USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Shapiro can help deliver Pennsylvania, it goes a long way to determining the Presidency. Which is the aim.

People who are across the intricacies of Middle East politics and the underpinning motives of Israel and Iran, are not swinging voters with apolitical views.
No, they might not be swing voters, they just won't show up.

You need someone with broad appeal across those swing states, which is why I would've thought Walz or Kelly. But thee are no bad choices here. It's an embarrassment of riches to choose from.

Unlike other parties.
There's enthusiasm even among progressives for Harris, which might explain some of the improved polling, including in the MidWest.

Some of it is gritted teeth type stuff though, because Kamala is seen as a better candidate than Biden, rather than loving her.

I don't think it's worth the risk to depress the vote everywhere else (with Shapiro), for a state you can win anyway with a fairly likeable VP in Walz or Kelly. Walz probably the best for campaigning.

I’ll laugh hysterically how quickly Kamala is discarded by the left...

The "left"? You're not very good at US politics, are you...? Probably explains some of the other word salads you post. Try reading something about the Democrats objectively, and where they and the Republicans sit on the political spectrum. It's really not as challenging as your posts make out.

The "left"? You're not very good at US politics, are you...? Probably explains some of the other word salads you post. Try reading something about the Democrats objectively, and where they and the Republicans sit on the political spectrum. It's really not as challenging as your posts make out.
It’s probably not his fault.
When you’re in the MAGA tent, you’re quickly taught to speak like that.
Everyone, and everything, apart from Donald Trump, is the “Left”.

There's enthusiasm even among progressives for Harris, which might explain some of the improved polling, including in the MidWest.

Some of it is gritted teeth type stuff though, because Kamala is seen as a better candidate than Biden, rather than loving her.

I don't think it's worth the risk to depress the vote everywhere else (with Shapiro), for a state you can win anyway with a fairly likeable VP in Walz or Kelly. Walz probably the best for campaigning.
Doesn't matter how much they grind their teeth, as long as they get out and vote. Number one mantra for the Dems needs to be 'Disunity is death', they have been given a chance and need to grab it. They have to win this election. Trumpism won't survive a loss and the extreme right are unlikely to coalesce so strongly around another figure quickly. There would be significant buyers remorse amongst republicans of the more traditional variety.
I just hope she doesn’t pick Pete.
Not that I don’t like him, I just think he should be slotted into a senior cabinet role in a new Harris government.
A role where he can be in the media a lot, where he seems to be so comfortable.
'Mayor Petes' interview with <insert a blonde fox women name here> was a master class. I'd like to see more.

Doesn't matter how much they grind their teeth, as long as they get out and vote. Number one mantra for the Dems needs to be 'Disunity is death', they have been given a chance and need to grab it. They have to win this election. Trumpism won't survive a loss and the extreme right are unlikely to coalesce so strongly around another figure quickly. There would be significant buyers remorse amongst republicans of the more traditional variety.

'Mayor Petes' interview with I]&gt; was a master class. I'd like to see more.
Yeah. There's always going to be some holdouts who want their perfect candidate, rather than just a (far) better candidate with a chance, over the only alternative.

But some of the progressive media I follow a bit, have commentators who were on the fence or stating they wouldn't vote for Biden, now speaking at least publicly in support of Harris. At least the coverage has turned towards being optimistic and favourable, with the blowtorch on Trump. Though justifiably still skepticism about the VP pick, policy and the Harris stance on Israel/Gaza etc.

Yeah. There's always going to be some holdouts who want their perfect candidate, rather than just a (far) better candidate with a chance, over the only alternative.

But some of the progressive media I follow a bit, have commentators who were on the fence or stating they wouldn't vote for Biden, now speaking at least publicly in support of Harris. At least the coverage has turned towards being optimistic and favourable, with the blowtorch on Trump. Though justifiably still skepticism about the VP pick, policy and the Harris stance on Israel/Gaza etc.
Hope is intoxicating and invigorating. I don't expect too many dems are going to hold out on election day. They would be fools if they did.

I don't think she'll change much in her stance re Israel/Gaza except perhaps verbalise more supportive of Palestinians. The US doesn't seem to have any control over Bibi et al. He's continually thumbed his nose at them, especially black democrat presidents. When the killing is finally over I'd like to see the US posh the 2 state solution, perhaps people might be more amenable to it.

I don't think she'll change much in her stance re Israel/Gaza except perhaps verbalise more supportive of Palestinians. The US doesn't seem to have any control over Bibi et al. He's continually thumbed his nose at them, especially black democrat presidents. When the killing is finally over I'd like to see the US posh the 2 state solution, perhaps people might be more amenable to it.
Netanyahu, at this stage, can only be stopped by his own people. Israel is a democracy after all. They have to work this out.
There will be however an important role for the US in Palestine and Gaza when the fighting finally stops and Netanyahu is brought to account. Gaza City has to be rebuilt to accommodate the Palestinian peoples.

Hope is intoxicating and invigorating. I don't expect too many dems are going to hold out on election day. They would be fools if they did.

There's fools across the political spectrum.

Some will just refuse to accept that it's a 2-way race, and apparently the best thing they can think of is to increase the chances of going even further backwards, away from whatever progress they hope for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to let this Bibi hate go- I'm no Bibi fan but I'm not rushing out looking for every person who defended him either

Is anyone really clean? Im not advocating for Shapiro just responding as others have in defending Vance. You posted something I checked and couldnt find anything concrete to your original post

Now you're pivoting
Shapiro has at one point called Bibi "one of the worst leaders of all time", so there is that.

Also if this guy doesn't like him, maybe he isn't in Bibi's pocket https://www.politico.com/news/2024/...sted to Harris,in a politically crucial state.

Either way, I would want Walz, 2nd choice Bashear for VP. If not either of them Shapiro better than Pete or Kelly.

The US doesn't seem to have any control over Bibi et al.

The US is literally sending Israel the bombs they're dropping on Palestinians.

Kamala should break with Biden and say she'll stop providing the arms to a genocide. Not only the obviously righteous thing to do, but the difference between voting for her and not voting for many people.

Kamala should break with Biden and say she'll stop providing the arms to a genocide. Not only the obviously righteous thing to do, but the difference between voting for her and not voting for many people.
Can't see to much policy change appearing in the public domain before the election. Afterwards, well, we can hope.

Can't see to much policy change appearing in the public domain before the election. Afterwards, well, we can hope.
Yeh people have moved onto Harris(for obvious reasons) but she doesn't have any authority until late jan 2025, unless Biden dies or steps down. Presuming she wins

American foreign policy also hasn't really changed from Trump to Biden, Harris is seemingly establishment to the core so expecting a reformist is fools gold imo

Fantasy land I'm afraid.

America isn't going to break ties with Israel no matter how many Arabs die.
If you want someone who will be a vehement critic of Netanyahu then Shapiro is your man.

Trump will make sure his hands are nice and warm before he cups his balls.

Those bombs are about to change direction at least. I guess that is a positive for Gaza.

I'm awaiting an email from Kamala, letting me know earlier than others who her choice for VP is. It's like getting a Lightning Lane Pass at Disney World.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Valid point. Sanders supporters staying home in 2016 proved to be telling.

it’s where obama was successful - motivating apathetic voters to get to the polls. kamala needs to do that. with all the praise she's getting she's only reduced the gap so far.

sanders and aoc are so refreshing to hear. restores some faith in humanity.

I think it will be Shapiro. they seem to get along well, and will make a formidable ticket. they'll also bring PA into serious play, which will likely decide the election. we'll know in a couple of hours, but he's my tip.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back