Jw Howard-as Popular As Ever Among Aussies.

Remove this Banner Ad

BUBBALOUIS said:
this is said about most parties in opposition .... the same thing was said about the coalition when Bob Hawke and Paul Keating where tearing them a new one, fact is it is extremely difficult to get a message , any message across as an opposition, the media are only interested in you if you have a negative barb they can use as a one liner on there news service

Just ask Robert Doyle how hard it is to get air time with any positive initiatives

I think what I am aluding to is the fact that the small target no policy approach has been an abject failure - they should have a detailed policy program to put to the electors next time around

galroo said:
SURE DID.

Our PM has a duty to protect Australia from illegals,people smugglers and other undesirables.

His turning back of tapa was both honourable and the right thing to do.

He has saved thousands of people from drowning at the hands of people smugglers trying to invade our country0thus this also makes it the christian thing to do.
Inthenet board:rolleyes:

funkyfreo said:
Not anywhere I have ever lived!

Conservative = sensible and cautious = no hasty decisions to reduce tax rates.

We have a Liberal Govt. You could say our liberal Govt has been very conservative when it comes to reducing tax rates.

Look at the US then, Bush wants to keep taxes low, the opposition wants to raise them. Howard may be conservative, but he loves tax!

dogupya said:
Inthenet board

Two word board.

afc9798 said:
How many BAFTA's and Oscars did those ads win? 50 million would have thought you could get a better quality of production. I think the Union ads. were far smarter and actually achieved their goal, for less than 20% of what the Govt. paid

Lol, Scare mongering is a great thing isn't it. The Government was simply stating what the new laws were and what it meant, they had to say something in response to the Unions lies and scare mongering!

In my opinion, J Howard has held off in regard to assistance to Victoria.

There could be more in regard to the country's second largest state.

We have the second largest migrant population and yet we have nothing of the domestic help needed.

But Steve Bracks could contribute more if he wanted to. In health for example. But it is a loaded gun so to speak. isn't it

Don't ask me for evidence because I don't have it. I'll just let you lot dislplay your grievances and I'll do the wailing for you. :thumbsu:

camsmith said:
Look at the US then, Bush wants to keep taxes low, the opposition wants to raise them. Howard may be conservative, but he loves tax!

Two word board.

Lol, Scare mongering is a great thing isn't it. The Government was simply stating what the new laws were and what it meant, they had to say something in response to the Unions lies and scare mongering!

I missed this the first time around - I thought awards were "protected by law" - pity they are now being dismantled under the legislation under which it was "protected by law" - Union scare mongering - now I have heard it all

camsmith said:

Two word board.

Think before you ever post again.

The Democrats in the states want to get rid of Bush's tax cuts because they are running a massive budget defecit.

The Federal Reserve Bank has raised US interest rates 14 times, and has stated that they will continue to raise them due to inflation fears.

There are 2 mains ways to combat inflation, the use of interest rates, or the government reducing spending or increasing taxes.

If Bush removed/lower hie tax cuts, he would reduce the need for increased interest rates, and also cut the projected US budget defecit, reducing the need for the US to borrow money.

Look that up in Economics 101.

Second when the ALP got into power back in 1983, they inherited income tax rates with a top personal rate of 61% from Howard.

When Howard got in in 1996, he inherited an income tax system that had a top tax rate of 47%.

Lol, Scare mongering is a great thing isn't it. The Government was simply stating what the new laws were and what it meant, they had to say something in response to the Unions lies and scare mongering

Its only scaremongering if its not true. Tell me the lies(and back it up with proof) that the unions supposedly ran in response to the governments anti union, anti collective agreement legislation.

Is this an example of the new IR laws you support;

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,18225027%5E1702,00.html

Workers to test IR changesBy Kate Lahey and Catherine Best
February 21, 2006
IN the first test of the Federal Government's industrial reforms, workers at a Melbourne factory have begun fighting planned changes to their conditions.

