Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

My views on JL’s future based on next season:

Top 6 finish - extension well deserved
7th-8th finish - extension probably merited
Miss finals - gone

I think we’re far from certainties to make finals, especially in such an even competition.

I agree with others who don’t believe he should be extended prior to next season.

Basically, the jury is still out on JL in my view and 2025 is make or break time.

We just hired a guy who came 2nd to him for the job and gave up some good picks in a deep draft for the factor/missing piece. No excuses from here, we may throw him another year but that won’t be enough to keep him if we miss finals. Even if we make finals and get blown away week 1 he will still probably get his marching orders.

Needs to win a final or 2.

Mid-season extension if warranted.

Couldn’t give 2 knobs of goat shit about media scrutiny…win games and that takes care of itself.

This list plays finals ….to be honest I’m not looking at just squeaking into 8 …we should get a favourable draw and to me our greatest weakness is kicking scores - 10th in scoring is not good enough.

The biggest change is we need is to our game plan….I think JLo and crew are capable and we’ll get natural growth from guys like Amiss & Johnson.

My great hope is that the impact of Bolton’s arrival will be far greater than just his input.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back