just how good is scully?

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand where you are all comming from exactly and Bf is a place of many bold statements by many people and usually wrong i may be just another one .Comparisons are unfair and very hard to do each individual is very different to the next.A year is long time in footy, kids change over 12 months blah blah blah
But......on Tom Scully there is no doubt in my mind what so ever that this kid is the best talent to come through the system in years ...my opinion i am not asking anyone to agree . I stand by it on the back of my expierience having watched under16-18 football carnivals and competitions for twelve consecutive years watching all states and a host of different competitions (not every game) . This kid is the best talent I have seen in my opinion.
And please bookmark it I stand by every word .If he did his knee tommorrow he will be no1 or I wont ever post on big footy again.

looks like you'll be posting for a while longer mate

sportz1 , great call.

Vinnie not so much.

Why?

Still no way near as clear as people think. Trengrove has pretty muched leveled up to Scully in terms of hype, had a better carnival than Scully and is playing senior football already.

Lucas played the carnival out of the forward line to ensure the likes of Hutchings, Colyer and Collica all got exposure to get drafted, WA still beat SA and Vic Metro dispite playing our two best midfielders on the flanks.

Lucas has allot to like about him, 188cm, strong mark, quick, great skills, duel sided and great endurance. His improved his game allot this year and is too good to play colts football week in and week out but too undersized to get allot of game time in the middle at WAFL level.

Then there is Morabito, a total wild card. Exposive, utility, who has gained a fashionable level of consistency this season. He chops games up with 16 touches and he will get allot more of the ball once he gets into the AFL system.

Why?

Still no way near as clear as people think. Trengrove has pretty muched leveled up to Scully in terms of hype, had a better carnival than Scully and is playing senior football already.

What would you know about Scully ? And Trengove didn't have a better carnival than Scully. Scully was named as Vic Metro's best player in 3 of the 5 games and in the best in another. He was also heavily tagged in every game. Despite being tagged at Etihad by SA he still racked up 29 possessions to be Vic Metro's best. Trengove won 15 possessions that day.

Scully is the best junior footballer in Australia followed by Trengove and Morabito.

Played against both. Both have massive motors and can go all day. Both are extremely smart around contest with there hands. Scully seems stronger and wins more hardball lays more tackles. Tredngove is much better at going forward and kicking goals. I would say Trengoves kick is a little bit better than Scully but both still very good.

If it were up to me i would have Scully at Richmond because he wins his own ball very well.

What would you know about Scully ? And Trengove didn't have a better carnival than Scully. Scully was named as Vic Metro's best player in 3 of the 5 games and in the best in another. He was also heavily tagged in every game. Despite being tagged at Etihad by SA he still racked up 29 possessions to be Vic Metro's best. Trengove won 15 possessions that day.

Scully is the best junior footballer in Australia followed by Trengove and Morabito.
Not even in Melbourne colours and already defensive...

Not even in Melbourne colours and already defensive...

The key is ' The Best Junior Footballer in Australia '.

This doesn't automatically mean that he will be the best Senior footballer.

Trengrove had a better carnival than Scully from what i was witness too, i watched both play at Subiaco and Trengrove while vanilla was very effective, Scully while slippery and hard working had a lesser impact.

Scully being declared the "the best talent to come through the system in years" is a pretty rediculas statement considering the talent that came through in 2008 and the talent that will be in the 2010 draft. One can however be confident that he is at this stage the best midfielder in the 2009 draft. Final judgement will be given years down the road, one can be reasonably confident that the #1 pick will be a damn good player.

It's pefectly acceptable to suggest that other players like Morabito, Trengrove, Lucas, Stevens ect... could end up being the true number one pick.

I think Darling and Swallow are the best junior footballers in Australia.

I think Darling and Swallow are the best junior footballers in Australia.

I don't.

I saw Trengove and Morabito at the Dome and was very impressed by both. I'd be quite happy with either at pick 2. Saying that Trengove had a better Carnival than Scully because you saw both in one match at Subiaco is drawing a long bow.

Btw, it's Trengove - there's no 'r'.

Swallow->Moribito->Duncan->------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scully and trengrove.

