Justin Leppitsch - New Brisbane Lions Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another flavour of the month assistant coach that will be on the coaching scrap heap in 2 years time.

Angus Johnson...

6ySUKdD.gif

It's an interesting call to go with an untried club legend with a comparably brief career as an assistant, but I hope it pays off for him.

7 years is pretty good, served under Lethal (2 years), Voss (1 year) and Hardwick (4 years).

More experience than Adam Simpson who is considered a coach in waiting.

Good luck. 'Now change your guernsey back! :D
That is also in progress :)

Richmond were in a somewhat similar mess to where Brisbane are now, when Leppa arrived there. Coach had been sacked, a rebuild had gone somewhat awry. Not suggesting for a second he single handedly solved their problems but he has been witness to them getting back on the rails in a big way.

May have been why his presentation was more impressive than Leigh Tudor who is a highly regarded assistant but has generally arrived at clubs when they were in premiership contention.

I think you should always recruit young untried coaches who were not past players, then it isn't so bad if you have get the shotgun and blanket out. if Voss was some dude from another club would they have waited this long to unload with both barrels?

This is a disastrous move.

Love these sorts of grand declarations with no substantiation whatsoever.

Purpose built so they can bump it to gloat if Leppitsch doesn't work out or completely pretend they never made the post if Leppitsch succeeds.

I think you should always recruit young untried coaches who were not past players, then it isn't so bad if you have get the shotgun and blanket out.

I think you should make decisions that are based on the upside and potential for success rather than the worrying about the PR situation if it goes balls up.

If Leppitsch was the best candidate at the end of the process, then he is the right appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not suggesting for a second he single handedly solved their problems but he has been witness to them getting back on the rails in a big way.

Hmmm... that's slightly premature.

Don't know what to think of the appointment... very much a "wait and see" proposition.

Don't know what to think of the appointment... very much a "wait and see" proposition.

Reckon every coaching appointment is a "Wait and see" proposition. Anyone who makes definitive predictions in advance is purely guessing.

Even if we got Roos there are no guarantees. Especially if it took a large salary to recruit him which would have meant sacrifices elsewhere in the footy department.

I don't see the point... :confused:

A thorough analysis of the situation with well integrated peer reviewed evidence. Felt it was a little long though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back