Unions say an offer by Dana Automotive Systems Group, which makes automotive parts, will cut wages and conditions and strip employees' rights.

New workers would be paid 20 per cent less than the existing workforce, rostered days off would be abolished and workers' compensation would be reduced, ACTU secretary Greg Combet said today.
He said wages for existing workers would be cut by five per cent, under the plan unveiled in enterprise bargaining agreement negotiations.
About 200 workers protested outside the Dana factory in Clayton, in Melbourne's south-east today.

Dana managing director Bob Day said the new agreement was necessary to compete with countries such as China.

He said the union should work to protect jobs by supporting the changes – to prevent more contracts being awarded to overseas plants.

Mr Day would not be drawn on specifics of the proposal, saying there are several options being considered, including some "wish list" scenarios, but all are confidential.

"What has to happen in that plant is that they (the workers) have to lift productivity, if they're going to be competitive," Mr Day said.

"We are competing with those (Asian) countries, but bear in mind that we're also investing heavily in the business.

"Certainly what we don't need is protests outside the industrial relations framework."

Dana lost a contract to an overseas competitor that resulted in more than 100 job cuts at its South Australian factory last year.

Speaking at today's protest, Mr Combet said workers would now see the reality of the Government's new industrial relations laws, which come into force next month.

He said the conditions outlined by Dana were directly linked to the new laws.

"This is extremely unusual in an enterprise agreement negotiation for an employer to put things like this on the table.

"There are specific references in the document that the employer has put forward to the new work choices legislation, so it's specifically referenced to a number of changes that the Government has made," Mr Combet said.

"It is the first case where a company is starting to try and use the laws to reduce the entitlements and the rights of their own employees."

Mr Combet said business should focus on improving production methods to remain competitive rather than making changes that hurt Australian workers.

"What we've got to be doing is investing in lifting the skills – ensuring we don't have a skills shortage, investing in research and development (and) improving technology."

So much for choice, or is it another Howard lie;

Striking Boeing workers seek federal action
A delegation of Boeing workers from NSW's Williamtown RAAF base is in Canberra today in a bid to convince federal politicians to intervene in their dispute over a collective agreement.

The employees, who have been off the job for 70 days, last night told Newcastle councillors Boeing has denied them their democratic right to negotiate a collective agreement - Boeing declined the council's invitation to attend.
Australian Workers Union Newcastle branch secretary Kevin Maher says in addition to senior Labor politicians, the delegation also hopes to put its case to Federal Workplace Relations Minister Kevin Andrews.

"[Federal Opposition Leader] Kim Beazley, [Opposition industrial relations spokesman] Stephen Smith are going to meet with us," he said.

"We're hoping to be speaking with some senior people from the Government.

"We would certainly like to meet with the Minister for Industrial Relations and maybe the Minister for Defence.

"We hope to be able to sit in the gallery at question time in the House of Representatives, a number of Opposition people are going to be asking questions in particular about Boeing."

Prime Minister John Howard says Boeing is entirely within its rights to refuse to collectively bargain with its employees.

Mr Howard says 90 per cent of the Boeing aircraft maintenance workforce do not support the strike, and the employees are being offered a pay rise.

"They can either go back on their old terms, or accept new terms under which every one of them would get a pay rise," he said.

"And under the existing law, not under the new law, but under the existing law, what the company is doing is entirely lawful and entirely within its rights."

Federal Opposition Leader Kim Beazley is supporting the workers' push for a collective agreement.

Mr Beazley says their protest is a sign of what is to come under the Government's proposed industrial relations changes.

"Boeing has said to them they don't want them to work under a collective agreement," he said.

"They will only accept them on the basis of individual contracts and the Arbitration Commission cannot arbitrate - that is the problem.

"Until [Prime Minister John] Howard's last changes to industrial laws, the Arbitration Commission could've
[acted]."

