Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Now hear me out….

JL doesn’t appear to have the X factor to take this very promising group to the pinnacle, would it be silly to go for Ken Hinkley, who probably won’t be coaching Port next season. I know Kern hasn’t got them a flag but he has consistently put them in a position to at least have a genuine crack. I reckon he’d jump at the Freo job if given a 4 year deal.

I reckon he would get us into finals and challenging for the flag more than JL would.

Just a thought…
**** no.

I couldn't endure what the Port fans have.

4 weeks ago when we were sitting 3rd bet you were loving the game style it obviously works we were 3rd. The problem where the season went to shit is Treacy got injured and Pearce got injured and Darcy is just a fat **** who’s always injured and we have no one to replace them with. Those 3 play these last 4 games we are 2nd on the ladder. That’s the difference

Nope, I thought the same thing I do now. The game style - whilst looking a million bucks when things are going well - goes completely to shit when the opposition turns the heat up. We simply overuse the ball, and its the reason we lost again today.
We may well have won a couple of our last 4 games if we had our best 22 out there, but the underlying problem remains. And if we don't do something about it pretty ****en quick smart we could waste the best list we've ever had.

You know you can be proud of how you played and angry that you lost. I’m pissed we missed finals but to say we played shit that’s just wrong we played some flipping good footy just aren’t good enough for long enough. If we don’t make top 4 or at least a semi next year I’d be happy to sack JL but it’s just reactionary to want him gone this year
Our list is top 8 quality. We should be playing finals.

What, consistent finals appearances? Poor souls those port fans….

What, finals experience?

Much better to be a team that's main focus is the draft every year.
Consistently bottling finals? That's torture. To know your good enough but that you won't win.

If you're chasing someone who's been in the game 12 years I at least want a GF appearance or two. Realistcally, I wouldn't chase an experienced coach without a flag.

That's my opinion, you're welcome to your own.

Consistently bottling finals? That's torture. To know your good enough but that you won't win.

If you're chasing someone who's been in the game 12 years I at least want a GF appearance or two. Realistcally, I wouldn't chase an experienced coach without a flag.

If Hinkley breaks through this year, will you change your tune? Because honestly I’d prefer frustrating competitiveness over the meek stuff we’re getting now

Yes you’re entitled to you opinion and I respect that…

Would you take Nathan Buckley?

We overuse the handball.
For a bloke who has a playing career where the greatest highlight is running and leaping into the Freo crowd after he kicked a goal after the siren to win the game, JLo sure has a weird obsession with handball.

And with selecting washed up nothings like JOM, Banfield and Aish ahead of any younger or less highly paid players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know you can be proud of how you played and angry that you lost. I’m pissed we missed finals but to say we played shit that’s just wrong we played some flipping good footy just aren’t good enough for long enough. If we don’t make top 4 or at least a semi next year I’d be happy to sack JL but it’s just reactionary to want him gone this year
We missed finals last year. This year is rinse and repeat. He shouldn’t get another chance, we have played 1 final in 5 years because we had a soft draw and we were taken lightly in 2022.

Put him in a tube and jettison toward the sun

4 weeks ago when we were sitting 3rd bet you were loving the game style it obviously works we were 3rd. The problem where the season went to shit is Treacy got injured and Pearce got injured and Darcy is just a fat **** who’s always injured and we have no one to replace them with. Those 3 play these last 4 games we are 2nd on the ladder. That’s the difference
Depth development is on the coach. We should be able to cover injuries. We had **** all before that and still lost games

A team of champions, or a champion team.

I've supported this club since before day 1, over 31 years of effort, more than half my life.

And this bloke has wasted 5 of the best years of talent we have had, especially young talent.

Just so numbing to see him act like he doesn't care really and everything will just be fine because JOM, Banfield, Switta, Cox and Luke Jackson are all going to be much better next year.

His selections, gameday coaching and roster management are absolute rubbish, watch us trade away four first rounders for Bolton, like we have learned nothing from the failures of Croad/Tarrant/Hogan/Sylvia/Lobb etc. Just going to get so much worse before it gets better.

I've supported this club since before day 1, over 31 years of effort, more than half my life.

And this bloke has wasted 5 of the best years of talent we have had, especially young talent.

Just so numbing to see him act like he doesn't care really and everything will just be fine because JOM, Banfield, Switta, Cox and Luke Jackson are all going to be much better next year.

His selections, gameday coaching and roster management are absolute rubbish, watch us trade away four first rounders for Bolton, like we have learned nothing from the failures of Croad/Tarrant/Hogan/Sylvia/Lobb etc. Just going to get so much worse before it gets better.

We informed Andrew Mcleod he wasnt good enough though... We dodged a bullet there at least. :$

Watch a few minutes of this if you want to know what it takes to win a big time finals in this league. Ferocious, unrelenting, no-holds-barred pressure.

Then ask yourself - will a Justin Longmuir coached team ever come out and play with this level of sustained aggression and intensity against an elite opponent in a game of this magnitude?

Five years of JL tells me the answer is a resounding no.

What’s the point of securing 3 first round players so they can sit at Peel for the next 2 years and then request a trade?

We have no depth because the coach doesn’t play anyone but his favourites

like we have learned nothing from the failures of Croad/Tarrant/Hogan/Sylvia/Lobb
Agree with what you said, but all of the above bar Sylvia are quality but we didn’t get the best out of them… Imagine if JL was able to nurture Hogan and get him to boot goals for fun or think outside the square and identify Lobb as a decent intercept marking defender…

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back