Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.... predict when freo will win a flag? the mens side.

Predict their next finals win too?

I can't remember where I posted it since all these threads are feeling like a blur now - but I have long thought for awhile now that our next serious shot at a flag won't be until Brayshaw/Darcy & co. are our senior heads (30+).

Given they even stay.

Given we keep the existing core.

Given they all actually improve.

Given we draft and can replicate this current young group and have them led properly by the above.

Given we actually retain them all.

Given we have no one currently in our football department employed during that time.

So yeah, 2028/29 we might be a chance.

I can't remember where I posted it since all these threads are feeling like a blur now - but I have long thought for awhile now that our next serious shot at a flag won't be until Brayshaw/Darcy & co. are our senior heads (30+).

Given they even stay.

Given we draft and can replicate this current young group and have them led properly by the above.

Given we have no one currently in our football department employed during that time.

SO basically we are not winning a flag ever? gotcha. lol

SO basically we are not winning a flag ever? gotcha. lol

Yeah too much has to go right in a club where everything always goes wrong. But it's nice to dream. We're so close to completely ****ing up this "rebuild". I'm not sure if I can follow this sport anymore if this crop gets nowhere and I have to endure this cycle again during and after the next 8 years.

In 2015 Richmond finished 5th and had been structuring up to play a multi-pronged tall forward line. In 2016 they finished 13th. They were likely sandwiched between having a more successful year before and the changes to the game with the zoning around the marks etc implemented that year. This prompted a fair shake-up. They went on a bit of a recruiting spree getting in Caddy, Prestia, Nankervis etc (while shifting out players like Deledio, Vickery, Chaplin etc), plus with a greater focus on newer approaches and freeing things up.

Their premiership year in 2017 started seemingly disastrously, with a spate of injuries decimating their tall man stocks. This forced them to rethink/revolutionise their game plan (along with the humbling season the year before and subsequent fresh faces), which obviously worked a treat and they continued to build on that throughout the season and beyond.
Richmond played 3 elim finals in 2013-5. Mind you , the could of and should of won in 2013 vs carlton or 2015 elim final vs North. they should of won at least one of those 2.

the crows played a very attacking game style under him…

he’s also been credited for turning Sydney into a more attacking team last year. Him & JL could be the perfect mix
I posted this before...

When Pyke got crows into finals in 2016-7, he had guys like Walker, Jenkins, Betts, Cameron, McGovern and lynch.

The so called new deal was signed nearly 18 months ago. It was until the end of 2024.

We've sacked our last two coaches with a year left. We're underperforming with the list we have. The similarities to Mark Harvey are staring right at us.

He's gone imo. Just a matter of time
you might be right.

That's an insane take. I'd hand in my membership now if that's all I expected.
Again.... If you have issues seeing the dockers have Justin Longmuir coach freo for 10 seasons and have no flag in the end, thats fine.

Hand in your membership now.... Its gonna get worse from here on in. lol

Given they even stay.

Seeing as i am basically the same age as this club.

Freo will be 34/35 years of old by then. It shouldn't take that long to get yourselves sorted.

Freo is 29 years old now.

Freo had a rough beginning like being left on the side of the road its mother at birth in the cold to fend for themselves for the first 7-8 years.

But by the time Freo reached puberty in 2010/2011 it sorted itself out & finally looked like it grown into a powerhouse in its teenage years. By the time we reached 21 (2015) it should have been chance to re-stock build & mature on those teenage years where the mini period of success.

Instead we have basically wasted our mid to late 20s by running around in the dark with no identity.

Freo will be 30 years old next year. We should be at the peak of its powers its financially stable and learnt from the mistakes of the past/rough beginnings instead of doubling down digging a deeper hole.

Seeing as i am basically the same age as this club.

Freo will be 34/35 years of old by then. It shouldn't take that long to get yourselves sorted.

Freo is 29 years old now.

Freo had a rough beginning like being left on the side of the road its mother at birth in the cold to fend for themselves for the first 7-8 years.

