USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some would argue that there are group of people who call themselves left but instead advocate for policies that are anti merit, racist and sexist because they dont believe in individualism and universal rights and simply dont understand capitalism but instead believe in moral relativism, collectivism, that peoples behaviour should align with their race and sex and that responsibility passes down family bloodlines and sex rather than stopping at the individual.

And many call these people/policies woke. I.e. when people complain about woke they arent actually complaining about left wingers. They are complaining about an ideology that is so rightwing that it has now been rejected by conservatives as even too outdated for them.

Although the name itself doesnt actually matter if you want to use woke for a different description. If so you still need a label for these people/policies described above because its this group that people are complaining about.
Ive read this twice and all it comes down to is a lot of words

I don't think anyone here just hates old white guys. I mean most here would univerally have very favourable opinions of Bernie Sanders.
Perhaps some, rather than many. I think he’s a grumpy old man.

I have not seen anyone on this board who discusses US politics, who dislikes politicians literally for being straight white and male. The issue is when these said straight, white males don't want to do anything aside from feather their own nests.

However some examples below:

Peter Buttigieg is a brilliant communicator, but a corporate shill when it comes down to it. He is gay, it doesn't mean he is more progressive.
IMHO Pete is a pragmatic progressive , rather than a corporate shill. Bernie bros chose to think differently when Pete won in Iowa.

This is a great video. Some positive vibes here. I hope this carries on to November.

I think some would argue that there are group of people who call themselves left but instead advocate for policies that are anti merit, racist and sexist because they dont believe in individualism and universal rights and simply dont understand capitalism but instead believe in moral relativism, collectivism, that peoples behaviour should align with their race and sex and that responsibility passes down family bloodlines and sex rather than stopping at the individual.

And many call these people/policies woke. I.e. when people complain about woke they arent actually complaining about left wingers. They are complaining about an ideology that is so rightwing that it has now been rejected by conservatives as even too outdated for them.

Although the name itself doesnt actually matter if you want to use woke for a different description. If so you still need a label for these people/policies described above because its this group that people are complaining about.
Anyone who would argue in that way can be safely dismissed as a moron.

As I said, he sounds like a good bloke. Doesn't change my point about how some posters would normally despise a 60 yo white bloke.
No one despises 60 yo white blokes because they are 60 yo white blokes.

If we do despise them it is because they are dickheads. Like Trump is a dickhead.

There's a long way to go, but Harris/Walz have gained a lot of momentum compared to Trump/Vance. Nearly every swing state poll I've checked has only moved further to Harris since she announced.

Most of the attacks on Walz have fallen flat. Almost all of them sound more accurate as criticisms of Trump than of Walz (old white man, avoided service, "Weirdo Walz", Walz wants to let some felons vote).

Watching the GOP flounder now is like how they were after the election, just going off with nonsense for days hoping something would stick.

Watching the GOP flounder now is like how they were after the election, just going off with nonsense for days hoping something would stick.
Yeah I think this is not the right approach

1723071221456.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Progressive policies arent wildly popular. The opposite in fact. Thats why progressives dont get the nomination.
Progressives don't get nominated as the democrats usually stage manage their primaries, to get someone corporate friendly

Also what progressive things in Minnesota that Tim Walz have done that are unpopular either in his state or nationwide and/or you don't like? End of the day, he would probably be a fairly standard ALP politician here, which makes him uber progressive by many peoples standards in the US.

Even Joe Manchin (I am assuming someone you you'd be far more politically alligned with than I am) was praising Tim Walz as a great VP pick.

This tends to describe randos on social media, not really anyone on here, or close to power on the democrats side in America.

These people (often strawmen created by the GOP) if/when they exist, are ****ing morons.

Dems biggest issue on that front is in the past they try to get someone from a minority background to do the same corporate dem stuff of appeasing donoors that white guys have done forever, then expect people to jizz over how diverse they are. As I mentioned in a previous post, they tried that with Hillary and it failed badly.

Why is Walz only for working families and not every American?
I hope for your sake this is sarcasm/satire.

Its not that bad mate, election will still be very tight with Trump probably still slight favourite - yet you appear to be in some kind of ideological death spiral here, pull up!!

'Define woke' you say....well, why don't you just ask Kommola?

After all, she referred to it on no less than six occassions in a thirty-second clip. It must have some meaning.

Surely a serious presidential candidate wouldn't use such a meaningless word... surely?
Don't assume Kamala is as dumb as you are mate

Ok, seriously mate - R U OK!??

nuthouse.gif

'Define woke' you say....well, why don't you just ask Kommola?

After all, she referred to it on no less than six occassions in a thirty-second clip. It must have some meaning.

Surely a serious presidential candidate wouldn't use such a meaningless word... surely?

1723075932669.png

âś… Couch
âś… Coffee Grinder

What other inanimate objects do you guys use? Surely it'd be easier to go the conventional route and get a blow up doll? Or is it because they can't say no?

As I said, he sounds like a good bloke. Doesn't change my point about how some posters would normally despise a 60 yo white bloke.
Classic conservative projection re: identity politics here imo

White, straight male as a pejorative. It's a real thing.
Not as much of a real thing as the right pretends. Its just that older, white, straight males tend to be over-represented in terms of truly repulsive politics and policies.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back