Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys

Well in fairness they wanted Roos.

They completely cocked up the Voss sacking and the approach to Roos, hopefully they have got this decision correct.

By all accounts he (Leppa) is a good operator, so if he can persuade a few of the kids to stay he'll have made a bloody good start.

I always thought it was interesting that after Matthews told Voss he should do his apprenticeship outside the club he was happy to take Lepper on as an assistant.

Well done Leper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it actually been explained why Voss was sacked?

Not completely publicly, but the cliffs notes are that Angus Johnson thought he could get Roos and conveyed that to the board who decided not to renew Voss's contract. Nek minnit, no Roos and Angus Johnson's days are numbered. That's a topic for plenty of other threads though.

I hope he does well, however I'd be worried that he's going into a club with quite a few issues at the moment.

From the outside it appears there are issues at board level, as well as something not being right in the playing group with players wanting out. I think the key is going to be getting the right support group in place .... so the overall success of the appointment won't just come down to Justin, but what team can be assembled. Would Leigh Matthews put his hand up to help in a similar fashion to Blightly at Gold Coast - as you have one asset right there.

Fair whack to Voss... we'll take an untried bloke over you.
Untried as a Senior coach, yes.

But has served a long apprenticeship, something Voss didn't do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back