Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a few comments on his kicking, suggesting that it's elite or close to. He's a neatish kick but he's not Errol Gulden or anything right now.
have watched him closely every game and he hits targets busting out of packs like few can. switches and hits up players you're not even thinking are in the play. absolute laser foot on him. only thing thats let him down lately is kicking blindly for distance. not a lot of exposed form but what I've seen I'd class as elite.

have watched him closely every game and he hits targets busting out of packs like few can. switches and hits up players you're not even thinking are in the play. absolute laser foot on him. only thing thats let him down lately is kicking blindly for distance. not a lot of exposed form but what I've seen I'd class as elite.
If he lacks a tank, his kicking will be impacted as fatigues sets in.

Dunno, feel like the only way Dow makes it is to develop in the Ones, it's also make or break year for him. If Dow is going to be dropped now, its just about papers stamped. With Kmac I expect if he goes back he will just keep tearing it up. We've found a good one with him.
He has done enough to continue to be on the list in case of injuries next year ... but his gift was exactly that in the first half of this year ... still is no where near best22 ... has increased his Clearances by 0.6 game, Handballs by 0.9 game and his AFL Fantasy from 47.7 to 52.7 on the back of 12 straight games ... but just give him 12 more games lol ... absolute joke this campaigner ... he should go to the VFL and start picking up 35+ and learning how to add metres gained ... maybe learn how to play another position like half forward so that he can be the second string midfielder he will only ever be ... first round draft pick ...ffs

I'd take MacAuluffe every week of the year ... and Sonsie a close second

Last edited:
I’ll confess I haven’t watched the Geelong game. Was flying back home from cairns. Was planning on catching up with a replay, but eh
Just watch the first half
That’s where Kane did his best work as did the rest of the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind him being the sub every now than don't cook him, I think we should rotate players as the sub till it's gone, Sonsie gets it next week.

Sonsie needs to pull his finger out because this guy will go straight past him

Sonsie needs to pull his finger out because this guy will go straight past him

McAuliffe is 6cm taller and 9kg's heavier than Sonsie.

Sonsie is just lacking the body strength at this stage to play where he would probably do the most damage as a sweeping midfielder.

McAuliffe looks the goods attacking the ball, but he will be well short of being a properly competitive AFL midfielder at this stage. Will need a lot more knowhow, in combat with opponents, and also of the team's gameplans, and defensive acumen. Sonsie is probably closer to having a tank and knowledge of game plan, but just needs greater physical strength and probably some finishing in the defensive department.

I've seen enough extend him 2 more years asap. Just think in 3 more years Mcauliffe, Smilley, Tom Green as starting midfield rotating with Bolton, Hopper, Taranto and a couple more that were top 10 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back