MRP / Trib. Junior Rioli hit on Jordan Ridley

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve said he will be getting a suspension from post one.

It’s the impact I’ve been discussing from day dot.

Severe down to high is reasonable. Ok medium may have been going to far as originally stated (even though it was actually light as a feather) but high is where it should be.
You were told this repeatedly.

As I said, nice you came around to common sense.

Glancing blow or not it's still high

I got knocked out once on the footy field and it was a glancing blow from behind

I've had my nose obliterated from the front from footy and it wasn't as bad an impact and outcome as the KO

The thought of the smelling salts makes me want to BLECHHHH - what a horrible experience that was

Sneaky edit - remembered your whole team was juiced up?
Remember when you lost a Grand Final by more than any other team in history? About as relevant as your cheap shot there

So if high impact is the common sense conclusion even by you, why is it being debated as severe impact?

Clearly you also don’t agree with the MRO then.

Edit: just saw it was downgraded
No. I didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So severe down to high. Probably the best result possible for port. Once again the MRO failing at his job, given the tribunal stated that “force as well as injury must be taken into account”. Like I said earlier, no one could look at that contact and equate it to severe impact. It just wasn’t.

Remember when you lost a Grand Final by more than any other team in history? About as relevant as your cheap shot there

Remember how you haven't won a final in a record number of years, lost 2 CEOs in 48 hours, come out the other end with a false dawn and started puffing your chest out, but now that you realize its a false dawn, you start flailing around attacking everyone. See the past few days:

• We would have won if Ridley hadn't gone down - despite losing pretty much every important metric that has nothing to do with a KPD.
  • Rioli is just a dirty sniper - despite their being footage of the event which doesn't even conclusively show contact to the head (i.e it was incredibly light) and despite being shown a dirtier example by one of your players in the same game - only response - tehehe
  • Having some dud poster have a crack at Rioli being juiced up when your club ran a systematic doping regime.
  • having a crack at club success and finals performances when you can't win a final, and even in our early 2000s choking era, we counted on beating Essendon in semi finals to avoid the dreaded straight sets exit (thanks by the way, you saved us twice and probably contributed to our flag).

You do understand that these sorts of statements make your supporter base look foolish yeah?

Remember how you haven't won a final in a record number of years, lost 2 CEOs in 48 hours, come out the other end with a false dawn and started puffing your chest out, but now that you realize its a false dawn, you start flailing around attacking everyone. See the past few days:

• We would have won if Ridley hadn't gone down - despite losing pretty much every important metric that has nothing to do with a KPD.
  • Rioli is just a dirty sniper - despite their being footage of the event which doesn't even conclusively show contact to the head (i.e it was incredibly light) and despite being shown a dirtier example by one of your players in the same game - only response - tehehe
  • Having some dud poster have a crack at Rioli being juiced up when your club ran a systematic doping regime.
  • having a crack at club success and finals performances when you can't win a final, and even in our early 2000s choking era, we counted on beating Essendon in semi finals to avoid the dreaded straight sets exit (thanks by the way, you saved us twice and probably contributed to our flag).

You do understand that these sorts of statements make your supporter base look foolish yeah?
I mean that was his point so well done for agreeing with him I guess.

I'm shocked that the Ridley was clumsy and ran into Rioli's arm argument didn't work out.

The MRP make it up as they go so it was worth a shot. 2 Weeks for a guy with concussion is pretty much tacit admission that the jury read the tea leaves and understood a suspension was expected but didn't like hanging a bloke for something they would have done 100 times a game even 5 years ago. Realistically it should have been 0 or 4-6 by their own rules, but 2 keeps everyone happy.

Interesting post in a MRP thread.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuurely you’ve got a better way to spend your time than typing this out.

Scratch that, I also wasted my time reading it. We both suck.

Something is wrong with the system when you can concuss a player and only miss one more game than the player you concussed.

Not specifically talking about this case before the Port zealots jump in.

Will Day gets 2 weeks for a dangerous tackle,
Kozzy Pickett tries to kill a bloke and gets the same.

David King bought up a suggestion last year where if you concuss a person, you get a minimum of 4 weeks.

I don't know if that's the answer but it's all over the shop.

2 weeks for an off the ball ‘block’ that knocked a player out. Joke.

Meanwhile you tackle someone who has the ball accidentally knock them out and get 4 weeks

Why am I even surprised.

Welcome to this weeks edition of MRP / Tribunal Chook Lotto.

“What will they punish or forgive, this week ? “.

Started the season badly with their adjudication on the Pickett “flying bump”, and it’s been WTF ever since.

I read Rioli refered to as "Marijuana Piss" on the Bombers board and it is now my favourite nickname for an AFL player.

Very glad the drug-dealing juiced-up sniper won't be playing against Melbourne Demons in a couple of weeks.

MRP / Trib. Junior Rioli hit on Jordan Ridley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back