Kane lambert

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would I?

I don't live in Melbourne or Victoria??

I had to google her name and Richmond when she was mentioned by a bigfooty poster.

What does that say about RFC website communication?

Some of you clowns need to take your head our of your arse!!
What does not living in Melbourne or Victoria have to do with it? You clearly have access to the internet or you wouldn’t be able to post here.

Lol the clubs communication. They literally have released 3 books about the premierships where she always gets a chapter. Pretty much every retiree in last few years makes sure to thank her for her efforts.

So maybe it’s not the Tigers communication but your ability to research and ingest information.

And finally you revert to name calling and personal attacks to cover up your complete and utter ignorance about the club.

You’d think if you were as brilliant a “strategists” as you think you were you’d have completed some research about the topic you were trying to discuss, but as proven again you don’t even know basic information about the club.

Great appointment

wouldn't mind seeing a couple of assistant move on, and replaced with new people...

McQualter, Lonergan and Morris for me appear to be positions we could improve significantly on.

Lonerganin particular with Development and VFL midfield... None of our young mids have developed a lot recently, yes some effected by covid challenges, but when compared to other clubs, it seems to be behind the pace... Apart from Sonsie who looked to be on talent more than anything, whats happened to all our other young mids.

We have ended the season with Ross, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Gibcus(who looked a bit cooked) Miller and Cumberland having made their way into the best 22 or right on the fringe of it, and none of those were nailed on in the best 22 at the start of the season. Ralphsmith is another who is right on the cusp.

We got absolutely outstanding improvement from our youngsters in 2022. In at least one case, I think Cumberland from memory, Hardwick went to pains to point out the great work Lonergan had done with him.

I am not sure you thought that post out too well there HH. Morris has taken a VFL team with very little AFL experience to within an inch of making the top 8 in a 21 team comp. Is there any real reason we should be making random wholesale changes to a system that is working well? Especially when the club values connection the way it does, and is seeking stability. The club has performed well in 2022 all things considered. The last 17 matches in the AFL season with a max loss of 6 points seems to indicate a really consistent level of performance. All while pumping a load of games into players who are essentially novice footballers at this level. And missing probably 3 of the best 4 players plus one of our skippers and last year’s B & F for meaningful periods.

I don’t get why people are looking at a really high functioning club and seeing the need to change all sorts of things. The main change we needed was to recruit big bodied midfielders….

We have ended the season with Ross, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Gibcus(who looked a bit cooked) Miller and Cumberland having made their way into the best 22 or right on the fringe of it, and none of those were nailed on in the best 22 at the start of the season. Ralphsmith is another who is right on the cusp.

We got absolutely outstanding improvement from our youngsters in 2022. In at least one case, I think Cumberland from memory, Hardwick went to pains to point out the great work Lonergan had done with him.

I am not sure you thought that post out too well there HH. Morris has taken a VFL team with very little AFL experience to within an inch of making the top 8 in a 21 team comp. Is there any real reason we should be making random wholesale changes to a system that is working well? Especially when the club values connection the way it does, and is seeking stability. The club has performed well in 2022 all things considered. The last 17 matches in the AFL season with a max loss of 6 points seems to indicate a really consistent level of performance. All while pumping a load of games into players who are essentially novice footballers at this level. And missing probably 3 of the best 4 players plus one of our skippers and last year’s B & F for meaningful periods.

I don’t get why people are looking at a really high functioning club and seeing the need to change all sorts of things. The main change we needed was to recruit big bodied midfielders….
Each to their own... but I don't believe out development has been on par with others... Hey, I may be wrong, but it's not as if Ross, RCD, Sonsie, Ralphsmith are bashing the door down to take our midfield positions. My issue is mainly with mid development. Our biggest weakness in the ones was our mids, hence Toranto and Hopper...

Cumbo and Jnr are fwds, so a little different, and Miller was a back who got a chance through injury (to his credit kept his place). Looking in though, apart from Gibcus (who was a little lucky with selection at times), which KPP at either end of the ground is banging the door down either... I loe and respect Jack, but the fact he's going arounf again proves no-one has taken the opportunity to take his spot. We brought in a 30+ player in Tarrant because or Key backs weren't ready.

And whilst it changed by the end of the season, the fact we were still playing Aarts, George, Kmac and at an absolutely long stretch JR instead of kids coming through, IMO, shows they hadn' developed enough to step into senior footy...

Don't get me wrong, I think our list is in a fantastic position with youth ready to challenge for the next 5 years, I just think their development could be ahead of where they are now. Plus I'm all for stability and connection, I think in general terms they are great, but if you sit on your hands and don't change (to improve) eventually everyone goes past you...

So I did think about my post, maybe I overthought it, maybe my expectation differs from yours, who knows...

Each to their own... but I don't believe out development has been on par with others... Hey, I may be wrong, but it's not as if Ross, RCD, Sonsie, Ralphsmith are bashing the door down to take our midfield positions. My issue is mainly with mid development. Our biggest weakness in the ones was our mids, hence Toranto and Hopper...

