Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a problem with JLo’s experience level at all. He’s a big boy now and he’s had plenty of experience under different coaches including 2 years as the senior assistant to Simpson. I dare say he’s fairly senior within the Pies set up too. He’s worked for 10 years to get this opportunity.

Rock and Hale will offer good support too.

Re Clarkson - that’s what everyone said when we got Lyon....

Hale stays assistant at Clarkson’s request. Hill decides to stay because why would he want to be anywhere else now 😁
Yeah and Cripps sees the light and wants to come back to WA bringing SPS with him and the fairies dance in a circle blessing us to 10 straight flags...

I don’t have a problem with JLo’s experience level at all. He’s a big boy now and he’s had plenty of experience under different coaches including 2 years as the senior assistant to Simpson. I dare say he’s fairly senior within the Pies set up too. He’s worked for 10 years to get this opportunity.

Rock and Hale will offer good support too.
Agree on JLo, however he'd want to know the assistants he has working with him. Best guess is Hale stays and 2 others are brought in. Prior probably stays as well.

As some posters have said i'd prefer we had our coach in place by the middle of August. That would give him 2 to 3 weeks to assess where guys are at on the list and what potential target we would have in trade week etc.

I think leaving it later than that means we are relying totally on Bell. I don't think its beyond Bell to effectively work in this space but his ideas and that of the new coach may not totally align.

As some posters have said i'd prefer we had our coach in place by the middle of August. That would give him 2 to 3 weeks to assess where guys are at on the list and what potential target we would have in trade week etc.

I think leaving it later than that means we are relying totally on Bell. I don't think its beyond Bell to effectively work in this space but his ideas and that of the new coach may not totally align.
Isn't past the middle of August now? .Do You mean the middle of September?

Then we need to get this guy on the selection panel ASAP! :)

Edit: what Fyfster said.

Agree on JLo, however he'd want to know the assistants he has working with him. Best guess is Hale stays and 2 others are brought in. Prior probably stays as well.
Hale has had special mention from Fyfe and a couple of others when they've been discussing what's helped them or who is primed to be a head coach. Sounds like he's struck a chord and has really added something with the players.

It'd be good to have that continuity with Hale and Rock staying on helping mitigate in some way the disruption of replacing the head coach, especially if it's a rookie coach we get.

Is Brendon Bolton still out of a job? I'd look at him for a senior assistant/development coach position.
Bolton could be an intersting prospect as some form of development coach/assistant coach. Does have a young family however so it would depend on if anyone else came knocking in Victoria as im sure that would be his choice.

Anybody else starting to think the Dockers have lined up a current Senior Coach?

I mean, if there has not been any contact with current assistants so far, it does seem unusual they haven't at least started contacting the obvious candidates like JLo etc. The regular season has finished and there is a break now so you would think it should be go time to approach assistants.

Could it really be a current coach that is still in finals or maybe missed finals but possibly on the way out with their current club?

Just a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else starting to think the Dockers have lined up a current Senior Coach?

I mean, if there has not been any contact with current assistants so far, it does seem unusual they haven't at least started contacting the obvious candidates like JLo etc. The regular season has finished and there is a break now so you would think it should be go time to approach assistants.

Could it really be a current coach that is still in finals or maybe missed finals but possibly on the way out with their current club?

Just a thought.
Yeah thats what makes me think Woosha

Aren't they part of the problem or will they be able to grow and improve now they are no longer under Lyon.

They are. Quite strange how the most passive aggressive Anti-Lyon poster wants to actually keep the useless, Lyon "Yes Man" assistant in Rock.

He should be banished to coaching his kids in the backyard.

Is Brendon Bolton still out of a job? I'd look at him for a senior assistant/development coach position.
ruck coach? :cool:
Stewie Dew the fitness coach? :moustache:
Scott Camporeale the tackling coach? :p
Greg Williams the running coach? :'(
James Manson the kicking coach? :think:
any more? 🕺

Need to think outside the box. We want smart people who have experience running a club. Instead of going for assistant coaches alone, we should target GM’s who have coaching experience like Brisbane did with Chris Fagan.

Simon Lloyd. Currently GM at Geelong. Was a development coach/assistant coach at Freo during our successful period (2010-2015) Lloyd recently completed the AFL’s level four senior coaching program.

David Noble. Currently GM at Brisbane. Was an assistant at the Bulldogs. List manager and then GM of Adelaide. AFL pouch him to fix Brisbane. He hired Hawthorn’s GM Chris Fagan to be Brisbane’s head coach.
Simon Lloyd would be e great get except I`m not sure if he has coached his own team prior to coming to Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back