Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

He's considered one of the most hardworking, professional and dedicated players in the League - when it comes to preparation and training, he's meant to be fanatical.

Purely for that, if you could get him very cheap, it'd be worth looking at - would be a great mentor for some of your younger players.

No wonder Port don't have room for him with their ageing list :rolleyes:

Much respect for the player he has been, but is damaged goods for mine.

He's considered one of the most hardworking, professional and dedicated players in the League - when it comes to preparation and training, he's meant to be fanatical.

Purely for that, if you could get him very cheap, it'd be worth looking at - would be a great mentor for some of your younger players.

Why would you care??? If Adelaide don't want him we should stay claer of him with respect.

Seriously, we have mentors without Kane and Cotch is going alight in the proficiency/leadership stakes thanks. You must underrate our young list!:D

Nice try but Omeara offers so much more!!!:cool:

I'd love to pick him up. He's a 28 year old 3 time best and fairest winner, an All Australian and a premiership player with a point to prove. If they want him gone, and GWS isn't an option, then Port have a problem. What's our 4th or 5th round pick worth in a weak draft?

The general consensus was a big no to Miller, however he has by far exceeded expectations. Cornes would easily be in our best 22. If we have a chance to improve our list, I'd be disappointed if we didn't. Unfortunately it looks like he's GWS bound...

We should have a big crack at Danyle Pearce.

I'd love to pick him up. He's a 28 year old 3 time best and fairest winner, an All Australian and a premiership player with a point to prove. If they want him gone, and GWS isn't an option, then Port have a problem. What's our 4th or 5th round pick worth in a weak draft?

The general consensus was a big no to Miller, however he has by far exceeded expectations. Cornes would easily be in our best 22. If we have a chance to improve our list, I'd be disappointed if we didn't. Unfortunately it looks like he's GWS bound...

We should have a big crack at Danyle Pearce.
Just what we need - another midget.

It seems to me that there are problems behind the scenes at Port (no shit sherlock!)

And it would not surprise me if he and the coach have issues. If that't the case it's no wonder he isn't playing any good as his heart is obviously not in it.

I would take him, for sure. But given he is contracted, it would require a trade, and if that's the case, we don't hold the aces.

There's more chance of us getting Maric because he is out of contract.

We drafted Cousins, at age 30, who had chronic hamstring issues as well as severe baggage. Collingwood drafted Luke Ball at age 26, who had chronic groin issues. Hawthorn took Shaun Burgoyne at age 28, who had a checkered injury history. The AFL is full of examples of players re-inventing themselves and contributing in a big way. I fail to see how Kane Cornes can have a negative impact on our club. I'm having trouble comprehending the logistics of getting him here, but if we have the chance and a deal suits us, the get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We drafted Cousins, at age 30, who had chronic hamstring issues as well as severe baggage. Collingwood drafted Luke Ball at age 26, who had chronic groin issues. Hawthorn took Shaun Burgoyne at age 28, who had a checkered injury history. The AFL is full of examples of players re-inventing themselves and contributing in a big way. I fail to see how Kane Cornes can have a negative impact on our club. I'm having trouble comprehending the logistics of getting him here, but if we have the chance and a deal suits us, the get it done.

Easy.

Cousins was pointless except for marketing, help him out , and help our midfield stand on its own two feet,

Our midfield now can stand on its own two feet so, we don't need a grandpa anymore!! We now need another teen like Omeara who will be a jet in 4-5 years when we are fighting for a premiership!!!;)

No wonder Port don't have room for him with their ageing list :rolleyes:

Much respect for the player he has been, but is damaged goods for mine.

Port's handling of their senior players this year absolutely baffles me.

I completely understand wanting to pump games into your kids, but, at the same time, you need the big/strong/experienced players around to teach/shield them, and you need to make sure there is competition for spots and form and effort gets rewarded.

I can see what Primus is doing, but I think he's gone a little bit too far with it.

Why would you care??? If Adelaide don't want him we should stay claer of him with respect.

Doesn't suit our list and we don't need him. We already have Doughty/Reilly/Truck/Thommo/Johncock and a few of our mids entering the 24/26 age range.

You guys might not either, just saying, as a mentor type, he'd be great. And I do rate your list - but it's obviously young and lack of depth is a huge problem.

As I said, if you could pick him up very cheap, would be worth the role of the dice.

I completely understand wanting to pump games into your kids, but, at the same time, you need the big/strong/experienced players around to teach/shield them, and you need to make sure there is competition for spots and form and effort gets rewarded.

I can see what Primus is doing, but I think he's gone a little bit too far with it.

Doesn't suit our list and we don't need him. We already have Doughty/Reilly/Truck/Thommo/Johncock and a few of our mids entering the 24/26 age range.

You guys might not either, just saying, as a mentor type, he'd be great. And I do rate your list - but it's obviously young and lack of depth is a huge problem.

As I said, if you could pick him up very cheap, would be worth the role of the dice.

Coming from a crows supporter naturally, we should ignore him then:D

Is he that damaged goods/obselete you wont touch him??:D

I have said many times on here that the major thing we lack is on-field leadership. IMO It's the biggest factor in our inability to be competitive when the heat is on, in games that really matter.

Yet I still don't subscribe to the theory of signing up rejects from other clubs to try and fill that void. I certainly wouldn't see the sense in de-listing (or not playing) someone like Tuck, only to turn around and sign Kane Cornes. Our midfield is quite young, but it's not THAT young. Foley, Jackson, Deledio should be able to provide enough support for the likes of Cotchin, Martin and Conca.

We have identified some players coming up through the ranks who ooze leadership. It's just a matter of being patient now, waiting for the time when they are ready to actually lead.

Danyle Pearce is the one we should be after. Ever since he came into the league he has been tagged nearly every week. Thats got to take a large toll on him, especially when your team is no good and you get no help. Pearce has serious talent, there's a reason he is tagged virtually every week. A change of scenery could do wonders for him, he's the type of player we'd benefit greatly from, a highly skilled outside mid, and it would benefit him greatly too.

Danyle Pearce is the one we should be after. Ever since he came into the league he has been tagged nearly every week. Thats got to take a large toll on him, especially when your team is no good and you get no help. Pearce has serious talent, there's a reason he is tagged virtually every week. A change of scenery could do wonders for him, he's the type of player we'd benefit greatly from, a highly skilled outside mid, and it would benefit him greatly too.

Pearce has proven he struggles to make a team falling off the cliff.

Butcher and Moore would have to be better punts:cool:

Pearce has proven he struggles to make a team falling off the cliff.

Butcher and Moore would have to be better punts:cool:

You honestly think Port would even consider getting rid of Butcher after what he showed in his first game?

The only way we get Butcher is if we offer up Cotchin/Martin/Riewoldt.

Not going to happen.

You honestly think Port would even consider getting rid of Butcher after what he showed in his first game?

The only way we get Butcher is if we offer up Cotchin/Martin/Riewoldt.

Not going to happen.

You know we aren't going to give up any of those three for Butcher and Butcher isn't worth that, he played on no-one and Hawthorn were so far in front they could experiment

Butcher might want to be desperate to leave the next Fitzroy if Port folds though

You know we aren't going to give up any of those three for Butcher and Butcher isn't worth that, he played on no-one and Hawthorn were so far in front they could experiment

Butcher might want to be desperate to leave the next Fitzroy if Port folds though

Port would see him worth that though.

What would you realistically think would get the deal done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back