Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does having a premiership as player make sense for a coaching appointment. Clarkson won zero premierships as a player. Same with Luke Beveridge or further back Paul Roos. Meanwhile Leppitsch, Voss, Brad Scott, all multiple premiership winners
Millie Bobby Brown Wow GIF by Converse

Why does having a premiership as player make sense for a coaching appointment. Clarkson won zero premierships as a player. Same with Luke Beveridge or further back Paul Roos. Meanwhile Leppitsch, Voss, Brad Scott, all multiple premiership winners

You answered it yourself. What's the difference between the list of coaches you mentioned and JLo?
Clarkson, Beveridge and Roos had all coached flags at the same stage of their coaching career.

You answered it yourself. What's the difference between the list of coaches you mentioned and JLo?
Clarkson, Beveridge and Roos had all coached flags at the same stage of their coaching career.
That wasn't the point of my question.

Longmuir has won as many premiership as Lyon. Longmuir doesn't have a sexual harassment allegation against him, nor a string of former players taking their own lives.

Not IMO when they were either mismanaged with their returns (Pearce), played injured (Darcy), and replacement selections have been botched.
Don’t you think JL would have been relying on the advice of the medics re Pearce?

I don’t disagree the ruck selection was botched but I don’t think that negates that we probably only needed one of Treacy, Pearce, Darcy in the last few games and we get one more win & we’re in. I think it’s a little unfair to say it’s a fail when circumstances have at times conspired & we’re one win off.

Hell, all it needed was the umpires not to completely fail to spot a touched ball against Carlton and we’re probably in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was they had their dual Coleman medalists out and a bunch of other key players out this choke is on the coach .

Yeah and they'd lost 5 of their last 6 until they ran into one of the most insipid outfits of the modern era. And the other win in that 6 was the other most insipid outfit of the modern era.

Really weird example to be holding up as your shining light.

Is there any mitigation in losing the 3 key pillars of your spine at the business end?
Not if you keep failing to address blowing games you are leading with the siren in sight with or without said three players. Yes, unlucky re personell. Other clubs cope with it.

Yeah and they'd lost 5 of their last 6 until they ran into one of the most insipid outfits of the modern era. And the other win in that 6 was the other most insipid outfit of the modern era.

Really weird example to be holding up as your shining light.
What are you on about ? the poster i was responding to was talking about our key outs, Carlton beat someone they had to with half a team out, the same team we couldn’t beat with our key players in which will probably be one of the key factors in us missing finals, do you disagree with that.

What are you on about ? the poster i was responding to was talking about our key outs, Carlton beat someone they had to with half a team out, the same team we couldn’t beat with our key players in which will probably be one of the key factors in us missing finals, do you disagree with that.

Yes after they spent the previous month losing to every team they came up against once they started getting injuries. Why couldn't they get it done then if they're such an inspiring example?

Because they weren't playing one of the worst teams in history, that's why. A bit different from us trying to beat top 4 teams like Geelong and GWS without our key players.

Did you watch that game last week? The eagles couldn't have put up less of a fight if they'd showed up to the wrong ground. There was nothing meritorious about Carlton's effort.

It’s a fallacy sometimes brought up in the media ala Worsfold telling Brad Hardie live on radio that he doesn’t know what it tales to win a premiership because he never won one in the AFL, ergo you need to be a premiership player or a coach to be able to win one 😂
Bit of a catch 22

He’s had 5 years and 4 of those years we’ve missed finals. How many of the same re-occurring issues have cost us this season?

Any other club and he’d be gone but knowing Freo they’ll re-sign him for another 5 years because they celebrate mediocrity and “close enough is good enough” for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back