But by the time Freo reached puberty in 2010/2011 it sorted itself out & finally looked like it grown into a powerhouse in its teenage years. By the time we reached 21 (2015) it should have been chance to re-stock build & mature on those teenage years where the mini period of success.

Instead we have basically wasted our mid to late 20s by running around in the dark with no identity.

Freo will be 30 years old next year. We should be at the peak of its powers its financially stable and learnt from the mistakes of the past/rough beginnings instead of doubling down digging a deeper hole.
40 is the new 30, unfortunately.

Stephen Wells is the reason Chris Scott goes so well. He’s their recruiter , and is the best in the business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This club seems to enjoy being a minnow. We have no big personalities at the club.
Or renowned AFL identities to stand up and make us relevant again, Lyon era.
Our player retention is the worst in the AFL, and with that we are forever
rebuilding.
Nothing will change until we fix management, or the accounting to spend what
is required.

This club seems to enjoy being a minnow. We have no big personalities at the club.
rebuilding.
is required.
Ross had his knockers his game plan was past its used by date and his time had to come to an end.

It was quite clear by end of 2019. We had become stale.

But at least you knew with Ross when he was here that he would stand up himself and the club at every turn even if it was good or bad.

rebuilding.
is required.
Very good point. We need a flamboyant, charismatic, outgoing leader as head coach.
It’s optional for Carlton and Collingwood. They are enormous powerhouses anyway.
But it’s not for us. We are a minnow and for that reason having a powerful and compelling leader is critical.
It’s nothing against JL but he’s just so vanilla and bland.
The eagles had Malthouse - a fearsome firebrand that wound up an entire state against Victoria and was FEARED over there.
It’s not a coincidence the only time people in the east feared us was when we had Lyon.
Could you imagine JL leading that eagles team as head coach in the early 1990s? Not a hope!

As a club it feels like we are almost apologetic for our presence in the competition.

Very good point. We need a flamboyant, charismatic, outgoing leader as head coach.
It’s optional for Carlton and Collingwood. They are enormous powerhouses anyway.
But it’s not for us. We are a minnow and for that reason having a powerful and compelling leader is critical.
The eagles had Malthouse - a fearsome firebrand that wound up an entire state against Victoria and was FEARED over there.
It’s not a coincidence the only time people in the east feared us was when we had Lyon.
Could you imagine JL leading that eagles team as head coach in the early 1990s? Not a hope!

As a club it feels like we are almost apologetic for our presence in the competition.
Eagles also got a handout when the club was struggling.
This football state is in trouble, not WC money wise but grass roots
footy.
The WA footy commission should be concerned, because it hurts the
bottom line and they should be engaging the AFL.

Again.... If you have issues seeing the dockers have Justin Longmuir coach freo for 10 seasons and have no flag in the end, thats fine.

Hand in your membership now.... Its gonna get worse from here on in. lol
The post you quoted is from June but ok:

You said you'd be happy for Longmuir to coach 10 seasons with no flag. No club administrator at any team at any point in history would be happy with that result.

Matthew Lloyd basically said we have been a boring footy club for our whole existence on the Sunday footy show earlier this year.

Hard to argue how many periods have we had an electrifying game plan that was also successful.

We are as irrelevant as anyone in the comp basically St Kilda in the West.

Stuck in no man's land with no success and just running around in circles in the meat of mediocrity.

The post you quoted is from June but ok:

You said you'd be happy for Longmuir to coach 10 seasons with no flag. No club administrator at any team at any point in history would be happy with that result.
We have the weakest hand when it comes to running an organisation.
List management? I still don’t get the
Joke?

I wish the club would say to JL for next season
- look you have nothing to lose now. Go all in on a fast, attacking and exciting gameplan. Get the fans buzzing. Take some risks. Think outside the box to get the team buying in.

At least by all accounts in the early days we were shit but still a maverick side, capable of some off the cuff brilliance.

Not we are the comps most boring team but still shit. Drowning slowly in a sea of boring inertia, moving from 11th to 14th place, sucess always 2 or 3 years away, meandering towards the inevitable conclusion…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back