Grin said:
You've gotta love these born again christian fundamentalists who have obviously never read the bible.

I Read the bible many times grin.

The main theme that comes from the bible is that Jesus of Nazareth is the only one true god AND THE GATEWAY TO HEAVEN..

He and the father are one,as he said himself,and those who reject him will face a fate worse than that of sodom and gomorrah.

If, after reading these things you do not believe that the Bible is the true and inspired words of God, there is little more I can do to persuade you. Again it is your choice. If you choose not to believe that the Bible is God's Word, then I have no argument to prove to you that Jesus is the only way to heaven. But if you choose to believe that the Bible is God's Word then I can show you the verses that prove that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Heaven is where God the Father is. Here are some verses stating that Christ is the only way to heaven:
John 14:6 [Jesus speaking] "I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the father, but by me".
Acts 4:12 [Peter telling the crowd about Jesus] "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 John 2:23 "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."
Romans 5:21 "That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. {18} He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

We know there are many false gods out there,but only one leads to heaven according to christian faith-JC!

galroo said:

The main theme that comes from the bible is that Jesus of Nazareth is the only one true god AND THE GATEWAY TO HEAVEN..

He and the father are one,as he said himself,and those who reject him will face a fate worse than that of sodom and gomorrah.

The way into heaven is not proclaiming his name whilst ignoring all his teachings.

Simply stating your beleif in his divinity is not enough; you have to act like a Christian.

On this point you fail horribly. Burn in hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

galroo said:
He also has protected Australians from undesirables-therefore from a chritian point of view his stance is correct.

So now that you've established your credentials re Jesus- have a think about whether he would have the same stance as you re: refugess and "undesirables"

Try Matthew 2:14 and see if Joseph went through the proper procedure for refugees.
There are number of references where Jesus not only fails to protect people from undesirables - lepers, Gentiles etc but associates with them. How does his teaching about turning the other cheek (Matt 5:39) fit with this idea of needing to be protected from undesirables?

galroo said:

If, after reading these things you do not believe that the Bible is the true and inspired words of God, there is little more I can do to persuade you. Again it is your choice. If you choose not to believe that the Bible is God's Word, then I have no argument to prove to you that Jesus is the only way to heaven. But if you choose to believe that the Bible is God's Word then I can show you the verses that prove that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Heaven is where God the Father is. Here are some verses stating that Christ is the only way to heaven:
John 14:6 [Jesus speaking] "I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the father, but by me".
Acts 4:12 [Peter telling the crowd about Jesus] "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 John 2:23 "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."
Romans 5:21 "That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. {18} He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

We know there are many false gods out there,but only one leads to heaven according to christian faith-JC!
1-That's putting JC above his father and not in accord with the teachings of Christianity.
2-Yes,but the RC church rarely practices what it preaches.

galroo said:

If there is a God, he would be distancing him/herself from your salvation. Your comments regarding "undesirables" are a sure sign that you would not be the type of person welcomed by any God into their fold. The mean spiritedness of this country in relation to those in need of our help, especially when coupled with a Christian message, is staggering. Do you seriously believe that Jesus would condone Tampa, just so we can all afford an extra TV set and not be bothered by those who can't afford a feed. You're probably the type of person that turns off their TV when the starving of Africa are shown, as it puts you off your dinner. you are doomed, regardless of your religioin of convenience.

galroo said:

If there is a God, he would be distancing him/herself from your salvation. Your comments regarding "undesirables" are a sure sign that you would not be the type of person welcomed by any God into their fold. The mean spiritedness of this country in relation to those in need of our help, especially when coupled with a Christian message, is staggering. Do you seriously believe that Jesus would condone Tampa, just so we can all afford an extra TV set and not be bothered by those who can't afford a feed. You're probably the type of person that turns off their TV when the starving of Africa are shown, as it puts you off your dinner. you are doomed, regardless of your religion of convenience.

