USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

If they know you are conservative, there is no such thing as a cordial lefty.
Yes, those poor conservatives sure are known for their inclusive, welcoming ways, aren't they?

If they know you are conservative, there is no such thing as a cordial lefty.
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Like continuing to frequent a pub where they all think you are a ‘ne'er-do-well’, and your nickname is Sol.

Nothing wrong with fishing and reading.
We had a punter that we nicknamed the Postman on account of he was the most likely to walk in and open fire on the place.

Yes, those poor conservatives sure are known for their inclusive, welcoming ways, aren't they?
You are the perfect example. Every post of yours towards me is dripping with hostility for no reason other than we might disagree politically.

Sounds like I worked with the same guy

We bet a motza he would do a Frankum or Knight
We also had a local lad who was a schizophrenic, he was no trouble at all but if he got a few pints in he'd go a give a tree or a notice board a good bollocking.

You are the perfect example. Every post of yours towards me is dripping with hostility for no reason other than we might disagree politically.
I mean I tried to be cordial at first, same with some others who prefer/support Trump. It's not your conservatism that means I don't respect you, it's the inability to have a good faith conversation, back up your assertions, and your covering for a candidate who tried to fraudulently overturn the last presidential election, as if it's nothing.

There's conservatives out there who will at least try to make a genuine case for their ideas without misrepresentation, but will also have the principles to know that they cannot in good faith, support/prefer Trump, even up against someone they mistakenly think is a radical lefty.

And even then, in the case of abortion, we disagree, but if you just came out and said, that's my no.1 issue, it overrides everything else, even Trump's anti-democratic actions and speech. I could at least understand that, that's honest, that's in good faith. It was a major issue for me when I was a conservative, religious pro-lifer. Because if you actually think it's killing people, or an equivalent crime before God, then why wouldn't it be. But when you try to pretend that other events didn't happen, that Trump didn't do what he did, and misrepresent a bunch of other things along the way, then why should we respect your approach and you.

There's conservatives out there who will at least try to make a genuine case for their ideas without misrepresentation, but will also have the principles to know that they cannot in good faith, support/prefer Trump, even up against someone they mistakenly think is a radical lefty.
This is where I am at

Simping for Trump is a step too far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I tried to be cordial at first, same with some others who prefer/support Trump. It's not your conservatism that means I don't respect you, it's the inability to have a good faith conversation, back up your assertions, and your covering for a candidate who tried to fraudulently overturn the last presidential election, as if it's nothing.

And even then, in the case of abortion, we disagree, but if you just came out and said, that's my no.1 issue, it overrides everything else, even Trump's anti-democratic actions and speech. I could at least understand that, that's honest, that's in good faith. It was a major issue for me when I was a conservative, religious pro-lifer. Because if you actually think it's killing people, or an equivalent crime before God, then why wouldn't it be. But when you try to pretend that other events didn't happen, that Trump didn't do what he did, and misrepresent a bunch of other things along the way, then why should we respect your approach and you.
Agree. As John Howard said: “politics is a contest of ideas, not a public relations competition.” Nothing untoward about furthering debate by expressing alternate views, however unpopular, on solutions to the challenges confronting the modern world.

However posting falsehoods suggests a lack of intellect, or a person that is a dead set ****. It is the latter that are placed on IGNORE.

This is where I am at

Simping for Trump is a step too far
My Dad has had a lifetime diet of getting political news from the 2 minute segments on nightly news, talkback radio, NewsCorp papers and friends/family with mostly similar political views (I'm from regional SA originally, one of the safest conservative areas of the country). He thinks conservatism is the only way to go on the economy, immigration, morality e.g. same sex marriage, abortion (as I once did for all of these). And I'll be honest, Labor has done some crappy things for my hometown area (which really doesn't help).

But even he thinks Trump is an anti-democratic loon, and he was probably Biden's target audience (if American) when talking about Trump having the "morals of an alleycat". I couldn't see him voting for him, though he'd probably vote for Republicans on the rest of the ticket if he was an American. Similarly for other family members (I'm in the minority within close family). That is respectable, even if we disagree elsewhere.

Agree. As John Howard said: “politics is a contest of ideas, not a public relations competition.” Nothing untoward about furthering debate by expressing alternate views, however unpopular, on solutions to the challenges confronting the modern world.

However posting falsehoods suggests a lack of intellect, or a person that is a dead set ****. It is the latter that are placed on IGNORE.
People are allowed to make mistakes or not fully understand something they are talking about. We all do these from time to time. It's the unjustified hubris and dismissal of others, while making those mistakes (if in fact it's accidental) and not being informed as well as they think they are, that is the issue.

Sigh. Why does this cretin always attack childless women and not deliberately barren men.

That is one ****ed up unit Trump has picked.
You get the feeling Hillbilly Elegy is only scratching the surface of the troubles JD has experienced in his formative years.
Scary stuff - very Handmaids Tale…….

That is one ****ed up unit Trump has picked.
You get the feeling Hillbilly Elegy is only scratching the surface of the troubles JD has experienced in his formative years.
Scary stuff - very Handmaids Tale…….
Vance's a snitch, he'd have been tutting tutting at others since he was at kindergarten.

Please post an example of me directing a post towards you that is dripping with hostility

There is a tonne of evidence out there that she is a communist, you just need to take the blinkers off.
If you claim it you provide the source, not the other way around, otherwise you have no credence, which you don't have anyway.

Trump is not a conservative.

He is a populist, who shifts his position to the one which benefits him most.
Exactly. He doesn’t have policies - make America great, a return to common sense, end inflation, prevent WW111 are not policies.

His behavior - not paying suppliers and contractors, groping women, stealing from charities, belittling the disabled … is what makes him repugnant. He is the embodiment of the ugly male; anti-intellectual bigot, avaricious, braggard, grifter, hypocrite, ignorant, illmannered, lecherous, misogynistic, uncouth and unpoetic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back