USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

No its a clear decision to not want to be associated with a rapist criminal

If it was brainwashing I would change my team to WC
It's not even about the rapist criminal stuff (for me).

It's the ongoing dismantling of democracy (though much of that happens at state level so will continue even if Trump is defeated), the disregard for the environment ("drill, drill, drill" - which affects us all, in part because if the US shows no regard for the environment it's hard to persuade other countries to do so), the dismantling of women's health rights (which I don't think will leak into this country but is sad to see regardless), the support (or lack thereof) for Ukraine (which will influence the future behaviour of tyrants elsewhere), and the language that denigrates "immigrants", especially if their skin isn't white and/or they're not Christian (which won't directly affect us but might see further leakage of language and attitudes in countries such as ours). And maybe the Middle East, though that's problematic under the Biden administration too so it's hard to know what will change, except that there will likely be less compassion for the people of Palestine under a Trump presidency than a Harris one.

No its a clear decision to not want to be associated with a rapist criminal

If it was brainwashing I would change my team to WC
I've hated trump for years, always thought he was a massive POS

Woman's health and education were enough for me. Then came the rapist criminal insurrection part. And now they've thrown in Project 2025 and Agenda 47

What?

Harris out out there speaking about her policies every time she has spoken. Policies include:

Health Care
Racial and Social Justice
Immigration
Big Tech Companies handling of political speech, hate speech and misinformation
Consumer Protection (Trump reversed Obama policies on this)
Climate change initiatives, a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, and the protection of marriage equality and LGBTQ rights.

She also talks about jobs, the economy, inflation etc.

After listening to her, these are some of what I recall.

Trump seems to talk about race, race, race, immigrants stealing jobs and interviewers not being nice to him.
And being mean to black woman reporters

Where are the Trump fan posters on here to take a shot at? Theres literally 2 of them to about 100 Kamala fans.

My above comments relate to both Kamala and Trump fans. No one is willing to talk about policies or well anything that isnt a emotional reaction

I cant take a shot at non existent people.
So you think that a preference for a candidate that doesn't try to fraudulently overturn Presidential elections and lie to the public about it, leading to the events of Jan 6, is just an emotional reaction?

Some of us have posted calmly and thoughtfully about Democratic primaries, reasons why we prefer Kamala or others over Trump, but the "we have no preference, but are calling out Dems/Kamala" crowd seem to skip those for some reason, and respond to lower hanging fruit where frustrated posters get snippy with them.

Weird.

So you think that a preference for a candidate that doesn't try to fraudulently overturn Presidential elections and lie to the public about it, leading to the events of Jan 6, is just an emotional reaction?

Some of us have posted calmly and thoughtfully about Democratic primaries, reasons why we prefer Kamala or others over Trump, but the "we have no preference, but are calling out Dems/Kamala" crowd seem to skip those for some reason, and respond to lower hanging fruit where frustrated posters get snippy with them.

Weird.
You literally proved my point. Your preference is just some emotional reaction to a event from 4+ years ago that has zero to do with Kamala Harris herself...

I mean you gotta like her for more reasons then the above if you want to be serious. I mean What policies of hers do you like most?

You literally proved my point. Your preference is just some emotional reaction to a event from 4+ years ago that has zero to do with Kamala Harris herself...

I mean you gotta like her for more reasons then the above if you want to be serious. I mean What policies of hers do you like most?
I like that she will reintroduce the Border Bill (that had bipartisan support) that Trump torpedoed.

Kamala is nowhere near my preferred candidate (she was down near Biden at the bottom of my list in her failed 2020 run). However, this is a race now between Kamala and Trump. Do you understand this is a binary choice?

Kamala could come out and say "I have no policy agenda" (which would still mostly be better than Trump's), which she/the Dems have not, and yet I would still prefer her over a candidate who fraudulently tried to overturn the last election (which was not just a single event, it was a deliberate co-ordinated scheme across months).

I'm not sure how you can't understand that the preservation of (an albeit flawed) democracy can't be the single most important issue for people?

If all you can do is say "emotional reaction" without substance, then I have to assume you're the one who isn't serious.

Kamala is nowhere near my preferred candidate. However, this is a race now between Kamala and Trump. Do you understand this is a binary choice?

Kamala could come out and say "I have no policy agenda" (which would still mostly be better than Trump's), which she/the Dems have not, and yet I would still prefer her over a candidate who fraudulently tried to overturn the last election (which was not just a single event, it was a deliberate co-ordinated scheme across months).

If all you can do is say "emotional reaction" without substance, then I have to assume you're the one who isn't serious.
A binary choice is a emotional choice

Why not make it a policy vs policy choice? What is the fear of doing this people have exactly?

I like that she will reintroduce the Border Bill (that had bipartisan support) that Trump torpedoed.
As a Australian you like her domestic policy on borders and believe thats why you should like her?