Cumbo and Jnr are fwds, so a little different, and Miller was a back who got a chance through injury (to his credit kept his place). Looking in though, apart from Gibcus (who was a little lucky with selection at times), which KPP at either end of the ground is banging the door down either... I loe and respect Jack, but the fact he's going arounf again proves no-one has taken the opportunity to take his spot. We brought in a 30+ player in Tarrant because or Key backs weren't ready.

And whilst it changed by the end of the season, the fact we were still playing Aarts, George, Kmac and at an absolutely long stretch JR instead of kids coming through, IMO, shows they hadn' developed enough to step into senior footy...

Don't get me wrong, I think our list is in a fantastic position with youth ready to challenge for the next 5 years, I just think their development could be ahead of where they are now. Plus I'm all for stability and connection, I think in general terms they are great, but if you sit on your hands and don't change (to improve) eventually everyone goes past you...

So I did think about my post, maybe I overthought it, maybe my expectation differs from yours, who knows...

I guess when you look at where we are drafting these players you are talking about, Dow 21, RCD 20, Martyn 44, Ross 43, Sonsie 28. They have been in the system 4,4,3,3,1 years. hose are the ones that would have been earmarked for the inside mid positions Taranto and Hopper are now likely to take. By the way I think he club would be delighted with the development of Ross and Sonsie. Whether either or both are going to be starting inside mids in time, who knows. But let’s look at say 5 drafts 2010-2014 for midfielders who were drafted in the range 20-44, and see how they are getting on….

22 Mitch Wallis never quite made the grade as an inside mid.
23 Cam Guthrie decent inside mid
35 Ben Newton
37 George Horlin-Smith
38 Mitch Hallanhan
40 Luke Parker - strong mid
41 Tom Liberatore - strong mid
44 Viv Michie

21 Tom Mitchell
Strong mid
25 Seb Ross - workmanlike mid
27 Sam Kerridge never made it
30 Elliott Yeo - decent mid
36 Rory Taggart
37 Jack Newnes - workmanlike winger
41 Mitch Grigg

20 Tim Broomhead
26 Jack Viney decent mid
31 Kamdyn McIntosh decent winger
35 Tom Temay
37 Ben Jacobs - ok defensive mid career curtailed by injury
45 Brant Colledge

23 Matt Crouch
looked ok until he wasn’t
24 Billy Hartung
26 Zac Merrett strong mid
30 Trent Dumont
32 George Hewett decent defensive mid
33 Tom Cutler
36 Jarrad Jansen
38 Dayle Garlett
40 Jay Kennedy-Harris

22 Dan Mckenzie late blooming reasonable winger
24 Jack Steele strong mid
28 Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
29 Touk Miller strong mid
31 Daniel Howe
34 Connor Blakely fringe at best mid
38 Jack Hiscox
39 Declan Hamilton
42 Billy Stretch

So 5 drafts produced around 9-10 decent mids/wingers from 39 selections listed as midfielders.

So the chances are probably 1 in 4 of producing a decent midfielder in that range in the draft. You would probably say 5 of them are highly decorated, so a 1 in 8 chance of that happening and you end up with a Steele, Miller, Merrett, Parker, Mitchell, AA or B&F level player in a decent team, all of those bar Parker went to picks 29 or lower.

How many of those were going really well within 4 seasons? Most were probably tracking better than our guys but not many were dominating. Only probably Mitchell, Guthrie, Hewett and Parker had to break into top 4 level midfields like ours as well, and of those Parker took until year 3 to nail down a spot, Guthrie year 3 or 4, Hewett year 3 in a peripheral role, Mitchell year 3/4.

I think of our prospects, as I said Ross and Sonsie you could have no issue with their development so far. Martyn just looks too slow, and also slow to react. I am not sure any development system fixes that. So the two we are probably focussing on are Dow and Collier-Dawkins. Both appear to have some decent weapons but both are not threatening full time AFL inside mid roles as yet. It seems quite flimsy evidence to start shifting coaches over, especially given there is some chance we get something from either or both players yet. But from the 5 of them, and perhaps Ralphsmith as well, so 6 of them, if we end up with 2-3 decent AFL inside mids or wingers, we will be doing fine out of all those picks. And that is the way it appears to be headed for me. Plus if we get the 2 GWS mids then developing a midfield becomes less of a priority, and coaching them to fit into our system becomes the priority.

I think I’d be sticking with the guys we have.

Agree mate.
We went down that road in the 80s and 90s - ex-player this, ex-player that ... we floundered.
There's always room for ideas from outside and there should be ideas from outside.
Why I was against Newman simply stepping into our coaching box after retiring.
Go away and learn.
I get the love for ex-players but no walk up starts thanks.
YeH but if Stephen Jurica wants in he walks straight up

What does not living in Melbourne or Victoria have to do with it? You clearly have access to the internet or you wouldn’t be able to post here.

Lol the clubs communication. They literally have released 3 books about the premierships where she always gets a chapter. Pretty much every retiree in last few years makes sure to thank her for her efforts.

So maybe it’s not the Tigers communication but your ability to research and ingest information.

