Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

9 minutes of game time. 7 touches. 5 contested. 2 clearances & intercepts.

Sexy Dirty Mind GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

McAuliffe is 6cm taller and 9kg's heavier than Sonsie.

Sonsie is just lacking the body strength at this stage to play where he would probably do the most damage as a sweeping midfielder.

McAuliffe looks the goods attacking the ball, but he will be well short of being a properly competitive AFL midfielder at this stage. Will need a lot more knowhow, in combat with opponents, and also of the team's gameplans, and defensive acumen. Sonsie is probably closer to having a tank and knowledge of game plan, but just needs greater physical strength and probably some finishing in the defensive department.

Sonsie has been in the system long enough to know what’s required.

McAuliffe is still green but has a massive advantage in terms of physical presence. I like Sonsie but he needs to get a move on.

If I knew Yze would play him the remainder of the year I'd load up on him in the Rising star. He's listed 81-1 or not at all. Hard to comprehend him and Brown aren't even listed outside 251-1, whilst Doggies Jordan Croft is 201-1 without playing a single game? The fields wide open, nobody eligible has done much so far. Some Roos dud will probably win it by virtue of decent stat average, when hardly anybody voting would watch more than a handful of their games. Wish Yze would play him the rest of the year with maybe one rest game.

I have no issue with him being sub, he cant run out games, but I do have an issue using a sub mid last quarter 2 weeks in a row.
Yeah I'd prefer we used him the other way, start with him and then take him off late in the third or something if he is struggling.

I know that might be hard though now we've got Prestia, Taranto etc back

Pretty conservative use of the sub. Sonsie had a quiet game, Prestia was sore and pretty quiet, why was he left on the field when a ready made replacement was waiting to spell him. Graham was going okay. It's not like he was a new kid with no form, he was about our best at half time last week.

Yze said something in the press conference about Prestia not wanting to come off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue with him being sub, he cant run out games, but I do have an issue using a sub mid last quarter 2 weeks in a row.

100% the way we are treating these young guys irks me no end. This isn't the 1990's these young players need decent game time; I don't care if they are the sub but geez give them more than a quarter, 15 mins is a joke.

Gee he was good when he came on last night.
If he gets his tank right, we could have a special one.
Mate compared him to a potential mark Coughlan.

Gee he was good when he came on last night.
If he gets his tank right, we could have a special one.
Mate compared him to a potential mark Coughlan.
I called this when he was drafted.

He needed to come off he was a complete fumbling butcher. How was his backwards kick straight to a crows player. Loved him when he could play now he is a massive liability no more beyond this year.
Was involved in the play...but his timing was off...just a bit rusty in game play...will be better for the run!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back