondary kit logo, based off of AS Roma's secondary logo. I think in an official sense the Crows still maintain their first logo as a secondary logo for letterheads and the like if my memory serves me correct. I absolutely love the original crow, it has a timeless feel about it. Rather than keep it in the old VFL/AFL club logo shield I though making it a round logo reminiscent of the old SANFL suite of club logos would look better.

Not sure how it would look on a polo but I could see it being used in a similar fashion to how Geelong use their secondary logo on all authentic (Cotton On) merchandise and the primary logo everywhere else.
upload_2017-11-20_17-50-36.png
He's the logo on the jumpers, I actually quite like having a club logo on the jumper when it fits like this. I didn't put it on the preseason jumper idea at the end because it wasn't working for me.
upload_2017-11-20_18-16-36.png

Last edited:
Since the theme of the last few pages seem to be Adelaide, here is an idea for a secondary kit logo, based off of AS Roma's secondary logo. I think in an official sense the Crows still maintain their first logo as a secondary logo for letterheads and the like if my memory serves me correct. I absolutely love the original crow, it has a timeless feel about it. Rather than keep it in the old VFL/AFL club logo shield I though making it a round logo reminiscent of the old SANFL suite of club logos would look better.

Not sure how it would look on a polo but I could see it being used in a similar fashion to how Geelong use their secondary logo on all authentic (Cotton On) merchandise and the primary logo everywhere else.
View attachment 438701
He's the logo on the jumpers, I actually quite like having a club logo on the jumper when it fits like this. I didn't put it on the preseason jumper idea at the end because it wasn't working for me.
View attachment 438706
Personally don't love it, looks pretty tacky and outdated.
Adelaide needs a stand alone strong logo that's recognisable and has potential to be in place for well over a decade.
White Guernsey hoops are too wide and blue away isn't needed.

Logos on jumpers are just clutter and ruin jumpers. They are just as unnecessary as lettering/monograms/words on top of the numbers.
i agree with the logos looking badd on the front of jumpers. but i like words or lettering above the numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally don't love it, looks pretty tacky and outdated.
Adelaide needs a stand alone strong logo that's recognisable and has potential to be in place for well over a decade.
White Guernsey hoops are too wide and blue away isn't needed.

Do you mean the original logo?

I think the original swooping crow was good - but it does need an update with an eye to the future.

I think the fact that none of the AFL ‘bird’ clubs at the moment embrace a flying/swooping/soaring bird logo to be a missed opportunity. Even something that incorporates wings is missing (I’m not including that thing that hung around behind the Eagles head for 18 years).

The current head is...well it’s just awful. It’s not even really instantly recognisable as a bird, let alone a crow. Needs to be binned in a hurry.

Go for something strong, something in flight and something that will draw back to your first emblem without simply reusing it.

This is true, and I did play around with the hoop order but I found having it in the home jumper order simply made it look like a Fitzroy rip-off the way the navy yoke goes into a red jumper. So I added a hoop, but still had the top hoop gold as a compromise so the subsequent hoops match the navy, red and gold order. Also allowed the hoops to flow over to the back similar to the style of the old Crows logo...albeit upside down. Sometimes the design needs to break exact conventions to look good.

What would yellow and white versions look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back