And finally you revert to name calling and personal attacks to cover up your complete and utter ignorance about the club.

You’d think if you were as brilliant a “strategists” as you think you were you’d have completed some research about the topic you were trying to discuss, but as proven again you don’t even know basic information about the club.

I am not a reader of books, it is not my style.

Why would I read about the premiership when I watch and monitor every game beforehand?

If I was coaching the club maybe but no need for me. Why would I want to research??

I have not name called. Where is the personal attack?? you clowns, how is that a personal attack or name calling?

As for strategy you are looking for yes people and sheep and scold any disparity, distinction or variation

See, this is how we know you're a troll. We don't even have to expose you. You do it yourself.

lol that is why you have been on ignore for years, cannot relate to others apart from your own fishbowl

I am not a troll which makes you an idiot

If we were in the GF this year I would have nothing to complain about would I?

Moreover if the club did not **** up between 1980 and 2017 I would not have to monitor any potential slippage from afar. Don't worry RFC has not been the only mess for decades. Essendon is carrying on the tradition at the moment. So it can happen again and I would rather RFC is alert to prevent following old mistakes

Last edited:
Who is Emma Murray?

Ill jump in for you mate and say I didnt know the name Emma Murray but I knew of the mindfulness teachings going on at the club.

I didnt know her name because strangely Essendon havent tried to poach her yet.

I knew Rudi Webster but that was only because TJ and Perc fought over him. Emma looks more fitting for two coaches to go at it over.

Ill jump in for you mate and say I didnt know the name Emma Murray but I knew of the mindfulness teachings going on at the club.

I didnt know her name because strangely Essendon havent tried to poach her yet.

I knew Rudi Webster but that was only because TJ and Perc fought over him. Emma looks more fitting for two coaches to go at it over.

I think I might have heard of her name before but it is not something I placed in my selective memory box on what I focus on.

At the end of the day I am focusing on our team achieving and working towards premierships and not focusing on too much periphery noise unless the support trends raise alarm bells potentially

I am not a reader of books, it is not my style.
So you complain that the club doesn’t communicate something to you but turns out you just don’t read what they put out.

In case you don’t read books here is an article on the club website with Short talking about how important she is

And a video

Or what about a podcast, Talking tigers podcast has mentioned her several times.

Maybe you only read newspapers

The Australian

Herald Sun

The Age

Or maybe you only listen to radio

Or maybe you only get your information on bigfooty

Or more likely maybe you’re just full of shit.

As for the rest of your post it’s just your usual nothing pretending your some awesome out of the box thinker, but end up being inconsistent with what you post elsewhere.

Being deliberately contrarian doesn’t mean shit, you actually need research, data/proof, consistency of thought and reproducible results for valid and constructive discussion. Not just some bullshit change the subject or Fox News narrative about yes men and sheeple.

If you feel like replying with your usual twaddle be my guest but I won’t be replying anymore.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you complain that the club doesn’t communicate something to you but turns out you just don’t read what they put out.

In case you don’t read books here is an article on the club website with Short talking about how important she is

And a video

Or what about a podcast, Talking tigers podcast has mentioned her several times.

Maybe you only read newspapers

The Australian

Herald Sun

The Age

Or maybe you only listen to radio

Or maybe you only get your information on bigfooty

Or more likely maybe you’re just full of s**t.

As for the rest of your post it’s just your usual nothing pretending your some awesome out of the box thinker, but end up being inconsistent with what you post elsewhere.

Being deliberately contrarian doesn’t mean s**t, you actually need research, data/proof, consistency of thought and reproducible results for valid and constructive discussion. Not just some bullshit change the subject or Fox News narrative about yes men and sheeple.

If you feel like replying with your usual twaddle be my guest but I won’t be replying anymore.
Geez, this is as bigger internet fisting i have ever seen. Brilliant response.

+_65274b16fdfb79f313ccedaa73ef57eb.gif

I don’t think he’s a troll. He just sees everything a lot differently to most of us but I don’t think we should be slamming him for it, it’s a forum for open discussion and most of the time he is discussing the Tigers and doesn’t get personal

Magic, I have you muted, but if you wanted to listen to what Emma Murray does and the impact she has had on the playing group, then David Astbury is on the most recent Dyl and Friends Podcast.

She is as important to our premierships as any coach or once in a generation player like Dustin Martin.

I wonder how he’ll help develop the tall forwards, no doubt he’ll be great for the forwards that run and pressure. Not sure if it’ll be more about forward structures rather than teaching forward craft and leading patterns because that is desperately something we need. Thank god we still have Lynchy there to develop the tall forwards.

I wonder how he’ll help develop the tall forwards, no doubt he’ll be great for the forwards that run and pressure. Not sure if it’ll be more about forward structures rather than teaching forward craft and leading patterns because that is desperately something we need. Thank god we still have Lynchy there to develop the tall forwards.

Tom lynch would do a lot of forward craft coaching. Rutten has plenty of technical experience as well.

You don’t really need to be Wayne Carey to tell a forward where to run to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane lambert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back