Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood are forced to use an alternate strip perhaps they could try incorporating pink into their jumper. No other club uses this colour and it would be a good way to recognise their non-hetrosexual supporters.

And if there's a few $$$ to be made they might look into a block-buster to coincide with the mardi gras.

Remember Eddie Saying we will never change our Jumper?

Have a look at what they wore in the 1990 Grand Final win.
They wore predominantly white with black stripes and black numbers.

1987 - 2000
Collingwood-White-4.gif

Now it’s predominantly black with white stripes and white numbers so when we (Stkilda) play them as a home team the backs of STK clash with Coll.

2001 -
Collingwood-2001.gif

Yes Eddie your jumper will never change.

db_006 said:
If Collingwood are forced to use an alternate strip perhaps they could try incorporating pink into their jumper. No other club uses this colour and it would be a good way to recognise their non-hetrosexual supporters.

And if there's a few $$$ to be made they might look into a block-buster to coincide with the mardi gras.

Why not your mob.....
you did after all sell your soul and your famed club colours wearing orange against us in 2000 !!! :D
then lose them as a major sponsor to your biggest rival in recent times ! :p
and finally, how about put a chip on yr left shoulder to balance the 'massive' chip on yr right shoulder !

eddiesmith said:
Well what makes all you idiots think this jumper change will appease the AFL? From what I can gather, if the AFL want to force clubs to have clash jumpers, our white backed jumper is not what they want, they want a complete change

You see, you are all arguing against the wrong people, we will never change from black and white stripes, the AFL want us to change our jumper, not just the order of the ********ing colours. Collingwood is not against wearing the white background jumper, but this is not what the ********ing AFL wants. When will you all get it through your thick heads?

Once it becomes the case, which at the moment, it is not.

Take a vallium.

dogga16 said:
Why not your mob.....
you did after all sell your soul and your famed club colours wearing orange against us in 2000 !!! :D
Oh yeah, I remember that. a couple of years before you went back-to-back.

Not a mention in this morning's papers either.

Have you all been duped? Has this all amounted to nothing more than another series of pathetic envy-driven anti-Eddie rants driven by a hoax?

The obsession continues.

I heard about it on White Line Fever.

It would serve Collingwood right if they threatened the AFL.The AFL made the new ruling set in concrete.

Collingwood think they ARE the competition.Wrong guys, you are only and will only ever be 1/16 of the competition.Whether you like it or not you have to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

Eddie wants a fair and equal competition.They how about a random draw every year.Collingwood could end up playing away 22 times a season.Now that would be unique.

dogga16 said:
I was expecting to see a bit more creativity in your response.
you disappoint me.
obviously still ashamed with yourself for leaving with 5mins to go :eek:

That was the funniest part, leaving the game and then your team win. Rather sad really.

Let them keep their stinking jumper, they can wear them through September too if they like,and we will keep our premierships, our September action and the fact that The North Melbourne Football club has been SO MUCH MORE successful in all our of lifetimes than the Collingwood Football Club and will continue to be (that is unless there is lots of 60 year olds on here) :) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB&W Pieman said:
Not a mention in this morning's papers either.

Have you all been duped? Has this all amounted to nothing more than another series of pathetic envy-driven anti-Eddie rants driven by a hoax?

The obsession continues.

It came in the form of a media release that was read out by Anthony Hudson about 3 times during 'The Run Home' on SEN yesterday evening. Given that no-one from the Roos has come out claiming they are not responsible for it, it is safe to assume that it came from them.

The fact that it hasn't made the papers is hardly surprising, given that the subject matter is the Kangaroos. The phrase 'shinboner spirit' must appear in any coverage of them, otherwise the story is thrown out. But, despite your wishful thinking, it was not a fantasy of Eddie obsessed, envy ridden individuals.

dogga16 said:
I was expecting to see a bit more creativity in your response.
you disappoint me.
obviously still ashamed with yourself for leaving with 5mins to go :eek:

I was there to the great ending... bet you wished you left with 5 minutes to go... afterall your team did... :D :D

Canberra can't stand you either, only go to see the Swans/Roos games for the Swans, couldn't give a stuff about your team.

so the 10,400 people at maunka the other week were their to see the swans?

even though the game was Roos V Port? yeah well done son.

i was at the game at the support would have been about 70-30 in favour of the roos and their were many many people decked out in roos supporters gear. i was suprised actually.

79Vintage said:
In Eddie's head Collingwood's jumper can't be touched but the kangaroos jumper means next to nothing, that's the way he came across. Basically Maguire denigrated the Kangaroos with his 'we are Collingwood' attitude when using the Roos as an example of the role Collingwood play in helping other clubs, when his facts were loose and wrong.

Why should Eddie respect the Kangaroos' history when they themselves don't.

campbell said:
IEddie wants a fair and equal competition.They how about a random draw every year.Collingwood could end up playing away 22 times a season.Now that would be unique.

That would have to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

you are aware of the concept of the HOME and AWAY season, are you not?

How do you figure that?

We have a club historian, a book detailing 125 yrs of history, are constantly referred to as a 'Shinboner' spirit coming from the old meatworks men who played down there, have held onto Arden St despite offers to move in the hope that the ground can be redeveloped to assist the club and local community, and constantly have celebrations regarding our past.

We know our history & love it, its why that spirit and character has us sitting 5th instead of 14th.

Gaso

Zeke said:

That is like me saying why should you as a supporter have any passion about your club... cause obviously your players don't... what was it again leading by 18 points with 3.22 left on the clock... I don't care how young they are... you don't let those games slip... :D :D but then if your captain can't ice the game... can you blame them??? :p

Zeke said:

Interesting comment given that our club had the biggest ever function to celebrate its history out of all the other AFL clubs. Not a bad effort given our traditionally small supporter base.

Obviously another lemming who just falls for this argument because that's what Guru Ed says.

Gasometer said:
How do you figure that?

We have a club historian, a book detailing 125 yrs of history, are constantly referred to as a 'Shinboner' spirit coming from the old meatworks men who played down there, have held onto Arden St despite offers to move in the hope that the ground can be redeveloped to assist the club and local community, and constantly have celebrations regarding our past.

We know our history & love it, its why that spirit and character has us sitting 5th instead of 14th.

Gaso

Lovely. Much as the "Shinboner" cliche bugs me sometimes, I'd rather my club's pride and link to their history famously beating in their chests, than worn on the outside.

Keep as many of the black and white stripes as you can still still see peeping out from behind sponsors' logos, if that's really all that makes the club to you. Home doesn't matter, playing with the strength of "the Machine" doesn't matter, as long as the wardrobe is okay. Each to their own, I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back