Are people for real?, david swallow is 16, I went and watched him play for east fremantle in the WAFL, kicked a goal with his first kick, ran around ppl, he is the real deal.

at the 18's carnival he hurt ppl, he was never beaten 1 on 1....and HES FUKING 16.

swallow is 6,3 and would hurt scully for both height, speed and size. He would smash him on the ball........AND HE IS ONLY 16

I don't.

I saw Trengove and Morabito at the Dome and was very impressed by both. I'd be quite happy with either at pick 2. Saying that Trengove had a better Carnival than Scully because you saw both in one match at Subiaco is drawing a long bow.

WOW i saw all of WA's game, David Swallow had to pay his dues to the older boys, but anytime a game was there to be won, he was put in the middle.

He won the larke medal at 16.....crazy, his carnival was better than Scully's...and hes fuking 16, alot taller than sculler, quicker and a better mark, kick at goal and hes playing WAFL and has been in the BEST everygame for east fremantle...

this draft will be weak compared to 2010. the only player worth mentioning is Moribito.

Sorry how old is Swallow? Didn't quite catch it the 15th time you said...

:) Just ensuring that ppl remember that this year will be a shallow draft year and Trengrove and Scully will be 'weak' number 1's or 2's. The 18's carnival showed us that the real talent was in the 16 year olds.

Did i mention David S was one of them:)

The Larke Medal was not won by Scully or trengrove,

both players are good for an average draft year. Good luck to Melbourne with either, I would not bet my future on those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow->Moribito->Duncan->------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scully and trengrove.

Are people for real?, david swallow is 16, I went and watched him play for east fremantle in the WAFL, kicked a goal with his first kick, ran around ppl, he is the real deal.

at the 18's carnival he hurt ppl, he was never beaten 1 on 1....and HES FUKING 16.

swallow is 6,3 and would hurt scully for both height, speed and size. He would smash him on the ball........AND HE IS ONLY 16

and he will go to GCFC

Yep Darling and Swallow would likely be pick 1 and 2 this year (MFC would be insane if they hypothetically picked Scully above either) but instead off to the GC, damn drafting age changes robbing us of picks:eek:.

Would Swallow still have been to young anyway??

I feel sorry for Melbourne having to pick up scully or trengrove, weak possible Number 1's
Mate im sorry but you have no idea what your talking about when comparing scully. All you would have seen of him was that game on t.v were he was injured early.

Ive actually seen him play and played against him, the kid is superstar and dominates jnr level.

Dont worry demon fans, scully is a ripper.

Also ive herd Trengove has dominated and played in the best for sturt.

I don't.

Thats because you have never seen these two more than once.

Swallow would be number 1 this year I have no doubt about that.

I believe Gary Burleigh feels the same way too. :)

I would genuinely LOL if Scully didn't go number one or two and the Demons fans just jump off as quickly as they did with Naitanui and Rich. Scully WILL go number one as all recruiters read and follow BigFooty like it's gospel so you can be gaunrenteed he'll either be the best player of all time or at least the second best behind Jack Watts.

FWIW it's worth I think Trengove will be the best player from this draft with Lucas up there also. Scully goes to ground too easily.

I can't find the quote, but I'm fairly sure that Matt Rendell said something about Scully being overrated when he was interviewed during the National Championships carnival.

That said, I've never seen any of the players in question so I'm not giving my own opinion here - only reporting what I read/heard elsewhere. I'm also making no judgement as to how Scully measures up against the other kids in the draft.

On other boards they are already claiming to pwn people using him.

For example, according to trav_20 here, Scully is a better AFL senior footballer than Jack Ziebell.

Why would that surprise you ? They played in the same Champs last year and Scully also made AA. Scully looks to be the standout mid in his draft year and as one recruiting manager peronally told me "Scully is the best junior in Australia and daylight is second." Albeit, that comment was made before the Champs.

I saw Ziebell at Casey Fields and TD last year during the Carnival and have seen him at AFL level. He's a good player, but Scully is a level higher.

You'll find out soon enough.

On other boards they are already claiming to pwn people using him.

For example, according to trav_20 here, Scully is a better AFL senior footballer than Jack Ziebell.
They are actually very close mates with each other and have been since under 12s. Both are good but I have been watching junior footy for years and Scully is the best junior player I have seen. I have seen him play 15 times and most were of a very high standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

just how good is scully?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back