Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like him and he is starting to find it.
Needs to work on his ball use. Too many times he just blasts it without thinking. Often undos a lot of his good work.

Very very promising though.

Really like him and he is starting to find it.
Needs to work on his ball use. Too many times he just blasts it without thinking. Often undos a lot of his good work.

Very very promising though.
I think that will come with another 20-40 games under his belt , He will know he has more time and take that time
I would also like to see him run with the ball a bit more breaking lines and become more damaging by taking ground

Another preseason and 20 games this kid will become a gem
Great selection by Clarke that managed to get 2 x 3rd rounders + McAullife for pick #35

If he goes out when Taranto/Prestia/Hopper come back and Dow stays in I'll be livid.
Dunno, feel like the only way Dow makes it is to develop in the Ones, it's also make or break year for him. If Dow is going to be dropped now, its just about papers stamped. With Kmac I expect if he goes back he will just keep tearing it up. We've found a good one with him.

Great first half but not great 2nd half

Great 1st year and play him every game for the rest of the year

* Not that we have anybody else
Yeah, definitely faded out of it in the second half

A while ago that would have been completely expected for a new player with only a handful of games under the belt, but I guess quite a few more player are hitting the draft fully formed and match fit

Yeah, definitely faded out of it in the second half
It’s been mentioned a bit here about his quiet second half but he was hardly out there.

At one point he was 9 minutes off at the end of the third and started on the bench for the start of the fourth. That was another 6 or 7 minutes.

I haven’t seen the numbers but he would be lucky to have played 50% for the half. In fact, I’ll be staggered if it was near 50%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been mentioned a bit here about his quiet second half but he was hardly out there.

At one point he was 9 minutes off at the end of the third and started on the bench for the start of the fourth. That was another 6 or 7 minutes.

I haven’t seen the numbers but he would be lucky to have played 50% for the half. In fact, I’ll be staggered if it was near 50%
They might have an eye on a 5 day turnaround. He is not a natural runner, or he would have played earlier. 5 goals up so they might have gone into protection mode a bit. No point flogging your kids.

They might have an eye on a 5 day turnaround. He is not a natural runner, or he would have played earlier. 5 goals up so they might have gone into protection mode a bit. No point flogging your kids.
Probably true, my point is it was probably not so much a fade out rather limited opportunity and probably interrupted any rhythm he could have got in to.

TOG for the game was equal lowest of the players who played the full game at 69%. Not sure on quarter-by-quarter breakdown, but he only had the one CBA in the last quarter, which probably contributed to him not touching the ball.

This is true

Player management in operation there with Kane.. Hasn't had a full pre-season..

TOG for the game was equal lowest of the players who played the full game at 69%. Not sure on quarter-by-quarter breakdown, but he only had the one CBA in the last quarter, which probably contributed to him not touching the ball.
55% in the 3Q & 59% in the 4Q. Definitely needs to work on his tank. But the club would've expected that to happen at VFL level for most of the year. I also think the issue with him bombing it long without looking is partly tank related and also us lacking genuine talls up forward and always being under pressure without running options to give the ball to.

55% in the 3Q & 59% in the 4Q. Definitely needs to work on his tank. But the club would've expected that to happen at VFL level for most of the year. I also think the issue with him bombing it long without looking is partly tank related and also us lacking genuine talls up forward and always being under pressure without running options to give the ball to.
How would I find those stats?

Taranto and Prestia back this week.
He might be in the VFL this week?
Don't even think of it.
Taranto can play limited time.
I hope they play Graham as sub and bring him on late 3rd Q, and rest either MacA or Taranto. A full steam Graham would be a good sub as everyone is running a bit slower and he can use his running to best effect.
MacAuliffe was so impressive last week, no way should he be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back