It doesnt have much logic.

If I look at Trump/Harris im only caring about a few things only. What their international policies are and how it will impact the situations in Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Gaza and outside of that what their trade arrangements with Australia will be going forward as in the last 10 years its fallen away big time.

What they want to do with illegals is none of my concern as it has zero impact on me and you

As a Australian you like her domestic policy on borders and believe thats why you should like her?

If I look at Trump/Harris im only caring about a few things only. What their international policies are and how it will impact the situations in Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Gaza and trade arrangements with Australia.

What they want to do with illegals is none of my concern as it has zero impact on me and you
So letting China walk into Taiwan and seize control of the semiconductor market doesn't worry you?

So letting China walk into Taiwan and seize control of the semiconductor market doesn't worry you?
Thats a international policy?

Both are fairly similar on that front anyway. When it comes to semiconductor bills I got BIG issues with Albanese giving a contract to an inferior US company when we got superior options at home who are much more mature and ready for investment but thats for a different thread that one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I look at Trump/Harris im only caring about a few things only. What their international policies are and how it will impact the situations in Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Gaza and outside of that what their trade arrangements with Australia will be going forward as in the last 10 years its fallen away big time.

meh. I was just pointing out that she has a policy on border control. Trump's policy was to tear it down in order to make the Dems look bad.

A binary choice is a emotional choice

Why not make it a policy vs policy choice? What is the fear of doing this people have exactly?
Ok, I'll make it simpler for you.

I like her policy, the Dems policy actually, backed up by precedent, of respecting the will of the American people in US Presidential elections, citizens freedom of speech in regards to voting, and conceding elections that they lose, rather than trying to stay in power via fraud and intimidation.

Ok, I'll make it simpler for you.

I like her policy, the Dems policy actually, backed up by precedent, of respecting the will of the American people in US Presidential elections, citizens freedom of speech in regards to voting, and conceding elections that they lose, rather than trying to stay in power via fraud and intimidation.
You think people should vote on people based on 1 sentence summaries?

Id say Kamala needs a bit more then that to get peoples votes or the like

Do you think her poilicies on Russia/Ukraine are good or her policies on Israel/Gaza or her international trade policies seem strong? Thats the discussion to have isnt it?

Last edited:
You think a country should vote on people based on 1 sentence summaries?

Do you think her poilicies on Russia/Ukraine are good or her policies on Israel/Gaza or her international trade policies seem strong? Thats the discussion to have isnt it?
Maybe her and Trump should have a debate and we can assess their respective positions? Just a thought.

meh. I was just pointing out that she has a policy on border control. Trump's policy was to tear it down in order to make the Dems look bad.
Is that the reason you like her so much though ?

Thats okay if it is but for me id personally want a better reason if that makes sense. Like I dont think her border control policies really matter when you got people dieing day in day out in Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Palestine for example

Or just announce policies and not rely on a 60 minute window?
If we're to take Trump at his word and he has nothing to do with Project 2025 ;) then he's operating in a policy vacuum apart from some vague promise that everything will be awesome if he's elected.

If we're to take Trump at his word and he has nothing to do with Project 2025 ;) then he's operating in a policy vacuum apart from some vague promise that everything will be awesome if he's elected.
Are they not both operating under thr exact same platform

Kamala Harris policy on Israel/Gaza and Russia/Ukraine is exactly the above

And you wont have to vote again in 4 years time because usa will be a dictatorship

You think a country should vote on people based on 1 sentence summaries?

No, the starting point in a democracy (albeit a flawed one), is whether a candidate wants that democracy to continue, or has shown they do not. It's not hard to understand.

As for the others...

Ukraine - yes, I think the Administration that Harris is part of, and no signs she will change, has been strong supporters of Ukraine. There's cases to be made that they could have done more, but enabling Ukraine to fight back better, as they want to do, and avoid subjugation and ethnic cleansing, is a good outcome regardless. Trump has signalled, as has his VP pick more strongly, that support for Ukraine is not a given.

Israel/Gaza - No, I don't think the Administration has done nearly enough to curb Israel's disregard for civilian casualties and suffering. Israel should be supported to defend itself yes, but that is not what is happening. Harris is supposedly better than Biden on this, but remains to be seen. Standing up Bibi is cool, but not tangible. Trump and Vance have no such concerns about Israel.

I could point to other administration successes such as the NLRB ruling from last year (or 2022?), parts of the IRA, infrastructure package, CHIPS act (among the usual corporate welfare), medicine costs, child tax credits, minimum corporate tax rate etc and also attempts at voting rights legislation. Better judicial appointments.

Is that the reason you like her so much though ?

Thats okay if it is but for me id personally want a better reason if that makes sense. Like I dont think her border control policies really matter when you got people dieing day in day out in Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Palestine for example
So the priority for a US president should be overseas conflicts?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back