Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Damien Eves?? He worked with Alcock at the building company, that's not very independent
Yeah I looked him up, and there isnt much to find. Basically seems to be Alcock's right hand man. Not very independent indeed...

Newsflash: You're some random on the internet, sorry but you and a bar of soap have the same credibility. Gossipy type posts ain't gonna cut it in the evidence stakes. Plus it's over now. Might be a good time to let it go.
Aww c'mon mate don't be like that. I might've even met you if you were at the meetup before the '13 grand final in Carlton. lol

Yeah I looked him up, and there isnt much to find. Basically seems to be Alcock's right hand man. Not very independent indeed...

And not really convinced bringing in McPharlin will make that much of a difference, feels like a token inclusion. Looking for individuals with strong relevant credentials external from the club would have been the better approach, not people that will act as yes men to Alcock.

And not really convinced bringing in McPharlin will make that much of a difference, feels like a token inclusion. Looking for individuals with strong relevant credentials external from the club would have been the better approach, not people that will act as yes men to Alcock.

Agreed. Happy to have Luke Mac, as a club great and smart guy but just Not sure what Dale Alcock’s business partner brings to the table.

St Kilda have included the AFL Head of Coaching, I think David Rath, on their selection committee.Would have liked to see something like that.

Agreed. Happy to have Luke Mac, as a club great and smart guy but just Not sure what Dale Alcock’s business partner brings to the table.

St Kilda have included the AFL Head of Coaching, I think David Rath, on their selection committee.Would have liked to see something like that.
I think Eves is probably there to make sure proper process is followed. Agreed it’s not a good look but I doubt he will have any impact into the final choice. He will act more as a facilitator.

Can we afford to have Justin Longmuir or Peter Sumich as Senior Coach and John Worsfold as his Senior Assistant?

Bought my charity raffle ticket in Fremantle today, the Dockers lad seemed to think signs were pointing to Suma as he 'has definitely been interviewed' for the job with a possible offer.

Are those raffle sellers actual employees or just rake-ins off the street?

Bought my charity raffle ticket in Fremantle today, the Dockers lad seemed to think signs were pointing to Suma as he 'has definitely been interviewed' for the job with a possible offer.

Dude is probably read it on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually want JLo for head coach, but am weary of how green he is in the top role.
I think we need a director of coaching appointed as well to guide him, especially in this 2 horse town.
Now who that would be I'm not sure, but preferably someone with experience in that position.
Every coach started off green.

Is he up to it?

Fair enough. I usually include our cleaners and the lady that maintains the indoors plants in our director's meetings so that they are kept in the loop about what major decisions we are making in our company.:p

Every coach started off green.

Is he up to it?
I think he has the potential. One question for me is does he have a thick enough skin to be the head coach of the 2nd team in a 1 team town, particularly if Hardly and Hags get their backs up from day 1 about their mate missing out again.

My preference is JLo over Woosha, but if nothing else, wonder if Bell sees Woosha as a solution to give the club some slack while the young team builds - can't see the media going too hard at WC's favorite son

I think he has the potential. One question for me is does he have a thick enough skin to be the head coach of the 2nd team in a 1 team town, particularly if Hardly and Hags get their backs up from day 1 about their mate missing out again.

My preference is JLo over Woosha, but if nothing else, wonder if Bell sees Woosha as a solution to give the club some slack while the young team builds - can't see the media going too hard at WC's favorite son

Ha JL won’t give two rats what those clowns think....
it’s in there best interest not to start on there bad side because opposition stations get the media interviews/news and will get ignored. The only reason they still have a segment is because they kept on about Rossy getting the bullet which appealed to a lot of listeners. They bring up the Sumich crap again and they’ll be starting up a podcast because there unemployed.

Either way, doubt they would know.

If you are looking for a reason to justify your dislike of Lyon then it is fine to accept information confirming your bias from whatever source you like, but that doesn't make it right. I choose to believe people who I trust, and that does NOT include the moronic glee club at 6pr or "someone who knows someone" at the club - how does that add any insight? My friend met Lyon as she was walking her dog one morning and the dog barked at Lyon - she swears the dog is a good judge of character so I can't ignore that piece of vital evidence.

I am sure Ross was not an easy guy to work with at times, but some of the best people I have ever worked with could be difficult at times. The vast majority of people who have been closely associated with him speak glowingly of him as a coach and a person. These are good people who know the guy, not anonymous sources or radio shock jocks.

So is it burying your head in the sand to ignore a biased WA media and an unnamed "source" or is burying your head in the sand ignoring the many, many good people who have Ross' back - quality people like Reiwoldt, Dal Santo, Pavlich and Fyfe. You go with Haggers, I'll go with Pav ;)

Take a deep breath. It's an internet forum.

His character is irrelevant. Results are. 4 losing seasons without finals in a row is unacceptable.

For what it's worth I work with someone directly related to a current Docker player. This person is an old-school tragic Freo' supporter like myself. The anecdotal account I have heard tells of a club in chaos behind the scenes at some levels, good in others and Lyon not as popular amongst all players as made out by the media love. Apparently Brad Hill wanted to leave as early as his first season playing at Freo because Freo basket case behind the scenes in comparison to Hawthorn. I'm just another poster on a team forum - read into what you will.

What sticks with me is why can't Freo get things right when the scum up the road can continually be strong like the Melbourne Storm in league. I don't like it but you have to be honest and look at why Freo footy club is so troubled. (at this point if we could steal Nisbett away from West Coast for CEO I would).

For what it's worth Ross lost me after the Geelong away loss last year.

I don't care where the new coach is from - I just want someone who will create a competitive team, deliver wins through getting the playing group onside and buying in... and improved player skills would be nice.

Last edited:
Take a deep breath. It's an internet forum.

His character is irrelevant. Results are. 4 losing seasons without finals in a row is unacceptable.

For what it's worth I work with someone directly related to a current Docker player. This person is an old-school tragic Freo' supporter like myself. The anecdotal account I have heard tells of a club in chaos behind the scenes at some levels, good in others and Lyon not as popular amongst all players as made out by the media love. Apparently Brad Hill wanted to leave as early as his first season playing at Freo because Freo basket case behind the scenes in comparison to Hawthorn. I'm just another poster on a team forum - read into what you will.

What sticks with me is why can't Freo get things right when the scum up the road can continually be strong like the Melbourne Storm in league. I don't like it but you have to be honest and look at why Freo footy club is so troubled. (at this point if we could steal Nisbett away from West Coast for CEO I would).

For what it's worth Ross lost me after the Geelong away loss last year.

I don't care where the new coach is from - I just want someone who will create a competitive team, deliver wins through getting the playing group onside and buying in... and improved player skills would be nice.
I'm chilled.

I have no problem with you or anyone else having an opinion about the club, and I'm sure you have good reasons for having your. But it's a bit rich saying people are sticking their heads in the sand because they choose not to believe some random story about Freo in the media or on an internet forum - this is what I was responding to (not you). I am absolutely entitled to have my opinion based on what I see and what I hear from people involved in the club. I know someone who has been there for just over three years and she loves it - says it is the best place she has ever worked and the people are fantastic. Go to any workplace and you will find people who like it and people who reckon it's an absolute shithole - including the West Coast. We are all individuals and we all have our own experiences and form our opinions based on that - suggesting that because someone doesn't share your view they are somehow ignoring the truth is ludicrous.

Anyway, I have said my piece - I'll get off the soapbox now and give someone else a go :)

No prospective coaches have presented to the selection panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back