USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly the headline is:

What are the rules for the first presidential debate?​

So ABC will be second Presidential debate.

Has always been promoted as Presidential debate not just Trump v Biden.
If I was Kamala I’d agree to the Fox debate (with an evenly split audience) so long as it goes after the ABC debate.
Could easily see Trump not showing up for the ABC debate if Fox debate goes first.

You said it was interesting that the headline was about the first PRESIDENTIAL debate. Why is it interesting when the article is also about the first PRESIDENTIAL debate.
Because Trump is saying he agreed to debate Biden, not Harris yet it was always promoted as the PRESIDENTIAL debate and she is the Democrat nominee for the election.

Trump doesn't want to debate her unless it is in his safe place in FOX.

You get it now?

Because Trump is saying he agreed to debate Biden, not Harris yet it was always promoted as the PRESIDENTIAL debate and she is the Democrat nominee for the election.

You get it now?
I think she should offer to do the Fox debate if the Don agrees to do the ABC debate. Same conditions apply to both - that would remove the crowd. Hard offer for him to turn down, without looking like a chicken. A meme already being established. It gets him where she wants him on the ABC and if the lioness gets her prey, there may not even be a second debate.

Added - the lioness meme has already started and I unconsciously picked it up. I didn't mean to do it, I only noticed it after I posted. The power of memes/tropes. "Crooked Hilary" I shout. Lioness meme includes elements of strong motherhood, note how much the Trumpies have attacked her lack of biological motherhood. Who said archetypes weren't important?

Last edited:
I think she should offer to do the Fox debate if the Don agrees to do the ABC debate. Same conditions apply to both - that would remove the crowd. Hard offer for him to turn down, without looking like a chicken. A meme already being established. It gets him where she wants him on the ABC and if the lioness gets her prey, there may not even be a second debate.
Agree but it has to be both, not just FOX.

You get it now?
I suspect he doesn't want to debate her, full stop. He knows she is unlikely to agree to the debate on his terms so he gets two victories at once - to not have to debate her and to have a message (for his people, at least) that it's her who refused to debate, not him.

Of course, any concept of what's advantageous for the voters in getting to hear their candidates debate the issue is entirely disregarded. It's not about the voters, just about him.

Anything concrete on this apart from Shapiro writing in a student magazine 30 years ago?

He says he was not in the IDF

Seems a bit weird that he’s walked that back, but then he seems to be walking back a lot of his abysmal record on this back as he attempts to secure the Vice Presidency.

Alleged mishandling of sexual harassment in his office, an ongoing messy court hearing about his office allegedly assisting to cover up a murder.

Walz isn’t my dream pick but is Henry Wallace compared to this guy. Vance is a disaster for Trump, no need to replicate it.

Seems a bit weird that he’s walked that back, but then he seems to be walking back a lot of his abysmal record on this back as he attempts to secure the Vice Presidency.

Alleged mishandling of sexual harassment in his office, an ongoing messy court hearing about his office allegedly assisting to cover up a murder.

Walz isn’t my dream pick but is Henry Wallace compared to this guy. Vance is a disaster for Trump, no need to replicate it.
So he wasnt in the IDF

''alleged''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if best case these things are overblown, do you really want your VP pick to be greeted with having to respond to all this baggage (before we even get to his shitty record)?

I didn’t even mention the time he sided with Netanyahu over Obama.

You have to let this Bibi hate go- I'm no Bibi fan but I'm not rushing out looking for every person who defended him either

Is anyone really clean? Im not advocating for Shapiro just responding as others have in defending Vance. You posted something I checked and couldnt find anything concrete to your original post

Now you're pivoting

You have to let this Bibi hate go- I'm no Bibi fan but I'm not rushing out looking for every person who defended him either

The speech at the time was Netanyahu staring down Obama’s rhetoric to push towards Palestinian statehood. I don’t think it’s a good look for him to have supported a wanted war criminal over the person most Democrats wish was President right now.

Is anyone really clean? Im not advocating for Shapiro just responding as others have in defending Vance. You posted something I checked and couldnt find anything concrete to your original post

Now you're pivoting

Nobody is perfect, as I said before with Walz. But Shapiro is especially bad. As I’ve written elsewhere, he conflated Palestine protesters with the KKK, joined with Republicans against Pennsylvania Democrats in supporting school privatisation and tried to force Ben & Jerry’s to sell their products in illegal Israeli settlements. A lot of goodwill is going Kamala’s way from the left, and his announcement as VP will end that. If he’s a potential benefit to winning Pennsylvania, is it worth him being a detriment elsewhere?

My post about him serving in the IDF was brief because I don’t want to be a broken record. There’s multiple reasons he’s a bad pick. I also don’t think “he once said he served in the IDF but now he says he didn’t” really puts that issue to bed.

Pick Walz, pick Beshear, hell, we all know I can’t stand him but pick Buttigieg - all better choices than this.

The speech at the time was Netanyahu staring down Obama’s rhetoric to push towards Palestinian statehood. I don’t think it’s a good look for him to have supported a wanted war criminal over the person most Democrats wish was President right now.

Nobody is perfect, as I said before with Walz. But Shapiro is especially bad. As I’ve written elsewhere, he conflated Palestine protesters with the KKK, joined with Republicans against Pennsylvania Democrats in supporting school privatisation and tried to force Ben & Jerry’s to sell their products in illegal Israeli settlements. A lot of goodwill is going Kamala’s way from the left, and his announcement as VP will end that. If he’s a potential benefit to winning Pennsylvania, is it worth him being a detriment elsewhere?

My post about him serving in the IDF was brief because I don’t want to be a broken record. There’s multiple reasons he’s a bad pick. I also don’t think “he once said he served in the IDF but now he says he didn’t” really puts that issue to bed.

Pick Walz, pick Beshear, hell, we all know I can’t stand him but pick Buttigieg - all better choices than this.
The more I learn about Tim Walz the more I think he is the best running mate for Harris.
Just the complete opposite of the lunatics running for the other team.

Sure, but you can’t seriously think trump is the person to make changes that will improve things?

The more I learn about Tim Walz the more I think he is the best running mate for Harris.
Just the complete opposite of the lunatics running for the other team.
If Shapiro can help deliver Pennsylvania, it goes a long way to determining the Presidency. Which is the aim.

People who are across the intricacies of Middle East politics and the underpinning motives of Israel and Iran, are not swinging voters with apolitical views.

There’s more fights to win than just in Pennsylvania.
You need someone with broad appeal across those swing states, which is why I would've thought Walz or Kelly. But thee are no bad choices here. It's an embarrassment of riches to choose from.

Unlike other parties.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back