Funniest press conference of the decade Goes to John Howard today who after being questioned about the AWB scandal, retorted by sayin this isnt a Seargent Schultz excuse ...... hahahahaha, has to be Johnny's nickname now doesnt it ... i see nuthink!

Religion and politics should be kept seperate.

Besides, both are fairytales anyway.

galroo said:
It seems despite all the negative propaganda and lies spread about him by the left/far left,JWH remains as popular as ever among Australians.

There is no doubt that he has transformed Australia from a near 3rd world arse -end of the world dump which Labor left us in in 1996,to a world class happy prosperous strong nation in 2006.

Without a doubt our best leader since menzies,there is no doubt THE AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO PM FOR THE LAST DECADE.

Below from todays AGE:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/the-face-of-australia/2006/02/19/1140283950493.html

A lasting impression
JOHN Howard has won some and lost some in the 10 years he has been prime minister. He has won Robert Hancock, 44, a father of two from Wangaratta who did not vote for him in 1996 but has become a convert.
"He’s a pretty solid PM — pretty honest," says Hancock. "The way he gets a handle on the economy is the best thing he does. You don’t have high inflation and rates going through the roof."

Ten years into his reign, he is seen by most Australians as providing strong leadership in uncertain times and as "bringing home the bacon" — a glowing 83 per cent of voters who rated the economy as the main issue believe he has managed the economy well or quite well.

You are a troll, aren't you.

So are 'Cath and Kim' and 'Australian Idol'. Says a lot really. Thanks for pointing it out to us though. It's very Christian of you.

Edit: I realise that last sentence may have offended you. You're not an atheist are you? Or, it could be even worse, you might be an agnostic. I apologise. Hope I don't get booted for this indiscretion.

If the worst things you Howard haters can come up with is the refugees, then Howard is as safe as houses. People really only care about what affects them and as long as the economy is strong, Howard is strong. Of course, the fact that Labor are a hopeless rabble helps a lot.:D

Despite the costant lies and misinformation spread about him by the left-wing media hacks,John Howard is regarded as our best modern erPM by far.

He is HUGELY POPULAR AMONG THE YOUTH OF AUSTRALIA.

Read on o' loser Greenies .......:D :D

Howard voted best prime minister of modern era

By Dennis Shanahan

February 28, 2006
JOHN Howard is considered Australia's best prime minister of the modern era.
The ordinary suburban solicitor has outstripped Labor's most popular leader, the man with the common touch, Bob Hawke, and the Liberals' longest-serving leader, Robert Menzies.

Mr Howard has double the support of Gough Whitlam among the young, more support from those who can still remember Menzies, and eight times the backing of his own former leader, Malcolm Fraser. As he prepares to celebrate 10 years in office this week, Mr Howard even has the highest rating of any Liberal prime minister among Labor voters.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18287529-2,00.html

GOD BLESS AUSTRALIA!:thumbsu:

galroo said:
Despite the costant lies and misinformation spread about him by the left-wing media hacks,John Howard is regarded as our best modern erPM by far.

He is HUGELY POPULAR AMONG THE YOUTH OF AUSTRALIA.

Read on o' loser Greenies .......:D :D

Howard voted best prime minister of modern era

By Dennis Shanahan

February 28, 2006
JOHN Howard is considered Australia's best prime minister of the modern era.
The ordinary suburban solicitor has outstripped Labor's most popular leader, the man with the common touch, Bob Hawke, and the Liberals' longest-serving leader, Robert Menzies.

Mr Howard has double the support of Gough Whitlam among the young, more support from those who can still remember Menzies, and eight times the backing of his own former leader, Malcolm Fraser. As he prepares to celebrate 10 years in office this week, Mr Howard even has the highest rating of any Liberal prime minister among Labor voters.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18287529-2,00.html

GOD BLESS AUSTRALIA!:thumbsu:

ALLAH BLESS OSAMA! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jw Howard-as Popular As Ever Among Aussies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back