USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm not really seeing it. I guess she's altering her cadence a bit for different settings? Although I'd like to see an example of a civilian using "detroit speak" for comparison, no idea what that is.

Just another apt demonstration of how much trouble they're having finding something with some traction to attack her over imo
I bet these clowns think JFK was not leader material because he said, "Ich bin ein Berliner". A leader uses whatever tools available to get his audience onside. It could be empathetic use of an accent, or hanging out at tailgate party at the stadium. Even going into a donut shop. :winkv1:
It is just so pathetic what straws they have to grasp at rather than anything of substance.

Never said it would

I said it's sad a "leader" feels the need to do it. Such leadership

Did Obama, or any other president ever do this? No. It's a complete sign of fragility and mental weakness that cheerleaders just cannot accept. No leader would stoop to this, they're authentic
That is nothing but your opinion. You need to provide more to show how this actually matters in the context of the election- eg polls showing change of vote specifically due to the shifting acccent.

For mine it is a nothing burger.

I said it's sad a "leader" feels the need to do it. Such leadership
Concern trolling.

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

First they were upset she wasn't changing what she was saying - they didn't understand what a stump speech is - now they're upset she is changing what she's saying?

Gosh it's hard to keep up with such deep and valid critiques.
And they weren’t happy when she wasn’t speaking either -‘she’s hiding’ lol - there is no pleasing them.
Mostly they can’t get any traction and that is their issue.

Last edited:
"I havent noticed the accent stuff"

Poster shows you

< Sarcastic response >

Twice today you've done it. You just can't admit being wrong, it's hilarious to watch knowing you'll be smashing your keyboard over it like a child
Welcome to the internet. Dismay awaits every thinking human, dozens of times a day.

Some of y'all are really messed up. We Americans don't have accents.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Many years ago we had a delightful American woman visiting for a couple of months as part of our work team of half a dozen Australians.

One day she was listening to us all shooting the shit at morning tea break and she said “Oh I just LOVE your accents!”

I said “um, YOU’RE the one with the accent!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Yang gives his opinion on Harris debating in 2020

So, what would I say about Harris as a debater? She gets high marks for poise and being able to recall and deliver messages. She prefers to use notes, which makes sense given her legal background—she used the time before the moderators got started to reproduce notes on the notepaper we were given. (Note: I did the exact same thing.)

She certainly has the stamina for a 90-minute debate. She'll expect hostility from Trump, and I expect her to be steady and strong. She was taken by surprise by Tulsi Gabbard's pointed and persistent attacks four years ago but there will be no surprise here. Outside of the primaries, she debated former Vice President Mike Pence four years ago, and I thought that she was clear and composed throughout.

A lot of debate prep is memorizing 90-second responses to questions on different subject areas: foreign policy, economy, immigration, health care, education, etc. Harris' team has been preparing her for the debate for weeks, including mock debates with an experienced Trump stand-in. I'm sure she's had talking points accompanying her on the campaign trail to study and that recalling them won't be an issue. The truth is that when you're campaigning, you're often on a bus or a plane and either calling people or studying notes. She's had plenty of opportunity to get the substance down.

That said, I was a little bit surprised that some of these talking points weren't more clearly evident in her recent CNN interview. You can often pick up on debate prep in interviews, because if someone has been memorizing paragraphs in response to various cues they will naturally utilize them when asked any related question.

People like Swan4Life used to preach from milk crates in Bourke Street Mall until they overstepped the mark - got called out - and scuttled off like the cowards they are.

No cowardice here "QuietB"

Unlike Kommola, who the Gold Star families have sent a very clear message to:

No cowardice here "QuietB"

Unlike Kommola, who the Gold Star families have sent a very clear message to:

They've also sent a very clear message to Trump, for a long time now

"suckers" and "losers"

Did you say 'Give me more evidence of Kommola's shameless disrespect of Gold Star families and her cheap political pointscoring at the expense of fallen soldiers'?

Happy to oblige, "QuietB":

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative.

Did you say 'Give me more evidence of Kommola's shameless disrespect of Gold Star families and her cheap political pointscoring at the expense of fallen soldiers'?

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative.

If you can't spell her name properly why should anyone bother to read anything you have to say?

Oh Tom Cotton says it was all good?

Must be fine then :tearsofjoy:

On one side you seem to have Trump sycophants and partisans saying nothing to see here, on the other you have actual military and vet orgs saying yeah he's pretty bad. Gee who to believe I wonder :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back